SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Gone?

WiSioux

Most Sioux fans are also Devils fans for that same reason. I'm worried about the future of the NHL, particularly in New Jersey. They just opened a new arena there and the announced attendance at a game last week was just over 14,000. According to announcers, actual attendance was more along the lines of 10,000. That's not good at all.

Back on topic, good luck to Grieco! :D

Yeah, I like the Devils as well. Like I said earlier about AG, he's gone, good luck, now on with the season. That should be enough said about the topic.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it sad in your "grand scheme" of things that you feel obligated to cut someone down(who you DON'T KNOW) that actually wore a Sioux jersey. Actually, a lot of people cared that he helped out the program...he was awarded a plaque at the end of the season for dedication of his time. And Blais made several comments about what a stand up guy he was/is. Don't cheapen what he did. ;)

You should start taking some of your own advice, especially when it comes to people that YOU DON'T KNOW.

I find it sad in your "grand scheme" of things that you feel obligated to cut someone down(who you DON'T KNOW) that actually wore a Sioux jersey. Actually, a lot of people cared that he helped out the program...he was awarded a plaque at the end of the season for dedication of his time. And Blais made several comments about what a stand up guy he was/is. Don't cheapen what he did. ;)

Gets back to being committed to the team and not yourself. Also speaks of integrity and character. Some people have it and some don't...AG?? All I know is AG is not with the TEAM!

Billy_Madison.jpg

PCM: There's no way REO Speedwagon was better than Styx!

MafiaMan: You've got to be kidding me, PCM! 'Take it on the Run' is the best power ballad ever!

Now you're talking an area where I actually have some experience. :D

When I was a professional media jackal, I covered a Styx concert (Paradise Theater tour) and an REO Speedwagon concert. I did a phone interview with Dennis DeYoung and I was supposed to do an after-concert interview with REO Speedwagon, but they they blew it off. So based on that, I'd have to say that Styx is better. ;)

Billy_Madison.jpg

PCM: There's no way REO Speedwagon was better than Styx!

MafiaMan: You've got to be kidding me, PCM! 'Take it on the Run' is the best power ballad ever!

Me, I'll take Firefall (Just Remember I Love You, You Are The Woman) Orleans (Still The One) and Redbone (Come And Get Your Love) . . . can't go wrong with the Doobies either.

Styx and REO were very good in concert. So was Frampton and Supertramp.

Me, I'll take Firefall (Just Remember I Love You, You Are The Woman) Orleans (Still The One) and Redbone (Come And Get our Love) . . . can't go wrong with the Doobies either.

Wow. I like all those songs! And the Doobies! :D

you don't even know what you're talking about. this is taylor oshie and i lived with those guys, and none of that is true. tj and his gf weren't even together anyway.

Atta boy Taylor. It's good to see you stick up for your brother, and set the story straight. Brothers stick together. Hope we see you in a Sioux jersey too someday.

Me, I'll take Firefall (Just Remember I Love You, You Are The Woman) Orleans (Still The One) and Redbone (Come And Get Your Love) . . . can't go wrong with the Doobies either.

Styx and REO were very good in concert. So was Frampton and Supertramp.

Wow! Eight-track memories...just dial 1-800-Upper-Deck. Call now! Operators are standing by!

I'm sensing a generation gap alert here. My favorite concert memories begin with Bulletboys, Winger, and Cinderella (Grand Forks, summer of 1989). Cue DaveK.

Atta boy Taylor. It's good to see you stick up for your brother, and set the story straight. Brothers stick together. Hope we see you in a Sioux jersey too someday.

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle the feathers on the board. Just passing some info on that I confirmed from TWO separate "In the Know" sources. Once again, sorry, I didn't mean to degrade anyone, just heard the news, had a few of the HUGE beers at Boston's, and didn't quite think straight when I put that up. Sorry.

Cue DaveK.

I figured that DaveK would've chimed in by now. It's just unnatural that he hasn't. ;)

In college, I covered a Black Oak Arkansas concert for the school paper. Interviewing Jim "Dandy" Mangrum and Ruby Star ("Go Jim Dandy! Go Jim Dandy!") was a hoot.

My favorite concert incident occurred when I shot photos at Olivia Newton-John's first concert in the U.S. "Let Me Be There" had just begun to climb the charts. She was wearing jeans and a rather billowy blouse. I was kneeling at the edge of the stage shooting pictures when she came right up to where I was while singing. I was focused on her face through the viewfinder when I heard the crowd laugh and cheer. Then I saw her wagging her finger at me. She winked and smiled as she backed away. I had no idea what happened.

Later, a friend told me that when Olivia came up to the edge of the stage, her blouse billowed out, and from the audience, it looked as if I was shooting right up her shirt. I had no idea. :D

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle the feathers on the board. Just passing some info on that I confirmed from TWO separate "In the Know" sources. Once again, sorry, I didn't mean to degrade anyone, just heard the news, had a few of the HUGE beers at Boston's, and didn't quite think straight when I put that up. Sorry.

Probably not the forum to post this sort of info. Without names, etc, it doesn't really hold a lot of credibility. Hopefully the sleuths over at the Herald don't try to dig deeper. This sort of stuff is more National Enquirer material.

Wow! Eight-track memories...just dial 1-800-Upper-Deck. Call now! Operators are standing by!

I'm sensing a generation gap alert here. My favorite concert memories begin with Bulletboys, Winger, and Cinderella (Grand Forks, summer of 1989). Cue DaveK.

Yepp, a definite generation gap here. The first concert I went to was 'NSync in the Fargodome when I was probably 12 or 13, my mom got free tickets off the radio ;):D

Yepp, a definite generation gap here. The first concert I went to was 'NSync in the Fargodome when I was probably 12 or 13, my mom got free tickets off the radio ;):D

You know there are just some things that you shouldn't share. This would be one of those things.

I was at the 'Slop that night. Gypsy Road take, take me home!

Oh no . . . whippersnaper. I had older cousins who introduced me to the likes of Ambrosia, ELO, etc. I grew up wanting to be a metal god guitar player. I went to Ratt (Hyslop and Showlander Pavillion), Warrant, Poison, Winger, Cinderella, Trixter, Firehouse, Bon Jovi, Crue (Winnipeg a few times), Monsters of Rock, Metallica (Hyslop), Ozzy, Kiss, DL Roth and some more . . . memories are a little hazy.

I still listen to the 70's and 80's music on the 8 track . . . and those new fangled cassettes.