SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

15. Center Joe Labate (Angels Academy in Minnesota): He's 6-4, 180, and the consensus is that he would go later in the second round. But some teams are intrigued enough by his potential to have him in that 28-35 range. "Labate is a huge center who is raw as heck right now," Woodlief said, "but could fill out into a monster."

commited to UW

• 4 weeks later...

What's that Zajac thinking.

i don't have any inside info... but would guess the sioux didn't offer him, and he is going to a great program with a pretty good track record of competing and preparing players. i have no idea if und offered him though, but would think with the ties with his two brothers here, he would have taken unds offer first.

i don't have any inside info... but would guess the sioux didn't offer him, and he is going to a great program with a pretty good track record of competing and preparing players. i have no idea if und offered him though, but would think with the ties with his two brothers here, he would have taken unds offer first.

Their dad used to play for Denver, so they have ties there as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Via Ryan Clark on twitter

Garrett Haar just called me /and said, "Hey, I am decommitting." Haar will not be attending Northeastern.

Haar, "The deciding factor was Cronin leaving."

Haar also added that he's talked to Boston University, Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, North Dakota and Denver.

Haar, "I will go back to Fargo for another year and hopefully be at a powerhouse school in the WCHA, CCHA or Hockey East."

Also, via Chris Dilks on twitter

Eddie Wittchow on turning down offer to play for Wisco next year: "I didn't think I was ready. I don't even shave yet." #NHLDraft

Wittchow mentioned looking at Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Ohio State. He'd like to make a decision by the end of the summer.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/324875/group/Sports/

So Hakstol still wants to add one more forward for next year huh? How about another 5' 6" dynamo? John Gaudreau, rookie of the year and fourth in USHL scoring, is considering decommitting from Northeastern as well. How would that be for a late recruit? Will probably be staying out east, but who knows.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/324875/group/Sports/

So Hakstol still wants to add one more forward for next year huh? How about another 5' 6" dynamo? John Gaudreau, rookie of the year and fourth in USHL scoring, is considering decommitting from Northeastern as well. How would that be for a late recruit? Will probably be staying out east, but who knows.

he is listed at 5'9 here. besides that he seems like he can put some numbers up!

Does he have to be enrolled in School to sit out a year or could he play in the USHL during his transfer year?

I think the article suggested that he might play in Dubuque again next year, if he indeed decides to decommit.

• 1 month later...

Per Schlossman's twitter Keaton Thompson has committed to UND and Gage Ausmus to Denver. Nice pickup for the Sioux. Anyone hearing any other recruiting rumors? Its seems to be pretty slow but it usually picks up after the US 16 and 17 camps and the tourney that I can't think of at the moment (Ivan Hlinka?) but I'm not if they have already happened or not?

Nice to see the Sioux pick up a North Dakota kid who will only get better with three years with the US Developmental program. A kid that I hope is on their radar is the Nelson kid from Williston. I've heard that he has been approached by Bemidji and Mankato, but hopefully the Sioux give him a serious look. He has two years of junior hockey eligibility left so he could play two years in Fargo and then head North. UND is all about four year guys, and I think Nelson would fit that quota.