SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yup, read it as he's chomping at the bit to see some action and "earn the #1 spot".

Maybe Berry dressing him as 2nd goalie in Omaha is a step towards a game against Miami?

Probably not, but who knows.

I certainly think it is. Maybe not against Miami, but sometime. He's inching past Rinks, now. Gotta start somewhere. 

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I certainly think it is. Maybe not against Miami, but sometime. He's inching past Rinks, now. Gotta start somewhere. 

Yeah I think WJC games showed the coaching staff a lot. Heavily outmatched Slovakian team and he made some impressive saves.

Maybe @ CC? I honestly think an away game would be better, way less pressure.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yeah I think WJC games showed the coaching staff a lot. Heavily outmatched Slovakian team and he made some impressive saves.

Yup. Spot on.

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Idk Miami swept SCSU, no ones gonna be easy but I'd rather he starts away from the Ralph. Many a UND goalie have said how hard it is to play at home. For a "rookie", I have to imagine that's amplified x100.

I'm sure you are right on that.

47 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Idk Miami swept SCSU, no ones gonna be easy but I'd rather he starts away from the Ralph. Many a UND goalie have said how hard it is to play at home. For a "rookie", I have to imagine that's amplified x100.

Idk. I've heard the whole thing about how hard it is to play at home, but Tomek did play WJC's. I saw both his games there, but didn't pay attention to the crowd. I guess my point is he's played on a big stage already, so his nerves might be more calm? 

(Full disclosure: I have no idea if this is the case. I am merely playing devil's advocate :))

I remember last year when we had to go to Hrynkiw and Stecher said after the season that before Hrynkiw's first game at the Ralph, the D-men had a meeting where the coaches told them "Do whatever you have to do to block everything going towards the net..." So maybe starting a different goalie will just motivate everyone to be better... You never know...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Idk. I've heard the whole thing about how hard it is to play at home, but Tomek did play WJC's. I saw both his games there, but didn't pay attention to the crowd. I guess my point is he's played on a big stage already, so his nerves might be more calm? 

(Full disclosure: I have no idea if this is the case. I am merely playing devil's advocate :))

I remember last year when we had to go to Hrynkiw and Stecher said after the season that before Hrynkiw's first game at the Ralph, the D-men had a meeting where the coaches told them "Do whatever you have to do to block everything going towards the net..." So maybe starting a different goalie will just motivate everyone to be better... You never know...

I'm sure you're right about that.   :D

8 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

He's a 4 year kid. 

You never know. I'd say three at least. If he lights it up this year, maybe the Capitals put some pressure on him. It would be interesting to see what the Capitals think of him. If he comes back for a third season and continues a really torrid pace. Just don't know. 

3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

They sure didn't do whatever they could to block all the shots in Cam's 1st start in the Ralph :D

17 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Good point.

Another thing to consider; How close is Cam to the consecutive starts streak?  I don't think you see another goalie start until he owns the new record.

2 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Good point.

Another thing to consider; How close is Cam to the consecutive starts streak?  I don't think you see another goalie start until he owns the new record.

Cam's next start on Friday will be his 53rd consecutive start in a row. 

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

Cam's next start on Friday will be his 53rd consecutive start in a row. 

"Johnson is seven starts away from tying Jean-Philippe Lamoureux's school record for most consecutive starts at 55".

"If Johnson starts the next seven games, he will tie the record Saturday, Jan. 21 against Minnesota Duluth. He would have an opportunity to break the record the following week in Colorado Springs, Colo."

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4186354-gersich-poolman-leading-und-hockey-through-seasons-first-half

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

"Johnson is seven starts away from tying Jean-Philippe Lamoureux's school record for most consecutive starts at 55".

"If Johnson starts the next seven games, he will tie the record Saturday, Jan. 21 against Minnesota Duluth. He would have an opportunity to break the record the following week in Colorado Springs, Colo."

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4186354-gersich-poolman-leading-und-hockey-through-seasons-first-half

My number is straight from Jayson's game notes.