SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Based on what I read in those city documents, a (basically surprise, targeted) $2.5 million donation for a field moves things along. 

but couldn't und have announced the big donation (keeping the person(s) anonymous if they like) and play off the excitement of it and try to get someone to match it or donate for a scoreboard or something instead of just leaking it during city hall meetings?

hey mr darin erstad...i know you played baseball but this is an excellent opportunity to fund a facility for lots of young ladies and we could put your daughter's name on the scoreboard....

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We don't know the donation criteria laid out by the donor. Maybe this path is it; we don't know. 

The main criteria is that it gets completed on time.
Guessing the donor doesn't want their name out there in the event that it doesn't get done and it makes it look like they are rescinding the donation (which they have the right to do based on the criteria they laid out).

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're starting from the assumption of "UND isn't".

I'm starting from the assumption of "UND is", in this case following the donor's wishes. 

why would any donor (especially one that wants this built quick) have any problem piggy backing off their donation to get more money that could potentially get it built quicker and maybe even nicer...for their daughter?

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

As @jdub27 said ... the donor may not want their name and their criteria widely known. 

At the same time, Phase Two of the Pollard Center is beginning construction this summer and they aren't publicly fundraising to improve that project either.  We should be in the public phase, right?  It kinda seems like the alumni association wants to focus all donations toward champions club scholarships, but they are missing out on additional $$$ that people would give to other projects, imo.  Really seems like a strategic decision to not publicly fundraise for facilities.

• Upvote 2

s-l1600.jpg

would be fun to see a fundraising can/kettle at all UND football games this fall with an old fashioned banner going from 0-$200k or whatnot that is updated after every home game and see how much UND could raise for "x" project with a big mock up of "x" athletic project......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

As soon as I saw a guy taking pictures of Walsh this morning I knew I should come to see if it was you lol

they are actually doing brick work on the southern facing side of memorial village...ill snap a pic tonight maybe.

• Upvote 1

the "old" texas rangers stadium had a county building built in the far outfield........

with the memorial village and now this huge project on the parking lot on university ave woudln't it have been fun if und/gf city announced an on campus football stadium with seating for 1x,000 or 2x,000 with all those apartments and meeting rooms on top of the bowl seating (kinda like lambeau field has all the seats in the bowl and then vertical luxury boxes).....AND incorporate teh softball field into it too so a lot of the apartments/dorm were in the outfield kinda like Skydome...

save money by doing one really really large project instead of two small projects and UND football would be back on campus

i biked by memorial village last night and boy is that gonna be cool with nice view onto the field and beyond

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the "old" texas rangers stadium had a county building built in the far outfield........

with the memorial village and now this huge project on the parking lot on university ave woudln't it have been fun if und/gf city announced an on campus football stadium with seating for 1x,000 or 2x,000 with all those apartments and meeting rooms on top of the bowl seating (kinda like lambeau field has all the seats in the bowl and then vertical luxury boxes).....AND incorporate teh softball field into it too so a lot of the apartments/dorm were in the outfield kinda like Skydome...

save money by doing one really really large project instead of two small projects and UND football would be back on campus

i biked by memorial village last night and boy is that gonna be cool with nice view onto the field and beyond

Reminds me of Jacksonville State's old plan.    

Preparing for FBS membership, Jacksonville State job drawing national  interest - Footballscoop

• Like 1

It'd be nice if you had the Pollard Center oriented correctly to University and Columbia. 

And there's not space for a football field due to MVII and the softball field.  

Other than that ... 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grand+Forks,+ND/@47.920028,-97.0624684,775m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x52c681355bbc5e25:0xb6b94d87c5f3d5a!8m2!3d47.9252568!4d-97.0328547!16zL20vMHlwMjE?entry=ttu 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It'd be nice if you had the Pollard Center oriented correctly to University and Columbia. 

And there's not space for a football field due to MVII and the softball field.  

Other than that ... 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grand+Forks,+ND/@47.920028,-97.0624684,775m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x52c681355bbc5e25:0xb6b94d87c5f3d5a!8m2!3d47.9252568!4d-97.0328547!16zL20vMHlwMjE?entry=ttu 

did u even read my post..............instead of MV and the new project combine them into ONE large football stadium with all those apartments/condos/retail built into it.

and yes pollard runs parallel the longway to columbia last i checked

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did u even read my post..............instead of MV and the new project combine them into ONE large football stadium with all those apartments/condos/retail built into it.

and yes pollard runs parallel the longway to columbia last i checked

If you’re gonna pick nits might as well mention that Pollard isn’t on University 

last I checked