SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

• 2 weeks later...

I saw both Coach Eades and Coach Jackson at the Fargo Force/Lincoln Stars game last night. I'm sure they wanted to check on Gothberg and Luke Johnson, but Im pretty sure they were looking at some other players as well.

Actually they were watching Paul Ladue (Grand Forks Central). He has offers from 5 WCHA schools already. Hope the Sioux can lock him up. Would be a great get and most likely a 4 year player. Very solid player.

Any idea if UND is looking at Alex Schoenborn from Minot. He was a first round USHL draftee and was called up for the game against the force at the age of 15.

I'm guessing he's one they are keeping an eye on. I feel like local kids are definitely targets, it just depends on if they are Sioux-caliber players. Alex is young, so I'm sure they'll be monitoring him over the next couple years. He wasn't that noticeable in the game on Friday, but like I said, he's young still and it was his first USHL game. One to watch, for sure.

Actually they were watching Paul Ladue (Grand Forks Central). He has offers from 5 WCHA schools already. Hope the Sioux can lock him up. Would be a great get and most likely a 4 year player. Very solid player.

Do you know which 5 wcha schools offered?

I know Mankato for sure. I beleive Duluth and Bemidji also..Not 100% sure.

Anyone have any insight on what Ladue will do?

I heard through the grape vine that UND might be interested in him as well. I would imagine that since his uncle works for SCSU they are probably going to be in the mix as well.

I heard through the grape vine that UND might be interested in him as well. I would imagine that since his uncle works for SCSU they are probably going to be in the mix as well.

There were quite a few kids (I'm old enough to call 'em kids) in Fargo Force coats this weekend at the Sanford Center. Serratore said on his radio interview he needed to go speak with some recruits after the game ended. Didn't see any on the bench during warm ups though.

That and all the 26 year old Canadians playing for the Sioux every year.

You must be that informed Gopher fan that sat a few feet from me at Mary Ucci a couple of years ago that was ragging on Joe Finley yelling "go back to Canada". The look on your face when I told you he was from Edina gave me chuckles for weeks.

You must be that informed Gopher fan that sat a few feet from me at Mary Ucci a couple of years ago that was ragging on Joe Finley yelling "go back to Canada". The look on your face when I told you he was from Edina gave me chuckles for weeks.

They have their share of clueless fans down in "the Cities" every year at the Final Five I see and hear many random examples of extreme stupidity most of which seem to come from their fan base.

Edited by Goon

Gofer fan? You got the wrong guy Ole. Next time read the whole thread first.

Gofer fan? You got the wrong guy Ole. Next time read the whole thread first.

Gotcha! Sorry about that, short of time and that issue has been a sore spot with me for over 40 years. Mariucci started the whining back in the 60's or before and it still has not gone away. Michigan under Al Renfrew actually started the Canadian immigration followed up by Murray Armstrong at DU. From there it escalated. Gophers never hesitated to bring in FB players from 2000 miles away though who were more foreign to Minnesota than any Canuck from 100 miles north of GF. Take care.

mariucci was "whining" back in the 60s? you cant appreciate a coach trying to build hockey in the US with US players? instead- his legacy to you is he was "whining" about coaches filling up ncaa teams with canadian players??

north dakotans fall over themselves when a local kid has passion for the sioux. same in MN- it just happens more often. if north dakota had enough talent to fill up the siouxs roster with north dakotas- and compete at a very high level- im sure youd take pride in that.. as a north dakotan.