SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

A lot can happen over time and circumstances can change in a lot of ways.

Where will Steve Johnson, or Chad Johnson, or Luke Johnson be in two or three years?

If you can tell me that, please tell me what the stock market will do today also. ;)

True. I always wonder how long the current coaching staff at UND will stay in place. Will Hakstol want to try the NHL like Blais did? Will Eades jump ship when a top tier program needs a new head coach? Does Dane Jackson want to be a head coach again? Makes me think how lucky the Sioux are to have the coaching staff that they do.

I know that he probably has a million offers, but does anyone know if UND has an offer out to Seth Jones from the USNDTP? Does anyone know where he is leaning....or if he will even go the NCAA route?? He had an impressive camp, so I'm sure the MJs are going to be pushing hard to get him. Who owns his rights? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I know that he probably has a million offers, but does anyone know if UND has an offer out to Seth Jones from the USNDTP? Does anyone know where he is leaning....or if he will even go the NCAA route?? He had an impressive camp, so I'm sure the MJs are going to be pushing hard to get him. Who owns his rights? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

More importantly does anyone have any idea on forwards the coaches are targeting for next year's class? With only Matteau and Koules committed for next year, we are going to need to line up some more forwards especially considering Koules may end up getting pushed back to play another year of juniors. Any names rumored out there?

More importantly does anyone have any idea on forwards the coaches are targeting for next year's class? With only Matteau and Koules committed for next year, we are going to need to line up some more forwards especially considering Koules may end up getting pushed back to play another year of juniors. Any names rumored out there?

The roster shows:

1 senior (Lamoureux)

3 juniors (Rowney, Kristo, Knight)

3 sophomores (Rodwell, Nelson, Dickin)

7 freshmen (Parks, O'Donnell, MacMillan, St. Clair, Grimaldi, Pattyn, Gaarder)

Pipeline: Matteau, Koules, DiPuma?, Rowe

I'm not greatly concerned about forwards at this time.

The roster shows:

1 senior (Lamoureux)

3 juniors (Rowney, Kristo, Knight)

3 sophomores (Rodwell, Nelson, Dickin)

7 freshmen (Parks, O'Donnell, MacMillan, St. Clair, Grimaldi, Pattyn, Gaarder)

Pipeline: Matteau, Koules, DiPuma?, Rowe

I'm not greatly concerned about forwards at this time.

I guess I see it losing Lammy and Kristo next year with the possibility of Knight? Grimaldi? although both are Panthers draft picks and the Panthers have a pretty solid prospect pool ahead of these guys so I see both staying. Rowe is 2013 and I think Koules with wind up as one as well and we only have 14 forwards on the roster this year with at least one (Gaarder) being a walk-on. I think we will need to find two forwards to come in with Matteau next year. I know it's not a lot but we could certainly use two good ones.

:)

Welcome aboard, Luke(s)!

Hey I am not unhappy about it at all, I think it's awesome, I heard it from a Hockey dad that was sitting at the table and heard the comment from said parent. So things change. I had also heard the same thing from other people around town. It's a great pick up for UND.

Edited by Goon

Hey I am not unhappy about it at all, I think it's awesome, I heard it from a Hockey dad that was sitting at the table and heard the comment from said parent. So things change. I had also heard the same thing from other people around town. It's a great pick up for UND.

I'm with you Goon. I'm certainly happy to be wrong. I never heard it first hand just read it and heard it in more than one spot.

Let's keep the good recruits coming in. Anyone hear anything on Gabe Guertler? Sounds like he was the most dynmaic forward at the U17's this past weekend. Apparently Michigan and Minnesota are in heavy persuit.

I'm with you Goon. I'm certainly happy to be wrong. I never heard it first hand just read it and heard it in more than one spot.

Let's keep the good recruits coming in. Anyone hear anything on Gabe Guertler? Sounds like he was the most dynamic forward at the U17's this past weekend. Apparently Michigan and Minnesota are in heavy pursuit.

I am glad that he is going to play for UND. Couldn't be more excited.

Look at us simple bloggers here at siouxsports.com pushing the issue, and before you know it the kid decides to play his hockey at UND. :lol: I'm interested to hear how many Sioux players go on this website and read what people write about them. I hope not Andy Kollar....he may find me in an alley some day...

Who should we talk about next? How about Jon Lizotte? I bet he's not going to UND either... :D

Look at us simple bloggers here at siouxsports.com pushing the issue, and before you know it the kid decides to play his hockey at UND. :lol: I'm interested to hear how many Sioux players go on this website and read what people write about them. I hope not Andy Kollar....he may find me in an alley some day...

Who should we talk about next? How about Jon Lizotte? I bet he's not going to UND either... :D

I am still looking over my shoulder what I wrote about Josh Siembida (sp) :lol: I remember Palmo questioning me about my comments .

I am still looking over my shoulder what I wrote about Josh Siembida (sp) :lol: I remember Palmo questioning me about my comments .

Talk about a kid who went from big man on campus to...."whatever happened to Josh Siembida"?? Last I heard he finished out at Quinnipiac or something like that.

I had a class with him at UND that he showed up a total of one time for.