SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I was told that is an amazing steak house.

it is very good but i would put capital grille, eddie v's and mastros over it :glare: i love a great steakhouse!!

does anyone mind if we fast forward through the summer to hockey season, well its 114 today here and i know all of you are enjoying the non-cold times but wuda say? :ohmy::ohmy:

it is very good but i would put capital grille, eddie v's and mastros over it :glare: i love a great steakhouse!!

does anyone mind if we fast forward through the summer to hockey season, well its 114 today here and i know all of you are enjoying the non-cold times but wuda say? :ohmy::lol:

Jesus, I would have happy just to have a Olive Garden in Grand Forks, ND. :ohmy: You guys are lucky. Your lucky Phoenix has great places to eat.

you have old chicago's as well. Grand Forks, is not so good. The Texas Road house is fine but we don't have the fore mentioned eateries and the Mexican food in the south west is incredible.

Jesus, I would have happy just to have a Olive Garden in Grand Forks, ND. :ohmy: You guys are lucky. Your lucky Phoenix has great places to eat.

you have old chicago's as well. Grand Forks, is not so good. The Texas Road house is fine but we don't have the fore mentioned eateries and the Mexican food in the south west is incredible.

when im back i do red pepper and always beef tips at the gate for pre games and thats just fine with me!! :glare:

oh and my uncle and i always do a lavosh as well anywhere we pre game as you dont see many places here with lavosh

I didn't mind Ruth Chris at all, actually. It was very good.

But then again, Ruth Chris is pricey.

I go to Texas Roadhouse because it's more affordable.

Omaha has some great steakhouses, but you'll pay for the honor. Usually to the tune of $34-$50 for the same cut of steak (KC/NY Strip)

I didn't mind Ruth Chris at all, actually. It was very good.

But then again, Ruth Chris is pricey.

I go to Texas Roadhouse because it's more affordable.

Omaha has some great steakhouses, but you'll pay for the honor. Usually to the tune of $34-$50 for the same cut of steak (KC/NY Strip)

Exactly. Be careful what you wish for - if the people of Grand Forks would put up with snobbiness, and the prices that go along with it, the character of the entire region would have to change. Why make Grand Forks like every big city in America? Believe me (from someone who has worked in corporate headquarters in several cities), its not that great in the big city, and the $50 steaks are not really worth it, even though they do taste great.

I really miss having season tickets to Sioux hockey.

when im back i do red pepper and always beef tips at the gate for pre games and thats just fine with me!! :glare:

oh and my uncle and i always do a lavosh as well anywhere we pre game as you dont see many places here with lavosh

The Eagles Crest at Kings Walk has a pretty good taco Lavosh.

The Eagles Crest at Kings Walk has a pretty good taco Lavosh.

I don't eat anything I can't understand.

Lavosh? Seriously... I won't eat it since I have to look up what on earth that is.

Besides, what's wrong with a taco on flatbread? Or perhaps a taco gyro? :glare:

I don't eat anything I can't understand.

Lavosh? Seriously... I won't eat it since I have to look up what on earth that is.

Besides, what's wrong with a taco on flatbread? Or perhaps a taco gyro? :p

you are missing out then on some great food around the world, time to expand ???

you are missing out then on some great food around the world, time to expand ???

Having been around the world I can tell you that Lavosh is some solid food, It's a shame that Suite 49 is closed.

redwing77 said: I don't eat anything I can't understand.

Besides, what's wrong with a taco on flatbread? Or perhaps a taco gyro?

We used to get these things called Swarma

There's really nothing wrong with Ruth Chris, I just have a bias for locally owned restaurants all things considered.

Not that I do a lot of eating out but that's something we lack here in the Twin Cities, IMO. I prefer the same.

Seems Lemaire will be named coach of the NJ Devils today.

Wonder what that will mean to former college hockey players on the Dev's roster?

And goal-scorers, for that matter. ???

So they're back together again! Separated at birth? Look at the last names...is it just a cover? Lemaire or Lamoriello? Lamoriello or Lemaire? You make the call.

nhl_g_lemaire_195.jpgTDI20060208MB-22.jpg

So they're back together again! Separated at birth? Look at the last names...is it just a cover? Lemaire or Lamoriello? Lamoriello or Lemaire? You make the call.

nhl_g_lemaire_195.jpgTDI20060208MB-22.jpg

I feel bad for the Devils fans.

Yeah, that would be horrible for them if they won another Stanley Cup like the last stretch when Jacques coached in New Jersey.

I would be willing to bet that they might be hard pressed to win it all this season they lack the defensive type defenders like Stevens and Daneko. One thing is true that they will not be very exciting top watch.

I would be willing to bet that they might be hard pressed to win it all this season they lack the defensive type defenders like Stevens and Daneko. One thing is true that they will not be very exciting top watch.

Lemaire gets more out of his players than most coaches, and they had a pretty good year last year, so I would expect New Jersey to be a contender. If they get to the playoffs you never know what they could do.

Lemaire gets more out of his players than most coaches, and they had a pretty good year last year, so I would expect New Jersey to be a contender. If they get to the playoffs you never know what they could do.

Pass the Kool-Aid. ???

First off, Goon, I just got back from Israel and I ate plenty of swarma. But then again, I knew what was in it. :p

Now.... I think we should all take a moment of silence to mourn Zach Parise's offensive future with the Devils. It's dead, Jim. The Devils will now employ the same 5 D an 1 G gameplan the Mild employed for the last 9 years and enjoy a simply outstandingly mediocre regular season and be pretty much first round exits.

I pray for Zajac to require more than the Devils will allow so that the Devils employ the "walk away" option. Then Zajac can go to a team that will again value offense.

Pass the Kool-Aid. :p

First off, Goon, I just got back from Israel and I ate plenty of swarma. But then again, I knew what was in it. :D

Now.... I think we should all take a moment of silence to mourn Zach Parise's offensive future with the Devils. It's dead, Jim. The Devils will now employ the same 5 D an 1 G gameplan the Mild employed for the last 9 years and enjoy a simply outstandingly mediocre regular season and be pretty much first round exits.

I pray for Zajac to require more than the Devils will allow so that the Devils employ the "walk away" option. Then Zajac can go to a team that will again value offense.

He'd sure look nice wearing a jersey with a great big "B" on the front. ???

If you like steak, Manny's and Murray's are two places to start.

Have been to Manny's. Very good. Not one that people in my strata can make a habit of. I love to find the nice family owned neighborhood places. There are more in St. Paul than Mpls, but still not a lot, although you can definitely find Mexican.

He'd sure look nice wearing a jersey with a great big "B" on the front. ???

Some other team would have to offer Travis the Devils are interested in matching. Boston has some serious cap woes but Zajac would

look really good with the Bruins. Zajac's game hits the Bruins style, plays good both ways.