SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Gone?

WiSioux

It would not suprise me if Eidsness would come in at the semester break. They really need to get another goalie in here and one that will be playing a lot in the future, not just a practice goalie. Otherwise, you will need to bring in Eidsness and another freshman next season which means starting out with no college experience in the net and a very young defense (assumes Chorney and Finley leave). Not a good recipe for success early in the season.

If Eidsness comes in at semester break, he will get a half year in without a lot of pressure and should be able to get a few starts. He will also be able to get his first NCAA championship. :D

There is no question that the Sioux have to get another goalie this season, you can't get by with only two. An injury to JPL and the season would likely be lost, this is not a shot at Walski but he is a junior and hasn't really played. Just don't know that he would be the guy you would want to go with if JPL got hurt. If they bring in a "practice goalie" then that tells me the coaches have a lot of faith in Walski and he will probably be one of the two goalies to lead the team next year.

If the coaches feel that Eidsness is ready and he is willing to come at semester break then, IMO, that would be the best solution. Then hit the recruiting trails to bring in another goalie for next year.

Goaltending is the most important position on the team. Other than JPL we now have no one that has even started a game at this level.

Just a thought, but why pull a kid out of juniors if he needs the playing time to get ready for next season?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Walski is the best goalie in practice....I think he's just as good or better as JPL and look forward to him suiting up.

Well I heard that Diggler is the best goalie in practice. Clearly, someone's head needs to roll over Grieco making the decision to leave school. Fire Hakstol now!

The bottom line is AG is now gone and it doesn't matter why or how.

I think from the little that we saw of him last year, he showed very good skills and had a bright future for our club.

We were set up for the next 5 years with ........ Lammy 07-08 - Grieco 08-10 - Eidsness 09 - 12

Now there seems to be a part missing for the balance of this year and perhaps next.

I wish Walski all of the best in relief of Lammy or whomever the staff may bring in.

If anyone is to fault it is Greico. What kind of situation did he think he was coming into. He is a sophomore that had limited duty partly to an injury last year. There is a kid in front of him that is a proven senior. Our club has not had any slack games this year aside from Manitoba (he played) and maybe Northeastern. Phil was the man that night as he only played the two periods the night before. His time was coming, but he seemed to be whining about not getting in up to this point.

UND likes character guys. What kind of character did this kid have if he left under the current circumstances.

Good Ridance and thanks for leaving us with only two tenders!

If anyone is to fault it is Greico. What kind of situation did he think he was coming into. He is a sophomore that had limited duty partly to an injury last year. There is a kid in front of him that is a proven senior. Our club has not had any slack games this year aside from Manitoba (he played) and maybe Northeastern. Phil was the man that night as he only played the two periods the night before. His time was coming, but he seemed to be whining about not getting in up to this point.

UND likes character guys. What kind of character did this kid have if he left under the current circumstances.

Good Ridance and thanks for leaving us with only two tenders!

Totally agree. Too much "me" plus his father's influence/opinion in this equation equals AG gone.

I don't quite get this idea that we must have 3 goalies. My understanding is that it does make practices a little easier, but one of them sits in the stands every game and the other rides the pine. I'd have a back up plan ready to go IF JPL or Walski got injured, but I don't like losing a year of eligibility on a kid for a semester of practice.

I thought I remember Blais commenting on how 3 goalies was perfect for practice, but wasn't there a time when he only had 2? Or did he possibly have 4? Or am I making this whole last part up?

What about a guy like Aaron Rock to come in at the semester break? He's an '87, has pretty decent stats (looks like he was injured last year? anyone?) and is uncommitted to a school...any chance of bringing in a guy like this? If not Rock, then someone in a similar situation...last year of juniors, not committed....seems like this guy fits the bill pretty nicely.