SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Gone?

WiSioux

I just got woken up by a friend's text message. They were studying in Walsh with a hockey player who says that Grieco quit that team. Also mentioned that Frattin will be out a week. Nothing official and no link, but if true could make for an interesting situtation...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Interesting.

I wonder what his reasoning was? He may not get too much playing time this year, but I'm guessing he would have started a game against MSUM, UAA, etc. And then next year he would have challenged for the starter role with Eidsness and Walski.

Too bad about Frattin. I'm assuming that he suffered an injury in the CC series? Hopefully he's just out for the UW series. It will give both Radke and Forney a chance to be in the lineup I guess.

As far as Frattin, I thought there was a point in the Saturday game where it looked like someone landed on his leg and then he put little pressure on it going back to the bench and went down the hallway towards the lockerroom. However after pointing this out to my friends, he came back and played like five minutes later...

that sucks if it is true about grieco. not many teams go through an entire season with two goalies. what happens if walski or jpl get hurt? how does a college roster work, is it set once the season starts, or can you pick up a player during the season in a situation like this? i know we didn't add anybody when bishop left, but we didn't need anyone, and where do you find a sevicable wcha goalie now?? he must not have had much confidence that he would beat out eidsness for the starting spot next year.

As of today he is no longer with the team. He will be heading to the OHL to continue his career. Best of luck to him and wherever he ends up Im sure he'll be of some help.

we need an other goalie. i wonder who we will get? i figured phil would play 90% of the games anyways so this should be interesting on who comes in to battle next year

someone posted that it wasnt about playing time, so what were the issues? academic problems would seem to be the only other logical thing. i have absolutely no inside info on this, but i would put some good money that it had a good deal to do with playing time. is there going to be an official release on why, or will we all be left to speculate?

Diggler, you mentioned that if UND needed a goalies right now they could get one. Who are you referring to? on the other hand, although Walski has been around for his whole career, kinda hanging around in the back of everyone's mind, would they give him the 2nd spot on the goalie rotation? can they go ahead and bring in Eidness?

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically, I was just saying that UND could add a goalie right now if they wanted to. They could pull some schlub out of the stands and he could be on the team tomorrow. I have no idea if they are looking at adding a goalie or not.

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically, I was just saying that UND could add a goalie right now if they wanted to. They could pull some schlub out of the stands and he could be on the team tomorrow. I have no idea if they are looking at adding a goalie or not.

If I move back up there, will they take me? I can skate forward and stand still on skates, and I fall pretty well lol. that may be all I need to make it!

The Gophers actually did that with my Brother-in-law... :D

sarcasm or not? lol. that would be cool, but then agian, it would go to show their desperation.

but in all seriousness, are we able to pull Eidness out and bring him in now? Who would we get in? Any idea anyone?