SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

22 hours ago, nodak651 said:

X100

Such a huge missed opportunity.

but asbestos.......

once you tear down these old building you don't get them back

betty should be women's volleyball only and watch tupac move em up the charts....having that whole building to himself to sell to recruits would be huge.

hyslop should be all basketball with a renovated front entrance (across the street from ample parking) and watch coach mal and sather sell it as cameron 2.0 with all the seats right up to the court!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on und.edu i think they still have nistler as "a vision"....hard to find real hard pics videos of the complete project or im just a little blind so......idea....

for every building on campus our esports side should shoot a drone video starting outside of the main entrance (nistler for example) and do a 3-5 minute HD drone fly thru to show off all of our new buildings (and old but shorten the video)...would love to see the inside of newly renovated carnegie library buidling...the union..merrifield when its done...the fritz and so forth....

every building!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

on und.edu i think they still have nistler as "a vision"....hard to find real hard pics videos of the complete project or im just a little blind so......idea....

for every building on campus our esports side should shoot a drone video starting outside of the main entrance (nistler for example) and do a 3-5 minute HD drone fly thru to show off all of our new buildings (and old but shorten the video)...would love to see the inside of newly renovated carnegie library buidling...the union..merrifield when its done...the fritz and so forth....

every building!

This shows a decent amount and is up to date 

12 hours ago, nodak651 said:

https://und.edu/student-life/esports/

And there is a link to the Varsity team there also ... a BS in video-games, whodathunkit. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Sounds like the softball complex applied for a tax exemption on a private public partnership to build the new field and apartments. Sounds like the application said they would break ground May 2023

Anyone have any idea when the Softball Complex is scheduled to be completed?  I spoke with a UND Softball player new to the program and see was told the new complex would be up and running by spring of 2024.  To me the seemed pretty aggressive.  Is this a case of the coach making promises to get a girl into the program or is it realistic?

52 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Anyone have any idea when the Softball Complex is scheduled to be completed?  I spoke with a UND Softball player new to the program and see was told the new complex would be up and running by spring of 2024.  To me the seemed pretty aggressive.  Is this a case of the coach making promises to get a girl into the program or is it realistic?

I would say realistic yeah for that but not that buildings and party porch or whatever they are doing

11 hours ago, Big Green said:

Well if they really break ground this May then yes they could get it done.

My pure guess: 

- They could have the softball field done for spring 2024. A field and grandstand is not a strenuous project. 
- They'd start on MVII after MVI was completed, or as each phase completes (steel, concrete, HVAC/elec/plumb, finish work). 

It'd make a lot of sense. All the trades to build apartments are already "there" (half a block away). 

If you've worked with contractors you know 1/3 the price is set up, 1/3 is the work, 1/3 is tear down. Get a second "work" in for the setup/teardown costs and the price gets better. 

Here's a question.  Does the hockey team really need an Olympic sized ice sheet to practive on?  There are only 6 schools thgat use an Olymnpic sheet and really only one we play consistently (SCSU).  It made sense when we had the wopmens team to avoid ice time conflicts.  But is it really necessary now?  Instead of building seperate volleyball/basketball practice courts sonnected to the Betty, why not just convert the Olypic rink to a facility with basketball/volleyball courts, new locker rooms, weight room, offices, film room, etc.  Seems like a better use of the space.  Plus a renovated Betty with a state of the art practive facility would deffiniely help recruting and transfers.  Just a thought.

• Upvote 2