SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

6 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just don’t trust our defense. Cam Miller is playing very well too and he has that thing that our defense has struggled with, mobility. 

He is playing at a very high level right now.  Ball control/time of possession will have to be in our favor.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I’ve never felt since being in FCS that UND had a chance playing in Fargo previously. They absolutely have the talent this year to win. Will they? It’ll take a complete game, which seems unlikely. But they have a chance.

Prior to the season I was thinking NDSU was going to return the favor and spank us in their house....3 score type of victory. Our offense has shown we can control clock and move the ball though.  While I'd still have to give them the edge being at home,  think we have a chance. Would agree with Geau....a lot of it will depend on how well our defense plays....and can we force another turnover or two. 

Love to see Sioux get ground game going early and wear down that Bison D.  Control the clock, tempo, etc.  mix in a few looks downfield to Belquist to keep them honest.  Definitely have weapons on offense to hang with the Fargo Cows.

16 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Love to see Sioux get ground game going early and wear down that Bison D.  Control the clock, tempo, etc.  mix in a few looks downfield to Belquist to keep them honest.  Definitely have weapons on offense to hang with the Fargo Cows.

Think we may need a big day from another WR. I think they will key on stopping the run....and Bo. 

• Upvote 1

Controlling the clock will not be a problem SUs defense is absolutely abysmal.   They can't stop anything and haven't all year.   Yesterday was an aberration.  They give up huge plays like giving out candy on Halloween.   The ONLY thing that will prevent us from winning is turnovers..

Just now, siouxweet said:

Controlling the clock will not be a problem SUs defense is absolutely abysmal.   They can't stop anything and haven't all year.   Yesterday was an aberration.  They give up huge plays like giving out candy on Halloween.   The ONLY thing that will prevent us from winning is turnovers..

The defense did pretty good against ISUr

NDSU’s D will be ready to go since it’s a home game and there will be energy there.

Our defense last year was pretty rough, however, at home against NDSU they played as well as could be with the home crowd providing energy (plus feeding off the special teams and Offense). NDSU’s D will be better. Our D is on the road, and though improved we do give up too many big plays. Need to make NDSU earn their yards and get some TO’s. All three phases need to be solid for us to win. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND Football Fan said:

NDSU’s D will be ready to go since it’s a home game and there will be energy there.

Our defense last year was pretty rough, however, at home against NDSU they played as well as could be with the home crowd providing energy (plus feeding off the special teams and Offense). NDSU’s D will be better. Our D is on the road, and though improved we do give up too many big plays. Need to make NDSU earn their yards and get some TO’s. All three phases need to be solid for us to win. 

The energy last year was due to what happened on the opening kick off and just kept building from there.   NDSU will not return the opening kick off for a touchdown this year and the Bison fans will not be a factor.   There D is atrocious. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND Football Fan said:

As we all know we have trouble with running QBs. I like that we have a new OC that they haven't seen. Just gotta take what they give us. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Guess the spread…. I’m thinking we will be +6.5. 

13 minutes ago, Kab said:

Wonder what the betting line will be

This is gonna be close