SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

is the zajac from eagan, mn realted to the zajacs that went to UND?

kids a stud.

117 points and hes a jr.

Did you miss when they asked about that on TV? :lol:

And no, they are not related. There was an article about him in the Fargo paper and his coach confirmed that they are not related. His coach seems to think he might not end up in the wcha because he's got like a 3.89 gpa so he could go ivy.

Good win for TRF's. Didn't expect that to happen. I hope the Sioux are looking at that 8th grader. Breck did good this year considering they lost 13 players.

Means they can just recruit 13 more. Why they and St. Thomas Academy still play single A is ridiculous. Good for TRF. Thought Section 8 was down so that was nice to see.

Means they can just recruit 13 more. Why they and St. Thomas Academy still play single A is ridiculous. Good for TRF. Thought Section 8 was down so that was nice to see.

I heard that St Thomas wants to move up to AA but the higher up's in the school's administration want to stay at A and won't let them move up...

I heard that St Thomas wants to move up to AA but the higher up's in the school's administration want to stay at A and won't let them move up...

I know the Strib was raising a big stink about it a few years ago and St. Thomas' excuse was that they have like 500 students so they shouldn't be. Problem is that it's 500 BOYS which is more than many single A schools have for students (boys and girls). I do see that they are listed as having over 1000 students but I think that is because MSHSL doubles it. Still surprised they don't move after being at state every year. Them and Breck should at least be forced into same section. Breck may be small but tough for public school to recruit against them.

I may be wrong on this, but the problem with Minnesota is that the AA is limited to 64 teams. So some larger schools end up playing single A because some smaller like Roseau play up. I see Alexandria is in single A now and they are over 1000 kids 9-12. Bemidji was playing single A couple years ago. They were twice the size of any school they were going against in section 8!

I know the Strib was raising a big stink about it a few years ago and St. Thomas' excuse was that they have like 500 students so they shouldn't be. Problem is that it's 500 BOYS which is more than many single A schools have for students (boys and girls). I do see that they are listed as having over 1000 students but I think that is because MSHSL doubles it. Still surprised they don't move after being at state every year. Them and Breck should at least be forced into same section. Breck may be small but tough for public school to recruit against them.

I may be wrong on this, but the problem with Minnesota is that the AA is limited to 64 teams. So some larger schools end up playing single A because some smaller like Roseau play up. I see Alexandria is in single A now and they are over 1000 kids 9-12. Bemidji was playing single A couple years ago. They were twice the size of any school they were going against in section 8!

In Minnesota the top 64 enrollments are considered AA in hockey, but teams can pettition to opt up like Roseau does so actually there could be more than 64 teams in AA it just depends whether teams opt up every 2 years or not. I'm not sure but I thought Bemidji decided to opt up for the last 2 seasons and actually could of still qualified to play in class A.

is the zajac from eagan, mn realted to the zajacs that went to UND?

kids a stud.

117 points and hes a jr.

Zajac has looked very good for Eagan. He has good size, pretty physical, and looks to have some good hands. Bitzer has made some huge saves for Moorhead and is a very solid goaltender I would think both these guys will be getting a few looks from some colleges.

Zajac has looked very good for Eagan. He has good size, pretty physical, and looks to have some good hands. Bitzer has made some huge saves for Moorhead and is a very solid goaltender I would think both these guys will be getting a few looks from some colleges.

It looked like they had his name spelled Zajek on Channel 45...is that correct?

When I watch the state tournament and in some of the class A games, I'm baffled some of these schools are classified as A. When i think of Alexandria, I think of big school. My cousins went to school there, while my high school enrollment was just over 500. So some of the schools like Alex and the like I'm like, "and they are an A school, because...?" But I suppose it's different for all sports. My high school didn't have hockey .... and still doesn't so I didn't follow it much in high school.

When I watch the state tournament and in some of the class A games, I'm baffled some of these schools are classified as A. When i think of Alexandria, I think of big school. My cousins went to school there, while my high school enrollment was just over 500. So some of the schools like Alex and the like I'm like, "and they are an A school, because...?" But I suppose it's different for all sports. My high school didn't have hockey .... and still doesn't so I didn't follow it much in high school.

I hear ya, when I was in high school my school was the smallest high school playing hockey in the state with about an enrollment of 200 and we had a team like Bemidji put inot our section for 2 years.

Adam Johnson sophmore forward of Hibbing who looked very good at Minnesota State Hockey Tournament last week has committed to Duluth, not sure if Sioux were intersted or not.

According to Chris Dilks, Aaron Johnson has HEAVY connections with UMD to begin with.

If we did recruit him at all, I doubt it was serious. Reading in between the lines with this guy, he was UMD bound from the get go.

According to Chris Dilks, Aaron Johnson has HEAVY connections with UMD to begin with.

If we did recruit him at all, I doubt it was serious. Reading in between the lines with this guy, he was UMD bound from the get go.

Dave Johnson was his dad and he played at Duluth so not a big suprise. The kid kind of broke out at the state tournament and sounds like he was just waiting for an offer and he commited very soon after getting it.

Am I the only one who hopes for Hak to try and recruit Mario Lucia? I want to see Hakstol sitting the Lucia's living room with tDon, Mario, and Tony and explain the advantages North Dakota has to offer. Sure we may not get a commitment out of it, but it would be an entertaining discussion.

Am I the only one who hopes for Hak to try and recruit Mario Lucia? I want to see Hakstol sitting the Lucia's living room with tDon, Mario, and Tony and explain the advantages North Dakota has to offer. Sure we may not get a commitment out of it, but it would be an entertaining discussion.

If a fight breaks out, at least Hak won't have to worry about getting hit. They'll all have to take a wiz.

Mario is on heck of a player but i doubt he goes anywhere besides Minny unless DAD is not coaching there anymore but I like your idea

I've heard Mario is going to Notre Dame. That is tDon's alma matter as well.

I've also heard Mario to Notre Dame too, but I think in the end he will end up at Minny. Apple Valley sophomore Hudson Fasching has committed to play at the USNTDP next year which somewhat suprised me as I figured he would stay at home after hearing his story.

I've also heard Mario to Notre Dame too, but I think in the end he will end up at Minny. Apple Valley sophomore Hudson Fasching has committed to play at the USNTDP next year which somewhat suprised me as I figured he would stay at home after hearing his story.

does that keep any hope alive then? maybe so.

cammaratta and he would be gigantic but camm would be great alone as well. ive seen both of them in groups for top players at that age in the world