SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Nelson's a very good player. But its easy to cherry pick a stretch during the season to find stats that support your argument. Bjugstad is second in the nation in goal scoring.......For the WHOLE year.

I find it really funny that a goofs fan is on here and has almost 900 posts. If you are that interested in UND hockey, there is a store at the Mall of America that sells Sioux hockey jerseys and if you pay me $20 i'll let you be a fan of UND hockey.

There it is!! There's that classic Sioux delusional thinking about the Gophers! Yep, if you have an M on your chest, you talk trash, take cheap shots, and hide behind your coaches and teammates. :silly:

And your last line about UND only hitting opponents from the front is laughable. Kristo's hit on Marshall in Grand Forks was one of the cheaper hits in the league all year. Hits him diirectly from behind and then throws a punch for good measure.

ha ha. makes me laugh. I could give you a laundry list of examples too. We are always looking to rename our corners in our builidng after people. Wehrs corner!

Has anyone seen the goal from alex mason from DL, some are calling it the goal of the year at any level. In another interview while he was at a pow wow he said that he is looking at either going to canada to play, UM or UND. This is the first I have seen of him. Is he on the radar?

Do you have a link to that interview?

Has anyone seen the goal from alex mason from DL, some are calling it the goal of the year at any level. In another interview while he was at a pow wow he said that he is looking at either going to canada to play, UM or UND. This is the first I have seen of him. Is he on the radar?

To be honest I didn't really know what I was watching. I thought at first it was a girls hockey game and you can kind of see the play but not real good. Is there any better video of it other than what was first shown or reported?

I watched him play against Red Lake Falls and he didn't really stand out except for the long hair. I really doubt he has any college offers, if I were to guess he will maybe play in the NAHL at best, but who knows.

ha ha. makes me laugh. I could give you a laundry list of examples too. We are always looking to rename our corners in our builidng after people. Wehrs corner!

you know wehrs received a concussion with the first hit? not something a sioux fan or otherwise should laugh about IMO

I watched him play against Red Lake Falls and he didn't really stand out except for the long hair. I really doubt he has any college offers, if I were to guess he will maybe play in the NAHL at best, but who knows.

I think you are correct. In this day and age (twitter, youtube) a kid from "northern" Minnesota would've been heard about by now....at this point very late into his senior year.

Nelson's a very good player. But its easy to cherry pick a stretch during the season to find stats that support your argument. Bjugstad is second in the nation in goal scoring.......For the WHOLE year.

I think it becomes a more competitive game the second half of the year with everybody jockeying for playoff position. Also, the fact that Bjugstad scored 4 goals against two of the worst teams in the country doesn't give me reason to think that his 1 more goal than Nelson and 2 more total points is something that distinguishes him from Brock Nelson. Maybe if Bjugstad was putting up the same numbers he was earlier, Minnesota would be distancing themselves from the pack.

you know wehrs received a concussion with the first hit? not something a sioux fan or otherwise should laugh about IMO

Wasn't the first hit when Wehrs tried to hit Frattin and basically hit a brick wall. I am not laughing at the hit but laughing at the gopher fan who tries to tell me our team is a bunch of goons. Of course I am relieved Wehr wasn't seriously hurt but that still doesn't take away from the fact that we have a Wehrs corner.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't the first hit when Wehrs tried to hit Frattin and basically hit a brick wall. I am not laughing at the hit but laughing at the gopher fan who tries to tell me our team is a bunch of goons. Of course I am relieved Wehr wasn't seriously hurt but that still doesn't take away from the fact that we have a Wehrs corner.

I'm trying to remember myself. The Malone hit on Wehrs last year just as the period was ending was a very good clean hit. I had no problems with it. But Frattins hit was a blatant cheap shot where he left his feet and went high with his hands. I dont remember though exactly when this happended or who he hit. I know it was in Grand Forks, maybe it was the playoff series? And was that also Wehrs?

I'm trying to remember myself. The Malone hit on Wehrs last year just as the period was ending was a very good clean hit. I had no problems with it. But Frattins hit was a blatant cheap shot where he left his feet and went high with his hands. I dont remember though exactly when this happended or who he hit. I know it was in Grand Forks, maybe it was the playoff series? And was that also Wehrs?

I just remember two hits on wehrs. I believe both were from Frattin but now that I think about it one of those hits could have been on Alt. So you are probably right it could have been Malone.

Wehrs got flattened many times in his career against UND. I remember a game at Mariucci when Oshie was looking back to try and reel in a bad bass coming out of our zone and Wehrs had him lined up and 2 seconds later Wehrs is laid out on the ice and Oshie kind of glanced back like you do when you are driving a truck and you think you might have hit a squirrel or something but you aren't really sure.

Matt Frattin isn't walking through that door. Brad Malone isn't walking through that door. Wehrs definitely isn't walking through that door. Can we talk about some prospective Sioux recruits? Alex Mason was saying he was going to attend UND or UM, but he has had some contacts from a couple junior teams in Canada, and is considering that. He could easily be a kid that plays college hockey some day. He's a very hard worker and plays with no fear. With some confidence and playing with better players, who knows...

Matt Frattin isn't walking through that door. Brad Malone isn't walking through that door. Wehrs definitely isn't walking through that door. Can we talk about some prospective Sioux recruits? Alex Mason was saying he was going to attend UND or UM, but he has had some contacts from a couple junior teams in Canada, and is considering that. He could easily be a kid that plays college hockey some day. He's a very hard worker and plays with no fear. With some confidence and playing with better players, who knows...

Maybe when I watched him it was a bad night, but he looked kind of lazy and gave me no impression that he could play college hockey, he definetely was not the best player on the ice that night.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know if this kid will even be able to make an NAHL team, let alone an elite Division 1 team. He has 37 points in 24 games playing close to the weakest schedule in Minnesota High School Hockey, really nothing to write home about. He does have some good hands though, I'll give him that.

Just for a little comparison- Tanner Lane who played at Detroit Lakes and played relatively close to the same schedule had 49G 41A for 90Pts as a Junior and is headed to Omaha next year. I played against Lane and he was a much better and more dynamic player than what I saw out of Mason in the game I watched.