SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Anyone know anything about Red River Jr d-man Jon Lizotte, I know he has played in the fall elite league and thought he looked like a pretty good player watching him against Grafton.

He's a work in progress. There's no question about the kids size and talent, he's skating and hockey ability is a little raw at the moment. Think of him as a football player on ice. He needs to polish up on his game over the summer and possibly at Red River next year, during his Senior year.

There's potential there, but the kid needs a big development over the summer. Skating and other fundamentals and intangibles needs improvement.

Good player though!

That's great to hear. I was worried he was going to make his decision without even visiting UND. The fact that he's going to take the time to visit UND is good news.

I'm guessing by the fact that he's going to visit soon means he'll be at one of the games against Minnesota State? Hopefully he leaves very impressed.

That's great to hear. I was worried he was going to make his decision without even visiting UND. The fact that he's going to take the time to visit UND is good news.

I'm guessing by the fact that he's going to visit soon means he'll be at one of the games against Minnesota State? Hopefully he leaves very impressed.

Either MSUM or the 1st round WCHA playoffs...those would be his only two options remaining.

Let's hope he's impressed with the facilities, coaching staff, and area. And hopefully Miles has been harping him to attend along with him.

Either MSUM or the 1st round WCHA playoffs...those would be his only two options remaining.

Let's hope he's impressed with the facilities, coaching staff, and area. And hopefully Miles has been harping him to attend along with him.

My guess would be this weekend, based purely on his game schedule. The U-18ers play tomorrow and are then off the rest of the weekend. The WCHA weekend would be a bit more hurried and hectic - no game Friday, but games Sat & Sun.

Speaking of Jay Dickman, it sounds like he could possibly join the Fargo Force team this weekend

http://slightlychill...ces.com/?p=1853

The 6-5, 228-pound Dickman had one of the best seasons in Minnesota this season. He scored 65 points in the regular season but had 44 goals, the most of any player in Class 2A this season.

Dickman continued his strong run into the playoffs. He had four points – including the game-winning goal – in St. Paul Johnson’s win over White Bear Lake to open the post season.

He had another solid game Wednesday in what turned out to be his finale scoring a goal and two assists. His strong season has led many to believe he could be selected in this summer’s NHL Entry Draft.

As long as he's blindfolded from the airport to the arena so he doesn't have to see where he would be spending a year of his life I would think UND has a great shot at landing him. :)

Because the drive from the MSP airport is so wonderful!

Traffic. Oh boy!

Several mid sized buildings. Is that the downtown Minneapolis skyline way over there? Neat!

Suburbia with no identity. Look, there is a Menards. Look, there is another Menards. Cool!

Oh, wow, I was just in Bloomington, now I'm in some other city, Awesome!

Yep, Grand Forks is in a rural area. I am betting that Mr. Jones knows that.

Come on man.

• Upvote 1

Traffic. Oh boy!

Several mid sized buildings. Is that the downtown Minneapolis skyline way over there? Neat!

Suburbia with no identity. Look, there is a Menards. Look, there is another Menards. Cool!

Come on man.

It was a joke.

It was a joke.

Okay.

Each area has different features. It really depends on the person as to which area they like better. I wish people would leave it alone.

It is hard for people who live in the Twin Cities to understand why someone would want to live in Grand Forks or the fine state of ND. It is hard for many North Dakotan's to understand why someone would choose to live in the Twin Cities. It is hard for a person in Chicago or New York city to understand why someone would want to live in the Twin Cities. It is hard for people who live in Grand Forks to understand why a person would want to live in Hillsboro. It goes on and on and on...

• Upvote 1

Back on topic, I wonder which type of area Seth Jones desires? I am willing to bet the area doesn't matter too much. It is all about hockey for these kids, and a question of which route will prepare them for the NHL. I think UND's track record for developing pros speaks for itself.

Anyone seen Jay Dickman of St. Paul Johnson play, I've seen him play once good size, decent skater, good skill, and physical. Looks to have some potential, just looking for others thoughts on him.

I heard about this kid earlier in the year from a source. He was always a big kid and never a very good skater. During the summer, he took off some weight and worked on improving his skating. His game has progressed a lot during the last year. He has a ways to go, but I think scouts like the potential. I think he's going to play in the USHL this spring, so it will be interesting to see how he does there.

Traffic. Oh boy!

Come on man.

VERY well put! I laughed at that! I live in the cities and you hit it dead on....

He's a work in progress. There's no question about the kids size and talent, he's skating and hockey ability is a little raw at the moment. Think of him as a football player on ice. He needs to polish up on his game over the summer and possibly at Red River next year, during his Senior year.

There's potential there, but the kid needs a big development over the summer. Skating and other fundamentals and intangibles needs improvement.

Good player though!

If I had to bet, I would bet that he doesn't play Division I hockey. I don't see anyone from this season's ND hockey tourney playing in division one.

Okay.

Each area has different features. It really depends on the person as to which area they like better. I wish people would leave it alone.

It is hard for people who live in the Twin Cities to understand why someone would want to live in Grand Forks or the fine state of ND. It is hard for many North Dakotan's to understand why someone would choose to live in the Twin Cities. It is hard for a person in Chicago or New York city to understand why someone would want to live in the Twin Cities. It is hard for people who live in Grand Forks to understand why a person would want to live in Hillsboro. It goes on and on and on...

It is hard for someone from Towner to understand why someone would want to live in Hillsboro. :D