SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown. 10/26/24

SiouxFan100

4 hours ago, Hambone said:

I'm curious at what angle the replay officials had that showed anything, as the replays on TV gave no indication that it would be overturned as you couldn't tell anything.  Haven't really heard any complaining anywhere so I'm guessing they got the call right, but I would have loved to see the replay that showed it.

Maybe they had it where two different views were synced, if you had the view showing when his knee hit with the other angle showing where the ball was that would show it. I honestly do think he was probably just short, but yeah nothing conclusive at all on the replays shown on Midco. But if they had a synced view that may have shown them enough to overturn it. 

On 10/20/2024 at 11:59 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Sure is nice having Q for qb sneaks

I could watch that touchdown sneak a dozen times. Both defensive ends hit him one yard out and he still broke it for the TD.

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I don't know if it's correct or not, but the ESPN schedule for Saturday now shows that our game is on ESPN+.  UND's website still just shows Midco Sports 2.  I hope that ESPN is correct.

I believe ESPN+ will take the coverage of the game from Midco Sports 2! Should be on both. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I could watch that touchdown sneak a dozen times. Both defensive ends hit him one yard out and he still broke it for the TD.

The one DE made an outstanding play. He jumped over our line and met Q in the backfield. We were fortunate that the right side guy hit Q at the same time.

22 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

image.png.a5feb77812b9567a556bbcc0e94e3b97.png

Very scary situation (leaving the state for the first time in 8 weeks) for a team that consistently can’t play good football on the road ….

What are the chances Bubba spontaneously learns new football coaching tactics on week 9 of his 11th season? 

Let's go Fighting Tarzans!!  Bring that mentality on the road for once!!

18 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bubba's team are historically bad on the road. First game outside of ND in 8 weeks. Don't even care about the spread....just want the money line. 

We certainly aren't good on the road.  I don't think staying in state and playing at SU is any kind of advantage over going on road vs most other teams on schedule.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND Football Fan said:

Having a strong D helps a lot to win road games. Our Big Sky champion team had a fairly solid D and finished 9-2, unfortunately we crapped the bed in the 2nd half in the playoffs. Since then the defense started to get worse, coincidentally so has our road record.

The old saying that 'defense travels' is still true.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The one DE made an outstanding play. He jumped over our line and met Q in the backfield. We were fortunate that the right side guy hit Q at the same time.

I was wondering how they got two guys in our backfield so fast - thanks

20 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I was wondering how they got two guys in our backfield so fast - thanks

The danger of doing that from pistol formation.
Almost need a double wing T pistol formation if not under center. 

That Vaughn draw play is the kind of play that this board would go nuts if he doesn't make it in the End zone.  If he doesn't get in the half is over and we go into the half with only a 7 pt lead.  The kind of call that is dumb if it doesn't work and brilliant if it works.

42 minutes ago, Big Green said:

That Vaughn draw play is the kind of play that this board would go nuts if he doesn't make it in the End zone.  If he doesn't get in the half is over and we go into the half with only a 7 pt lead.  The kind of call that is dumb if it doesn't work and brilliant if it works.

It was dumb and unnecessary to have him anything but under center. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It was dumb and unnecessary to have him anything but under center. 

They must have had some sort of plan with two DL in front of him, must have thought they would need to clear out more bodies than normal?
But when the DE's get around the corners as fast as they did while Q is looking where to go, it is a bit of a calculated risk that almost blew up.
Assuming there was a reason they went away from the tried and true that pretty much works every time but no clue what that might be.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They must have had some sort of plan with two DL in front of him, must have thought they would need to clear out more bodies than normal?
But when the DE's get around the corners as fast as they did while Q is looking where to go, it is a bit of a calculated risk that almost blew up.
Assuming there was a reason they went away from the tried and true that pretty much works every time but no clue what that might be.

It looked like over thinking to me. “You know that thing we do that literally never fails? Let’s change that up.” 

Now I’m not opposed to using those big bodies when we don’t have the Q under center push for the 1-2 yards we need but for now it’s just not necessary.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

It looked like over thinking to me. “You know that thing we do that literally never fails? Let’s change that up.” 

Now I’m not opposed to using those big bodies when we don’t have the Q under center push for the 1-2 yards we need but for now it’s just not necessary.

You've been spot on the last 2 weeks! Love it!