SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Berry

crosby_87

He ain't as tough as he used to be.....I think Dagies can take him. ;)

But he now carries a gun. And can probably still run faster in skates across concrete than dagies can run in gym shoes on land.

Thanks, Rick, I used to do a few things in Walsh Hall with those boys in the early 70's also. Maybe I know you. Hank, Cruiser, and Gaspo were usually roaming the halls somewhere.

But he now carries a gun. And can probably still run faster in skates across concrete than dagies can run in gym shoes on land.

That doesn't scare Dagies.

Let me speak for Dagies here....he says, "bring him on....give me your best shot Archie......your mama wears combat boots....you're washed up Archie....you're a has-been....Dagies is the new sheriff in town....I pack some heat of my own Archie."

(Remember Archie, this is Dagies talking, I know where he lives and works if you'd like his contact info) ;)

I figured for sure that the Sioux hockey team would nab one of the posters from this site to fill the void left by Coach Berry behind the bench...since there are so many experts on this board with regard to the game of hockey. :lol:;)

Thanks, Rick, I used to do a few things in Walsh Hall with those boys in the early 70's also. Maybe I know you. Hank, Cruiser, and Gaspo were usually roaming the halls somewhere.

Haven't heard anything on Cruiser for quite a while. I was to Toronto several years ago and Rick Clubbe picked me up at my hotel and we went out on the town. Clubby stays in touch with Cruiser. If you knew these guys, you probably knew Roger Lamoureax also. He came through Alex a couple years ago and stopped by. He's still living in Calgary. He has two sons (Cam and Greg) who are very good hockey players. The oldest one is a Junior (I think) in high school and Roger is hoping they'll be able to play for the Sioux some day. If you do a Google search you can probably find them. The older one played for the AAA Calgary Buffalo Midgets last year and was drafted by the Saskatoon Blades Major Junior team. He has to decide whether he's going MJ or college. The younger one played for the AAA Buffalo Bantam Rangers last year. He has great wheels and really lights it up. I think he was their captain.

Hmmmmmmm, Sprig, Rick...raising he77 in Walsh Hall in the early 70s? I was an RA there and then. What an experience!

With that kind of stuff on your resume I'm sure the AD would love to talk to either of you for the coaching opening. ;)

Sure, Clubbe. Lamoreau and Beak. Tried to get in touch with Cruiser years ago when we went through Dauphin on the way to a nearby lake. Talked to his mom, I think, who said he was out in the gare-aahge working on some equipment, apparently he was back home farming (I told her I bet he was out having a nap on the Chesterfield ;) . Still have the Walsh Hall #14 jersey that he wanted to trade me for, he was going to give me a Canadian junior hockey coat that he had; no idea why I didn't trade, he could have the jersey for nothing now if I could find him. Guess it wouldn't fit him any better than it does me now :lol: If you can get an address for him, let me know, and I'll surprise him with this old jersey.

Sioux coaches, I'm sure, are paying attention to the Lamoureau boys (the other Lamoureux, Roger). Can't let them escape to major junior. Roger was certainly very good player on a less than good Bjorkman team.

Hmmmmmmm, Sprig, Rick...raising he77 in Walsh Hall in the early 70s? I was an RA there and then. What an experience!

With that kind of stuff on your resume I'm sure the AD would love to talk to either of you for the coaching opening. ;)

Probably know you to, as the RA's were constantly catching us doing something on third floor west (last suite on the south side). Got in trouble more than once with Gracie in the next door girl's dorm (Squires). One of the suite mates is now a Montana doctor (also worked in the Walsh office), so you no doubt know him. Trying to connect the handle mikejm with an RA?

Walsh Hall alum, 1984-1986.

Actually, I never lived in a dorm. Although I was at Squires quite a bit. Hank's official room was in Walsh, but probably spent just as many nights in Squires. :-)

Ever wonder why the Sioux defense is known for its muscle? Look at these professional stats for Brad Berry:

After graduating from the University of North Dakota and three seasons with the Fighting Sioux, Berry played 241 games in the National Hockey League with the Winnipeg Jets, Minnesota North Stars, and Dallas Stars from 1986-1994. In that time, he collected four goals and 28 assists for 32 points and 323 penalty minutes. He also played in 13 Stanley Cup playoff games where he collected an assist and 16 penalty minutes.

Berry also appeared in 404 games in the International Hockey League with Kalamazoo and Michigan from 1991 until his retirement following the 1999 season. He scored 23 goals and 77 assists for 100 points and 538 penalty minutes in the IHL. He also played in 21 Turner Cup playoff games where he scored two goals and five assists for seven points and 22 penalty minutes. In the American Hockey League, Berry played in 86 games with the Moncton Hawks where he scored five goals and 28 assists for 33 points and 111 penalty minutes.

Berry was originally drafted by the Winnipeg Jets with their second round choice, 29th overall, in the 1983 NHL Entry Draft.

Gotta love a guy who recognizes his own strengths! ;)

I think recruiting should be a major criteria for Hak's associate. That's why I immediately went to Steve Johnson in my first post. He's the head coach (and GM?) of the Lincoln Stars currently and is really in the know when it comes to juniors and evaluating that kind of talent. I think his coaching would translate well to the WCHA.

I like the suggestion of Ludwig.

Here's a darkhorse: Tom Ward (I think that's his name)... or whoever it is that is the head varsity hockey coach at SSM. Not as polished of a resume' as those mentioned above, but again, he's got the know when it comes to recruits.

There's a bunch of other coaches I think would make good associates, but I don't think they'll either apply or get the job (like the head coach of the DIII St. Johns team... Harrington? or Hastings or whatever his name is that is the head coach of either Sioux City or Sioux Falls of the USHL)

What about Tony Hrkac?

I think recruiting should be a major criteria for Hak's associate. That's why I immediately went to Steve Johnson in my first post. He's the head coach (and GM?) of the Lincoln Stars currently and is really in the know when it comes to juniors and evaluating that kind of talent. I think his coaching would translate well to the WCHA.

I like the suggestion of Ludwig.

Here's a darkhorse: Tom Ward (I think that's his name)... or whoever it is that is the head varsity hockey coach at SSM. Not as polished of a resume' as those mentioned above, but again, he's got the know when it comes to recruits.

There's a bunch of other coaches I think would make good associates, but I don't think they'll either apply or get the job (like the head coach of the DIII St. Johns team... Harrington? or Hastings or whatever his name is that is the head coach of either Sioux City or Sioux Falls of the USHL)

What about Tony Hrkac?

How bout bringing in Lucia as an assistant? ;):lol:

I don't think Johnson will come here as an assistant. He's making a lot of money in Lincoln. I think he has a piece of the action there. Harrington would be a rodent in Sioux land, so I doubt that would happen. Unless Hak has already got "his" pick for the job, I'd hate to think of trying to wade through the stack of resumes that must be flying off the fax machine today!