SiouxSports.com Forum

WEST Regional (fargo) - UMD/OSU ~~ BU/UND

AZSIOUX

6 hours ago, FSSD said:

Here is a direct quote from the VOX of Bull pups... rationalizing why Pionk was not kicked out of the game.  As he saw it - Pionk just lost his balance.

(Frankly, wouldn't have been mad if Pionk had been tossed for it, but right before the hit, it looks like he loses his balance a bit, as if he were trying to stop and couldn't. Weird sequence looking at the clip, and it was probably enough to keep him in the game.)

Uhh, he lowered the boom, believe me w/o a doubt.

They could probably make fifty grand selling distribution rights for the Regional too...Lets see...Distributor cost is 25 cents a beer..sold for say $8 per...I'm sure that distributor would gladly pay the NCAA $2 per...Sell 25,000 beers over the weekend...NCAA makes $50k, distributor makes $143,750 (pre other expenses)

1 hour ago, GDPritch said:

Point made, they're hypocritical.  Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  

Yeah, a couple years ago Pontiac was the main sponsor of the NCAA men's hoops tourney...Now, who in the hell was Pontiac?  Hmmm.

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I declare the west regional is the biggest, most prestigious  & most fun sporting event in Fargo in 2017.

The Fargo tv media claimed last time it was in town it was the biggest sporting event the city had ever had.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

The Fargo tv media claimed last time it was in town it was the biggest sporting event the city had ever had.

Per mcfeely it will be about the 10th-20th biggest event in Fargo this year. Just look at the tv ratings. Und bball on tbs was bigger than this And so is every ndsu football game lol.

38 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Per mcfeely it will be about the 10th-20th biggest event in Fargo this year. Just look at the tv ratings. Und bball on tbs was bigger than this And so is every ndsu football game lol.

Per DaveK it was the last time the gophers' bus went through on the way to GF.   It stopped at a Holiday station so the players could all pee.    Nerves. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FSSD said:

Here is a direct quote from the VOX of Bull pups... rationalizing why Pionk was not kicked out of the game.  As he saw it - Pionk just lost his balance.

"Lost his balance" ... and just happened to lower his shoulder and land it in the middle of the goalie's chest? Yeah-right. 

Let's measure Ciskie's statement ... and as expected ... 

418d260a2bc3.gif

14 hours ago, njdev9 said:

Go my tickets through Ohio St.   Billed to my account, said would be ava at will call.   Went to scheels arena said each school handles there own , with a table set up.  They could not tell me when or anything.  Called ohio st ticket office,  they did not know either.   lol lol 

My advice: Print this. Pin to shirt. Walk to their table. Smile. Get your stubs. Proceed to nearest trash receptacle and dispose of thing pinned to shirt. ;) 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, a couple years ago Pontiac was the main sponsor of the NCAA men's hoops tourney...Now, who in the hell was Pontiac?  Hmmm.

They blow that away this year. Frozen Four: United Center, home of the Chicago NHL franchise. 

For those that have been in the Madhouse on Madison, you know what I'm getting at. (There may be an image or two in there.) 

8 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I declare the west regional is the biggest, most prestigious  & most fun sporting event in Fargo in 2017.

Fargo has other sporting events? I mean, I think there are some bean bag tournaments during the spring and summer, but I think that is about it.

16 hours ago, FSSD said:

(Frankly, wouldn't have been mad if Pionk had been tossed for it, but right before the hit, it looks like he loses his balance a bit, as if he were trying to stop and couldn't. Weird sequence looking at the clip, and it was probably enough to keep him in the game.)

Can't stand Ciskie.  Trying to rationalize a goon making a goon play isn't worth the oxygen or ink.  If he knew anything about hockey he'd know that his team gets away with loads of obstruction crap and then they blow up (Tonninato) when it gets called.  They make up for it though with a unique diving ability.

Sad part is they are loaded with talent, and probably have the deepest team in the country. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Can't stand Ciskie.  Trying to rationalize a goon making a goon play isn't worth the oxygen or ink.  If he knew anything about hockey he'd know that his team gets away with loads of obstruction crap and then they blow up (Tonninato) when it gets called.  They make up for it though with a unique diving ability.

Sad part is they are loaded with talent, and probably have the deepest team in the country. 

Credit to them for that though. I remember when the Bulldogs were mediocre for several years. I always considered that a series we should sweep every year. They have really developed their program, and brought in some talent. Only thing I can't figure out is why kids want to play in front of a fairly empty stadium. I just don't get how in a city the size of Duluth, with a competitive team, and a new arena, in Northern Minnesota, the arena isn't consistently packed.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interference and holding has become such an integral part of this team's program,  I doubt they know how to play straight up with the talent they have.  Have to go back to Denver's back to back natty's when they played the same type of game, especially during their first.  Hope the referees are up on this when the tourney begins, rather than "renewed emphasis" when it's over.

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My thoughts exactly and Ciskie fits the bill of the players mentality as well. Must be in the water up there.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Credit to them for that though. I remember when the Bulldogs were mediocre for several years. I always considered that a series we should sweep every year. They have really developed their program, and brought in some talent. Only thing I can't figure out is why kids want to play in front of a fairly empty stadium. I just don't get how in a city the size of Duluth, with a competitive team, and a new arena, in Northern Minnesota, the arena isn't consistently packed.

The series at Amsoil this year, with it being #1 vs #2, was not a great crowd. It's sad.  Same can be said about the Gophers series too.

Why can't I find the open practice times schedule now that I'm looking for it? 

< gaaahhh > 

EDIT: Nevermind ... 

Team Practices Open to Public: Thursday, March 23
BU: 11:30AM-12:30PM
UND: 12:45-1:45PM
UMD: 2-3PM
OSU: 3:15-4:15PM

http://scheelsarena.com/ncaa-west-regional-information/

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

"Oxygen Thief" alert :lol: