SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The moment he was grabbed he ducked his head, got hit in the helmet and went to the ground. That punch did no damage to Finley, so he didn't get rocked. 

3 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I wouldn't say rocked, looks like the punch just grazed him.

You guys think so? To me, it looks like it connected hard and stunned him and lost his balance from it. 

On 1/16/2017 at 2:39 PM, bigskyvikes said:

I wouldn't say rocked, looks like the punch just grazed him.

I would say that this is a guy that didn't want to fight. Looking at the size of the guy that challenged him, he's a tree trunk. 

16 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Was that Schmaltz' first game back with the blackhawks last night? Goal and an apple is a pretty good start if so! 

Ok, I'm feeling dumb here, apple? I've think I've heard apple used 2 or 3 times now in hockey talk, I feel like I should know what that means, I don't think I've heard it before. I'm guessing it means assist since we're talking about Schmaltz but not sure

Edited by Emerald joker

20 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Was that Schmaltz' first game back with the blackhawks last night? Goal and an apple is a pretty good start if so! 

Nope, he played in the game against the Wild on Sunday. He was scoreless and had 2 shots in that game.

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

Ok, I'm feeling dumb here, apple? I've think I've heard apple used 2 or 3 times now in hockey talk, I feel like I should know what that means, I don't think I've heard it before. I'm guessing it means assist since we're talking about Schmaltz but not sure

Yes, deep hockey lingo for assist 

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Yes, deep hockey lingo for assist 

Twig, lumber, top cheese, bar down, dangle, gong show, snipe, boostie, bagger, butter legs, cage, bird cage, celly, suck hole, killer, chirp, foil up, fishbowl, eggs in your pocket, mitts, sauce, greasey, wheels, tenny runners, clinic, jibs, flow, ski slope, hit him in the mind, riverboat gambler, speedy mcslow, banger, and apple. 

1 minute ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Twig, lumber, top cheese, bar down, dangle, gong show, snipe, boostie, bagger, butter legs, cage, bird cage, celly, suck hole, killer, chirp, foil up, fishbowl, eggs in your pocket, mitts, sauce, greasey, wheels, tenny runners, clinic, jibs, flow, ski slope, hit him in the mind, riverboat gambler, speedy mcslow, banger, and apple. 

Traditional circle of sticks. 

• Upvote 3