SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Note to self... don't share any of the footage in your hockey archive with that spiteful a-hole Sioux_Hab-it. :D

And on that note, I will not continue on with this silly Randy Moss discussion. I brought his name up only to make a comparison of how a fan can stop liking a team if the team brings in a player or players that a fan despises. It is unfathomable to me how anybody can defend that POS, and I will not continue on in any debates about him. There's no question that he has a lot of athletic ability, and there's no question that he's a major locker room cancer. Nothing more needs be said about him.

Goon likes the Bruins in spite of Kessel and Wheeler... okay, I accept that. Now let's move on.

I would gladly share my hockey archive's with Sioux Hab-it or any other Sioux fan. This is a Sioux hockey forum, and if another fan wants footage I have...regardless of disagreements I may have had with them in the past, I'll still share my archives. For you to "blacklist" people because of their comments shows your ignorance. And I would share my footage for free, or for the cost of DVDs/shipping, which is much more than you did for me back in 2005 Dave, charging me $45 for 3 DVDs. Legalities of that are questionable but I wanted the games, as I'm a Sioux fan.

I would gladly share my hockey archive's with Sioux Hab-it or any other Sioux fan. This is a Sioux hockey forum, and if another fan wants footage I have...regardless of disagreements I may have had with them in the past, I'll still share my archives. For you to "blacklist" people because of their comments shows your ignorance. And I would share my footage for free, or for the cost of DVDs/shipping, which is much more than you did for me back in 2005 Dave, charging me $45 for 3 DVDs. Legalities of that are questionable but I wanted the games, as I'm a Sioux fan.

Yeah I have a few disk I have aquired from others on this board. Sioux fans are pretty helpful to the fellow fan base.

Geez, just when I gave you props. :D

So you're saying you really did hate those two individuals, and not just the team they played for, when they were in college? If so, I have a hard time understanding how you can do a total 180 just because they're wearing a different jersey now. If in fact it was the players you hated, and not just the team they played for, they are still the same guys regardless of what jersey they put on.

If they were a-holes when they wore an M on their chest, they're still a-holes when they wear a B on their chest. That's why I no longer support the Oakland Raiders. I liked them from the time I was a little kid back in the mid 70's, but when they traded for Randy Moss it was all over. I can't ever root for any team that lowlife POS plays for under any circumstances. I lost all respect for the organization because of the fact that they were willing to sell their souls by climbing into bed with that whore, and I have not watched a Raider game since.

So what is it, Goon? Did you hate Kessel and Wheeler only because they played for the Gophers or was there something about them as individuals that would have made you hate them regardless of what college team they played for? If you hated them as individuals and not just the team they played for, then it is in fact very hypocritical to stop hating them just because they're now playing for your favorite NHL team.

I think the Raider Nation is now stronger.

GO Raiders!!

Former UND goalie Jean-Philippe Lamoureux has tied the ECHL record with 12 shutouts including record 8 in the regular season for Alaska Aces

From Fiona Quick's Twitter. That is pretty impressive.

zajac wins a silver in worlds. canada loses to russia

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Zajac, Canada take silver

Although Travis Zajac and the Canadians fell to Russia 2-1 in the gold medal game today, Zajac became just the seventh former Sioux player to win a medal at the World Championship.

Since 1967, only Zajac, Jonathan Toews, Zach Parise and Mike Commodore have won medals at the Worlds.

The Russians won the tournament for the second year in a row, beating Canada both times. Ilya Kovalchuk was named the tournament's most valuable player.

Former Sioux World Championship medal winners:

Travis Zajac, Canada, silver

Jonathan Toews, Canada, silver

Jonathan Toews, Canada, gold

Mike Commodore, Canada, gold

Zach Parise, USA, bronze

Art Miller, Canada, bronze

Milton Johnson, USA, silver

Russell Johnson, USA, silver

Milton Johnson, USA, bronze

Russell Johnson, USA, bronze

capitols prospects - hf

11. Joe Finley, D, 21Acquired: 1st round, 27th overall, 2005

Finley completed his fourth season with the UND this year, and continued his solid play from the blueline. In 27 games, Finley, an assistant captain with the Fighting Sioux, scored two goals and added eight assists in 27 games. He also showed a willingness to throw his weight around to the tune of 56 PIMs.

And that weight is considerable. Finley stands out from the regular hockey crowd -- at 6'7, 240 he stands out from most crowds. In early April the Caps got the big blueliner to ink a two-year pro contract, which permitted him to get into one game with the Bears. He gave Hershey a taste of what to expect next season as, while he didn't get any goals or assists, he finished the game plus-one, and racked up seven minutes in the penalty box. Expect more big hits, physicality, and solid defensive play next year in the AHL from the tall blueliner.

Finley recently left the Bears, with the team's permission, to finish up his degree work at the University of North Dakota.

Nice Artice on Ryan Johnson now with the Canucks.

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=p...rticleid=422335

...one of the most sublime shot-blockers in the NHL...

Midway through the second period of Game 5, Johnson pancaked his body to the ice to block a Jonathan Toews shot. Rick Rypien then snagged the puck and took off down the ice followed closely by Darcy Hordichuk. A few snazzy moves by Rypien and a nice low wrist shot by Hordichuk and the Canucks were on the board.

That blocked shot was a beauty.

This season, Johnson's body redefined the word battered, so much so that he started taking pictures to remember the best battle wounds. "It has to be major," said Johnson, who can't name a color he hasn't seen in a bruise. "I've had some that have ended up swelling and bruising an entire leg or an entire arm and a picture of it is pretty cool to have." After nine games Johnson still doesn't have any from the postseason. "I'm hoping the best is yet to come," he said.

There has got to be an easier way to make a living. :D

jonny with assist on kanes goal to tie game up at 1

He's overdue when it comes to putting one in himself. I know he's been rumored to be sick or banged up a little, but he's looked very good the last couple games now. When he gets one, he'll get a bunch.

He's overdue when it comes to putting one in himself. I know he's been rumored to be sick or banged up a little, but he's looked very good the last couple games now. When he gets one, he'll get a bunch.

That would be huge if Chicago won. Good for their program to get back in the stanley cup.

goal for jonny

3-1

Beautiful feed from Toews to Patrick Sharp....6-5 Hawks. What a GAME!

I find myself conflicted. I agree that it is an offensive slug fest, but as a fan of a balanced game, this game is great on one side (offense) and atrocious on another (defense).

Kane with a hattrick.

Toews with 2 goals 1 assist.