SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

2. Alaska has a player on it that is as old as I am! :lol: Kinda makes me wonder if there is a point where playing overseas is more lucrative than an 11 year career in the minors. I think it's pretty obvious that he'll never make the NHL, but what do I know.

I think that's a testament to love of the game. Yes, I'm sure he's aware he'll never make it to the NHL (maybe still have hopes somewhere in the back of his head, but I'm sure he's become a realist), but why not get paid to play a game you've loved to play since you were a kid. I'm sure they don't get paid that great at that level, but you're still getting paid to play what you truly love to do. And he's not working a 9 to 5, 8 to 4, 7 to 3, whatever schedule the rest of us work (okay...the rest of us when it's not summer break...best part of teaching....June and July! :lol: ).

I think that's a testament to love of the game. Yes, I'm sure he's aware he'll never make it to the NHL (maybe still have hopes somewhere in the back of his head, but I'm sure he's become a realist), but why not get paid to play a game you've loved to play since you were a kid. I'm sure they don't get paid that great at that level, but you're still getting paid to play what you truly love to do. And he's not working a 9 to 5, 8 to 4, 7 to 3, whatever schedule the rest of us work (okay...the rest of us when it's not summer break...best part of teaching....June and July! :lol: ).

True enough, but don't they get paid a little better overseas compared to the ECHL or even the AHL?

Why not play a game that you love and get paid better for it?

True enough, but don't they get paid a little better overseas compared to the ECHL or even the AHL?

Why not play a game that you love and get paid better for it?

yes for the most part vs both the minor leagues you mention. unless you are a draft pick and you are in the ahl as a stepping stone to nhl obviously

http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/122389

Kozek signed by Thrashers :lol:

Didn't see it posted anywhere else.

good for him, hope he can translate to the ahl/nhl with that shot! atlanta had to give him 2 years being a 2nd round pick and see if it works out for them or not. to high of a pick to let walk and be a free agent

former sioux dave tippett fired today from dallas

tippett

I'd forgotten, until I recently watch it, that Tippet was injured and didn't play in the '82 championship game. I'd guess he'll land in another spot coaching, his record up to this year has been very good.

As good as Wisco and ND(82) were that year, it is unbelievable to watch that game and compare it to the present. Lots of racehorse up and down hockey, but constant uncalled hooking and holding by both teams.

Prp was released by the Cardiff Devils. I wish him the best.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-ho...91466-23826498/

He was top scorer on 69 points with Jay Latulippe last season. Both had committed to return for 2009-10, but Prpich has now parted company with the Elite League club.

He has been released from the club in a strong move by no-nonsense Adams who has cited an off-ice matter.

i think we all knew this was just a matter of time but right away tj has made a name for himself in st louis! nice work tj and a hell of a rookie year!

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

St. Louis Blues fans voted T.J. Oshie as their favorite player -- by a large margin.

Oshie received 72.9 percent of the votes, which was considerably ahead of runner-up Keith Tkachuk's 7.1 percent. The write-up on the St. Louis site says:

"The winner of the most popular player award shouldn't come as a shock at all. T.J. Oshie has been highly touted since he was drafted in 2005. Fans had to wait three full years to see Oshie skate as a pro, but when he arrived, he delivered. Oshie had 39 points in 57 games as a rookie and was a plus-16. Big hits and highlight-reel goals will make this 22-year-old one of the team's most popular players for years to come."

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Thrashers re-sign Rylan Kaip

Take one free agent off of the market.

The Atlanta Thrashers have re-signed former Sioux captain Rylan Kaip. Terms of the deal were not released by Atlanta.

Kaip played with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League last season, tallying three points in 42 games. He was injured at the end of the season. Although he didn't put up big numbers, he still provided some physical edge for the Wolves.

Kaip could play alongside Andrew Kozek this season. Kozek recently signed with Atlanta, too, and is expected to start his pro career in the AHL.

Hmmm... makes me wonder where Luke Johnson will be playing hockey next season?

That would be Grand Forks Central. He is transferring from RR to GFC. He is not even close to playing in the USHL this year. Look for him to spend his 10th-12th grade years in the USHL. And also look to Fargo making a trade to get his rights.