SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Well, if that's how you define a player as being a key member of a team you're certainly entitled to that. Personally, when I think of somebody as being a key member of a team I think of somebody who contributed during games and not just practices. When I referred to Samuelsson as being a key member of those two Stanley Cup championship teams I meant that without him I don't know if they win those Stanley Cups. I know the 1990-91 Penguins weren't really much of threat prior to the trade that sent him from Hartford to Pittsburgh. I think the Sioux get to those Frozen Fours with or without Walski as their backup goalie, but that's just my opinion and I'll never have the opportunity to be proven right or wrong on it.

EVERYONE on a team plays a KEY ROLE. that's why they call it a TEAM. get over it!

Well, if that's how you define a player as being a key member of a team you're certainly entitled to that. Personally, when I think of somebody as being a key member of a team I think of somebody who contributed during games and not just practices. When I referred to Samuelsson as being a key member of those two Stanley Cup championship teams I meant that without him I don't know if they win those Stanley Cups. I know the 1990-91 Penguins weren't really much of threat prior to the trade that sent him from Hartford to Pittsburgh. I think the Sioux get to those Frozen Fours with or without Walski as their backup goalie, but that's just my opinion and I'll never have the opportunity to be proven right or wrong on it.

Fair enough. I'm not discounting your statement, nor am proclaiming my following quote to be pure truth, but I like to think that "you're only as strong as your weakest link."

A lot of times your role players define your destiny. Sometimes that's not the case either. Obviously you need a few great talents on a team to win a title, but you still need players to make those guys as good as they can be, and to make the team as good as it can be.

DaveK - if you had any credibility you just lost it when you say that Gretzky was great in all aspects of the game. Count me as someone who thinks he is the greatest hockey player of all time, yet I will freely acknowledge that he was a subpar player in his own end. He was just so incredible offensively that it didn't matter.

Wasn't there an old joke that Wayne didn't know Grant Fuhr is "of color" until the team photo because he never got to that end of the rink to see Grant?

PS - When did Wayne or Grant play for UND. This thread is "former players" of UND. :D

Wasn't there an old joke that Wayne didn't know Grant Fuhr is "of color" until the team photo because he never got to that end of the rink to see Grant?

PS - When did Wayne or Grant play for UND. This thread is "former players" of UND. :D

heck its summer time and threads always get off topic :love:;)

I will have to agree to disagree with that. Yes, it is true that he didn't excel defensively like he did offensively. But at least he wasn't a liability defensively like Ovechkin is.

I wouldn't say Ovechkin is going to win the Selke trophy any time soon, but I also wouldn't say he's a huge liability in the defensive zone, either. We're talking about the same Alexander Ovechkin that absolutely destroys people with huge checks, right?

In this past regular season, AO was +8 in 79 games played, while Crosby was +3 in 77 games played.

In this year's playoffs, AO was +10 in 14 games played and Crosby is currently +6 with 14 games played.

There is the old saying that if you give a person enough rope he will hang himself. ;):)

DaveK your all over the place. Ovechkin is a strong player in both ends of the ice. You obviously

haven't watched him play much, but continue. :love::D

No, I didn't get "owned" (which is almost as lame as "pwned) because like I said the information stated was false. let's break it down...

Do the words owned like a rented mule mean anything to you?

I hate to try and bring this back to topic... but I was at the Hawks/Wings game last night and was able to stand down on the glass during warmups. I was able to get a few pictures of Toews and as soon as I find my camera cord I will upload them and attempt to share them. Although I just moved, so my cord could either be in Wisconsin or here in Michigan... but I'll get around to it as soon as I can.

I've never heard that phrase, but I have heard of BEATEN like a rented mule. Owned is a trendy term for teenagers to throw around. At 38, I feel like I'm above using such terminology.

What makes you better (or above) any other individual simply because of age? Honest question...

You never used rhetoric or slang before, even at your wise, old age of 38?

What makes you better (or above) any other individual simply because of age? Honest question...

You never used rhetoric or slang before, even at your wise, old age of 38?

pwned again. :D

I've never heard that phrase, but I have heard of BEATEN like a rented mule. Owned is a trendy term for teenagers to throw around. At 38, I feel like I'm above using such terminology.

Owned, Pwned, Beaten what's the difference. ;):D

I'm sorry, I just think 30-some year old guys acting like teenagers is pathetic. My opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so no offense taken if you disagree. I just think that everyone, no matter what age, should be able to use whatever language they decide. To say it's "pathetic" is wrong. I know as many people older than teenagers that use the term as teenagers themselves (whether they use pwn[ed], own[ed], whatever). It's all over TV and it's a part of today's culture. You don't have to use it, but to say it's wrong for someone else to because of their age is an uneducated statement. My opinion.

I just think that everyone, no matter what age, should be able to use whatever language they decide. To say it's "pathetic" is wrong. I know as many people older than teenagers that use the term as teenagers themselves (whether they use pwn[ed], own[ed], whatever). It's all over TV and it's a part of today's culture.

It is a whole new language on Twitter.

Of course I've heard that saying, not that it applies here. I would advise you to grow up and use more mature/intellectual language, but considering that your best put-down is "Skippy" I think I won't waste my time trying to save you from making a fool of yourself. You're already too far gone. ;)

He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. :)

Have I broken any rules? ;)

I don't think so. :)

If so, I would think that somebody would inform me. If that happened, I would immediately stop doing whatever it was that was breaking rules.

Good grief, if you need to argue, find your wife. We are all tired of this crap here, especially in a former players thread. Why don't you make your own "Argue with DaveK" thread.