SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Berry

crosby_87

Article on Dane Jackson and his pursuit of coaching jobs at UND and in the AHL:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...360/1007/SPORTS

"He walked into a terrible situation, as tough a situation as anyone ever walked into, and he did a great job," Melrose said. "I loved him. He was a take-charge guy right from the start. With his mindset and hunger, he'll only get better."

The Sabres will have several highly advertised, can't-miss NHLers in Rochester this season, starting with right winger Drew Stafford and center Marek Zagrapan (assuming he signs). Both were first-round draft picks.

Jackson was a mentor to the Sabres prospects when he played for the Amerks and enjoys teaching.

"I find it real rewarding when you see younger guys grasp things and come along," Jackson said.

nice of them to mention stafford......:D

• 9 years later...
40 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Sooooooo.....

When the season is over with our 8th national championship and the MN Wild make Brad Berry an offer that he can't refuse, do we expect Dane Jackson to be the next UND head coach :);) :lol:

FYP

IMO, this is the only way I wouldn't be upset if he left ha.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

FYP

IMO, this is the only way I wouldn't be upset if he left ha.

Haha, I actually almost wrote it that way too. It would also be a wonderful bit to torture the Gopher faithful with. Not only is their coach not as great as many like to believe but UND is now sending 2 head coaches to the pros and one to MN! 

That being said, I'd rather see him win it all and bring multiple titles back. Hopefully Berry sticks around for quite a while.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Sooooooo.....

When the season is over and the MN Wild make Brad Berry an offer that he can't refuse, do we expect Dane Jackson to be the next UND head coach :);) :lol:

Of course things might change, but Berry has expressed that he is at a stage where he is completely happy where he is at because he has seen how unstable things are in the NHL.  Who knows what he would do confronted with an offer like Hakstol got though. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fetch said:

So is the question would u trade Berry for a Natty ?

Natty and what--5 years of 10-15 win hockey?   If you are trading a natty and 5 years of bad hockey for no natty but 6 years in the NCAA and several FF appearances, no trade.  That's 5 years of weekends of having no reason to want to watch them play in exchange for bragging rights for one series.  I like my hockey more than I covet bragging rights.

Now if you are trading for a natty and 5 or 6 other very good years where you were in the mix but just fell short, yes, make the trade.   I'd tread Jerry York for that. 

Yeah, I know; don't help wake the sleeping giant, but it's only Tuesday and we need some fun around here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously guys ... everyone needs to relax. I started this, purely joking, about who was going to be the coach next year....since obviously Chuck Fletcher is going to hand the job to Bubs with an offer he can't turn down. Then we can further mock the gopher fans about how great UND is and what a joke The Don is.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Seriously guys ... everyone needs to relax. I started this, purely joking, about who was going to be the coach next year....since obviously Chuck Fletcher is going to hand the job to Bubs with an offer he can't turn down. Then we can further mock the gopher fans about how great UND is and what a joke The Don is.

Agreed.

So much important hockey to talk about right now. Let's go with that :)