SiouxSports.com Forum

Providence @ UND

stoneySIOUX

A lot of good teaching moments from a win.  Which is a good thing.

When they shortened the bench in the 2nd period they tilted the ice and had momentum.

I thought our goalie was fine.  First goal Strathmann didn't pick up his guy, the 2nd goal was a deflection off Zmolek. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

He’s supposed to be a set up guy himself. That’s all we heard about him before he got to UND. Haven’t seen much of that though. 

Agreed, I’ve been waiting for that piece to his game from last year. In the year and one game that I’ve watched him, setup guy and his game have nothing to do with one another. He shoots every time the puck touches his stick in the ozone 

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed, I’ve been waiting for that piece to his game from last year. In the year and one game that I’ve watched him, setup guy and his game have nothing to do with one another. He shoots every time the puck touches his stick in the ozone 

Could be like Schlossman said,when he played with Chicago, he probably deferred shooting to Cellebrini quite a bit.

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

The pitchfork and Fire Berry crew gets silenced for one week at least. ;)

Nice win over a solid team!

I judge Berry for the [lack of] results in March, not for one win in October.  We'll keep raising conference banners while Denver keeps raising natty banners.

Just now, Big A HG said:

I judge Berry for the [lack of] results in March, not for one win in October. 

I'm all for some wins to start coming in March/April.
That said, my comment was just poking fun at the posters that were ready to march Berry out of town last weekend after an exhibition loss.  :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I'm all for some wins to start coming in March/April.
That said, my comment was just poking fun at the posters that were ready to march Berry out of town last weekend after an exhibition loss.  :) 

The people wanting to march Berry out of town don't want to because of one exhibition loss....it's years of meaningful losses.

8 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

The people wanting to march Berry out of town don't want to because of one exhibition loss....it's years of meaningful losses.

Sweetness!

Either way, a new season is upon us.  I'll remain optimistic that the team can hopefully piece it together at the end.
A nice start to the year against a team that will be good this season in HEA.  That'll help come PWR time.
Now hopefully get a couple wins in Mankato next weekend...

• Upvote 3