SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Have I broken any rules? ;)

I don't think so. :)

If so, I would think that somebody would inform me. If that happened, I would immediately stop doing whatever it was that was breaking rules.

Where's the keg? Because all this "discussion" is driving me to drink... or at least thinking about it.

Good grief, if you need to argue, find your wife. We are all tired of this crap here, especially in a former players thread. Why don't you make your own "Argue with DaveK" thread.

I don't think the moderators try very hard to enforce thread drift, especially in the off season, but people did make an NHL playoffs thread. Updates on former Sioux certainly deserve to find their way into this thread, but it would be nice if everyone did their best to sort other NHL playoff talk into the appropriate thread so disinterested parties could avoid it.

I don't need to argue. :)

If people didn't make snippy comments about me I wouldn't have any snippy comments to respond to. Don't blame me for retaliating, blame others for instigating.

This kind of contradicts your earlier statement about 30 year old men acting like teenagers doesnt it? Thats the way my teenagers act.....snippy....IMHO anyway. ;)

I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't say anything about myself being snippy, I said that sometimes I feel the need to respond to snippy comments made by others about me.

Either way, retaliation is so childish. Adults don't need to retaliate. I feel I am much more mature than that....

Really? You don't stick up for yourself if somebody puts you down? I mean that's okay and all, but... really?

Well, being the mature adult that I am, I don't get hurt by "put-downs" on the internet....especially when I obviously state things just to get people riled up.

I heard the guy in this picture likes the Gophers, the Sioux, and Ulf Samuelsson....but those types of people are a dime a dozen, so it really could be anybody.

fat20man20at20computer.jpg

It isn't about being "hurt" by put-downs, it's a matter of exposing the flaws in some wise guy's lame argument. Yeah, I understand that some people state things just to get me riled up... but what does that have to do with anything? I don't let it get me riled up, I just put them in their place. There's nothing immature about refusing to let people push you around. I think that instigating on message boards is immature, but retaliating is not.

Of course that's how you think :)

It isn't about being "hurt" by put-downs, it's a matter of exposing the flaws in some wise guy's lame argument. Yeah, I understand that some people state things just to get me riled up... but what does that have to do with anything? I don't let it get me riled up, I just put them in their place. There's nothing immature about refusing to let people push you around. I think that instigating on message boards is immature, but retaliating is not.

Does the saying shooting fish in a barrel mean anything to you?

brianvf, a voice of reason. Okay, I'll let it go. Unfortunately I can't speak for anybody other than myself. If somebody else insists on taking one more shot at me to satisfy their desire to have the last word, so be it.

:) Okay, I won't tell you what I'm about to tell you.

Just letting everyone know. JPL and the Aces are playing against the South Carolina Sting Rays tonight. From what I can find on the echl website, it is tied in ot 2-2. The Aces are on the brink of elmination, down in the series 3-1. They are playing for the Kelly Cup. I will let you know what happens.

Just letting everyone know. JPL and the Aces are playing against the South Carolina Sting Rays tonight. From what I can find on the echl website, it is tied in ot 2-2. The Aces are on the brink of elmination, down in the series 3-1. They are playing for the Kelly Cup. I will let you know what happens.

Unbelieveable season for JPL. You would have to think he would get a look in the AHL soon.

Unbelieveable season for JPL. You would have to think he would get a look in the AHL soon.

The Aces pulled off an overtime win tonight winning 3-2 and pulling the series to within one. The next game is next THURSDAY....in Alaska. If necessary, game 7 will be held in Alaska on Friday, June 5th.

GO JPL!!!! oh, and the rest of you Aces.

The final score last night was 4-2, however the last goal was empty net, so the Aces were right in it the whole time. After being down three games to one, they certainly didn't give up. I found Lamoureux's stats for the season over on the St Louis message board, where they are very interested to see where JPL is going to end up, they're hoping in Peoria.

Regular Season:

GP 51

W 33

L 16

SOL 2

GAA 2.29

SAV .923

SO 8

In the playoffs:

GP 21

W 15

L 5

OTL 1

GAA 1.95

SAV .934

SO 4

other than game 4 (5-0 loss) the 6 games were all very close to the end. Got to see all 7 games on TV and DAMN that was a fun series. 6 games in essence decided by one goal (ENG in the last 30 seconds are kinda moot) but a couple thoughts on the series

-JPL is still amazing. Some of the saves he made remind me of the Sioux days

-Those guys friggin fly up and down the ice. The last two games were like watching a game in speed mode. Even the announcers said "I don't know how long they can keep this pace up"

-If you put a good team on the ice, folks come out. After seeing 4 years of Anchorage games on satellite and seeing rows of empty yellow seats, to see that arena packed and that electric was insane.

-For you folks who have seen the UAA/Sioux games and hear those damn cowbells...take that loudness and crank it up about 100 times. Seems like EVERYONE there (even the Governor and her husband) had one of them cowbells.

Too bad Alaska lost...would have been great to come back from 3-1 deficit to win it. But SC did what very few people have done. Beat Alaska in their building. Alaska had been 8-1 in Playoff games there this year before last night and had one of the best home records in the season

I didn't listen to the game nor any for that matter, but I did look at the rosters.

Some random things jumped out at me:

1. SC is younger as a team than Alaska

2. Alaska has a player on it that is as old as I am! :D Kinda makes me wonder if there is a point where playing overseas is more lucrative than an 11 year career in the minors. I think it's pretty obvious that he'll never make the NHL, but what do I know.

3. This is just a hunch but... Sasha Pokaluk bolted from Cornell after his sophomore year (the same year that Washington began their attempts to woo Finley away as well) for the pros. Well, he's now a National Champion with the ECHL. My hunch tells me that Finley may end up spending a little time in the ECHL, but not as much as Pokaluk.

4. Alaska is full of former college players. SC has a few here and there. Couple players of note: Ryan Turek was released from Michigan State earlier this season (or just prior to it IIRC) for not developing the way Comley wanted him to develop. Former DU player who bolted for MJ TJ Fast is also on this team. Fast was a bit of a ? to me. I wonder if he'd've been in the ECHL if he had stayed with DU.