SiouxSports.com Forum
Frozen4sioux

University of North Dakota Hockey 2017-18 Season

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

English, please, stoney "gfhockey" SIOUX.

MM, I get it, you're not up on the lingo of the kids, these days:

pwning noobs

The act of totally and utterly defeating new players in a game, usually a video-game. To beat a new player so badly that that person no longer wants to participate in playing that particular game, for fear of being pwned again.
"I was totally pwning noobs last night online on Call of Duty 4"

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

English, please, stoney "gfhockey" SIOUX.

Same here. Looked like phone spelling to me. Just in case it wasn't I tried to say it in my best Porky Pig but still couldn't decipher it. Now we know it was apparently spelled right

• Upvote 1

Get set for #1 vs #2 hockey this weekend as UND goes to Denver...question is, who will be #1 in the polls?

I know, I know, polls don’t really matter and Pairwise is all that counts (and it’s too early for that anyway) but for fans of this rivalry like me, it adds more electricity to a great series.

it should be a great test for the boys, particularly the freshman and Thome in net if Cam’s not ready. 

Got to meet Coach Berry today as my peewee team played his sons and Dane Jackson sons team. What a class act. We lost 4-3 but he congratulated us coaches afterwards and said it’s nice to see coaches with passion for the game. Told him thanks and good luck in Denver. Just a great guy. UND is lucky to have him

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

Get set for #1 vs #2 hockey this weekend as UND goes to Denver...question is, who will be #1 in the polls?

I know, I know, polls don’t really matter and Pairwise is all that counts (and it’s too early for that anyway) but for fans of this rivalry like me, it adds more electricity to a great series.

it should be a great test for the boys, particularly the freshman and Thome in net if Cam’s not ready. 

Cornell is undefeated so I expect them to be #1.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Got to meet Coach Berry today as my peewee team played his sons and Dane Jackson sons team. What a class act. We lost 4-3 but he congratulated us coaches afterwards and said it’s nice to see coaches with passion for the game. Told him thanks and good luck in Denver. Just a great guy. UND is lucky to have him

I have had the pleasure to visit with Coach Berry a couple of times myself. I couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

I have had the pleasure to visit with Coach Berry a couple of times myself. I couldn't agree more.

Very approachable. I don't think there is a mean bone in his body. Could talk to him over beers all night long.

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Grant Mismash is the NCHC rookie of the week for the third time in five weeks. Mismash leads UND in scoring with 11 points in 11 games.

Thats almost a point per game average. Nice! 

Finishing with 44 points would fit nicely as a freshman!

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

He turned the corner pretty quick. Playing now like most expected he could. 

18 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Grant Mismash is the NCHC rookie of the week for the third time in five weeks. Mismash leads UND in scoring with 11 points in 11 games.

This kid has blown me away. So much for the idea of him not being "elite". Flat out stud. 

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

That would be a point per game unless I’m missing something 

• Upvote 1