SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Maybe that's part of the reason they continue to miss the playoffs...

Parise would be an idiot to sign with the Wild. I know its home, and they'll throw a lot of money at him, but if he ever dreams of winning a Stanley cup he can't come home just yet. The same can be said for Suter....

• Upvote 3

Not pleased by this. I wish he had signed with a team that actually had a decent future ahead of them, and one willing to give him a chance. Last year Chay was the best defenseman on the Aeros yet he only got called up for one game (which he was one of the best players on the ice).

Its tough to call myself a wild fan when they'd rather bring up a higher drafted player, than a player that is producing for them in the minors.....

What makes you say he was the best d in Houston? He was one of the worst here.

Not calling Genoway a lock down defenseman by any means...but he was the leading scorer among defensemen for the Aeros by a huge margin and had the best +/- of the d-men on the team.

• Upvote 1

You really do enjoy making ignorant comments don't you? You probably didn't even know Genoway played for Houston. That is the only logical answer if you say he was the worst there.

• Upvote 1

Did you hit your head?

The point is that when the Wild were looking for offense from the blue line, they called up some other D-man from Houston that produced less than Chay did. I think that is the part that made no sense to me. But in looking back at the Wild's pattern in calling up players this year, players that played in Houston prior to this year got the nod over newbies. Hopefully Chay will get more of a chance this year.

Not calling Genoway a lock down defenseman by any means...but he was the leading scorer among defensemen for the Aeros by a huge margin and had the best +/- of the d-men on the team.

-1 for the season and -4 for the playoffs. When a d has 36/37 points he should not be even close to being a minus.

Did you hit your head?

The point is that when the Wild were looking for offense from the blue line, they called up some other D-man from Houston that produced less than Chay did. I think that is the part that made no sense to me. But in looking back at the Wild's pattern in calling up players this year, players that played in Houston prior to this year got the nod over newbies. Hopefully Chay will get more of a chance this year.

Did you hit your head? He was always a big minus when he was here and the other d did not even want to be paired with him. He would get caught playing forward coughing up the 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1 and the d who was back got blamed by Hak for letting in the goal.

You really do enjoy making ignorant comments don't you? You probably didn't even know Genoway played for Houston. That is the only logical answer if you say he was the worst there.

I knew he was in Houston with the Aeros. I also probably have been following UND hockey longer than you and most of the posters here for that matter. Were you in Detroit in '87 like I was? Did you see 40 of the 48 games played that year? Didn't think so.

Where did I say he was the worst there? You should really work on your reading skills.

I knew he was in Houston with the Aeros. I also probably have been following UND hockey longer than you and most of the posters here for that matter. Were you in Detroit in '87 like I was? Did you see 40 of the 48 games played that year? Didn't think so.

So you are an oldie who enjoys acting like an ***hole on the internet? Congratulations! You deserve a cookie!

This confirms that some people don't mature with age.

• Upvote 2

-1 for the season and -4 for the playoffs. When a d has 36/37 points he should not be even close to being a minus.

when a team is outscored by 16 goals even strength plus shorties allowed, most of the guys on the team are going to be a minus which was certainly the case with Houston. As I said, Genoway was one of the top defensemen(of those who played significant games) in plus/minus.

So you are an oldie who enjoys acting like an ***hole on the internet? Congratulations!

This confirms that some people don't mature with age.

I'm the ahole? Did I call you ignorant as you did me? Congratulations for being an ahole with nothing better to come back with.

Chay Genoway's +/- numbers while at UND:

2010-2011: +12 (11th on team, 5th for Defense)

2009-2010: +2 (only played 9 games)

2008-2009: +5 (T-5th on team, 3rd for Defense)

2007-2008: +16 (3rd on team, 2nd for Defense)

2006-2007: +13 (4th on team, 2nd for Defense)

He was never a minus, and was a collective +48 in his career at UND. Crow is on your left.

Source please.

Were you in Detroit in '87 like I was? Did you see 40 of the 48 games played that year? Didn't think so.

Yes and Yes, plus 9 or 10 more FF's since and I agree with him that you make ignorant comments.

• Upvote 3

Yep. Was there in 87, would have to count the games I was at(all home games, couple roadtrips....little blurry, was in college then). Columbus, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Denver, St. Paul....what was your point? I know several people who have seen alot of hockey games over the years that don't know !@#$ about the game and before you get all riled up I don't put you in that category. from what I have gathered from your posts I think you obviously do know alot about the Sioux and the game, you just seem to have a few guys you don't like for some reason and will try and twist things to fit your agenda on them.

I'm the ahole? Did I call you ignorant as you did me? Congratulations for being an ahole with nothing better to come back with.

Funny that the name Lomackman disappeared before the name watchmaker49 came about. Might be wrong, but it seems quite coincidental that both post with an in-your-face attitude.

• Upvote 1