SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

A big game. A tough game.

Hopefully we are healthy and play to our ability. Our defense is still suspect and I am very impressed with Miller.

Su gave up only 19 yards rushing to the Redbirds today. We will have to do much better.

Fun times 

GFH

2:30 p.m.
Football at North Dakota State
Fargo, N.D.

• Upvote 1

Yes Cam is playing lights out.  Bison defense came back much stronger today.  It will be a tough game.  Our offense has quite a few weapons, some we have not seen yet.  This team is different.  They may start slow.  I hope not but this is resilient.  I have faith.  This time we get the Dome to favor us.

1 hour ago, shep said:

Rucker was an impact player a couple games ago by getting to the QB.

Last 2 games he’s been dropping back in coverage more.

Why?

Because of the opponents offense player.  Rucker is big, fast and smart.  They had him cover the the big IDS recr.

UND adjusted with a 3-3-5.  Rucker covering the big guy.

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Yes Cam is playing lights out.  Bison defense came back much stronger today.  It will be a tough game.  Our offense has quite a few weapons, some we have not seen yet.  This team is different.  They may start slow.  I hope not but this is resilient.  I have faith.  This time we get the Dome to favor us.

How much of NDSU's defensive improvement was a result of the quality of opponent? I guess we'll find out next Saturday.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

How much of NDSU's defensive improvement was a result of the quality of opponent? I guess we'll find out next Saturday.

My thoughts exactly.  I don't know much of the Redbirds.  I do know UND improved more in the last game.  I have concerns in the RB dept.  Injuries are tough.

Throws for completions are going to have to be made into windows and seams that haven't been hit so far through 5 games to win next Saturday. 

Both teams at 4-1 with the only loss to a FBS team does give this game some spice to it.

7 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

My thoughts exactly.  I don't know much of the Redbirds.  I do know UND improved more in the last game.  I have concerns in the RB dept.  Injuries are tough.

To be honest Murray State is garbage and in a game like that you can't take away too much other than wanting to come out of it healthy as possible. 

5 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

To be honest Murray State is garbage and in a game like that you can't take away too much other than wanting to come out of it healthy as possible. 

Agreed, but just like the three previous games the outcome was exactly what it was supposed to be.

I agree with geaux, when teams won in Fargo they start off strong, made Fargo more one dimensional and matched their physicality. We start off slow it will be a blood bath. I don’t follow NDSU but I believe SDSU two years ago is the only team to came back from being down by 2 scores in Fargo since their move to FCS. We have been out scored on average by 25 there.

We for sure need solid passing, last year when we went spread, they kept 4 DL and one LB (don’t think they thought we could run on their line) This year they won’t make that mistake. So it is imparative we keep them honest with a solid passing game. 

22 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

I agree with geaux, when teams won in Fargo they start off strong, made Fargo more one dimensional and matched their physicality. We start off slow it will be a blood bath. I don’t follow NDSU but I believe SDSU two years ago is the only team to came back from being down by 2 scores in Fargo since their move to FCS. We have been out scored on average by 25 there.

We for sure need solid passing, last year when we went spread, they kept 4 DL and one LB (don’t think they thought we could run on their line) This year they won’t make that mistake. So it is imparative we keep them honest with a solid passing game. 

My main concern is their d is setup to gobble up deep passes. We’ve needed those the last couple of games. Silver lining is we like to run the ball and we’ve shown an ability to stretch the field. The reality is that this game will be on our defense. They did not play well the last two games or the first half against the griz. We will get rolled if that repeats itself.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

My main concern is their d is setup to gobble up deep passes. We’ve needed those the last couple of games. Silver lining is we like to run the ball and we’ve shown an ability to stretch the field. The reality is that this game will be on our defense. They did not play well the last two games or the first half against the griz. We will get rolled if that repeats itself.

Last year against the Bison the defense was able to feed off the crowd and energy in the building. Agreed, gonna have to be ready to go from the start

Good

Highest ceiling team of the D1 era. Most complete team. I believe they can drive down the field any given offensive possession. Likewise, I believe we can get a 3 and out. Solid special teams. 

Bad

Inconsistent. QB still learning.  

I’ve never felt since being in FCS that UND had a chance playing in Fargo previously. They absolutely have the talent this year to win. Will they? It’ll take a complete game, which seems unlikely. But they have a chance.