SiouxSports.com Forum

San Diego @ UND 9/21/24

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, MinnDak said:

I can’t speak for Tommy but it seemed like he was done at UND no matter what. Skokna and lots of players reach the point where they are moving in in life. Tommy already scoring a TD at his home state at Michigan State has gotta be icing on the cake. What a career. 

I heard from a 'good source' that Tommy had is masters already or was within a few credits of it and just wanted to go home to Michigan and play somewhere there. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. 

We see shortcomings but it's working for now. 

If IF the OC is doing his job he's working hard to improve every QB on the roster to have options when W becomes L. 

Shortcomings...arm strength and more importantly accuracy. Not things that are a easy mid season fix. He can definitely make plays with his feet. Why not some true ROPs? Anyone watch GB last two weeks? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Shortcomings...arm strength and more importantly accuracy. Not things that are an easy mid season fix. He can definitely make plays with his feet. Why not some true ROPs? Anyone watch GB last two weeks? 

I am very curious to see how we do things against good teams. I’m still thinking we may be saving Romfo running true RPOs for when we need it. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Shortcomings...arm strength and more importantly accuracy. Not things that are a easy mid season fix. He can definitely make plays with his feet. Why not some true ROPs? Anyone watch GB last two weeks? 

We do run RPO's but Romfo never keeps it. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a QB that can't throw a football but supposedly has great legs if he never keeps the ball on those RPO's...

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We do run RPO's but Romfo never keeps it. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a QB that can't throw a football but supposedly has great legs if he never keeps the ball on those RPO's...

I think teams are deathly afraid of his 11 rushes for 10 yards the last two weeks 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I think teams are deathly afraid of his 11 rushes for 10 yards the last two weeks 

My hope (it is a hope) we see more QB runs in the bigger games. NDSU typically in the past did not run the QB unless it was against a better team.  There was a few times during the few games where it looked if he kept the handoff he could hit the edge and get some yards. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

3 wins > 5 completions 

queue Al Davis ... just win baby ... 

53 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If IF the OC is doing his job he's working hard to improve every QB on the roster to have options when W becomes L. 

No question. Just need to prepare for when passing game will be of greater necessity. It’s a matter of when, not if. 

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not sure how giving the back-up 1 kneel down snap in 4 non-conference games is working hard to prepare every QB..  Very short-sighted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish said:

Wow - a lot of pushback from my post - No, I didn't watch the QB competition in camp.  No, I'm not saying Romfo didn't win the starter's job in pre-season.  What I am saying is that we have had 4 non-conference games and his highly recruited back-up has played exactly 1 snap - a kneel down - this after the other highly recruited QB saw the writing on the wall and is transferring.  And after watching Romfo pass for 11 yards with 2 picks in the first half he didn't get a sniff.    That, in my opinion, is extremely short sighted and sends a poor message to our back-ups.  Vintage stubborn Bubba though.  We will soon get into some games where short-arming simple outs and swing passes will cost us and no one else has any game experience.  Not great roster management.  And much of Romfo's running success is due to our great O line play.  

To be fair he did hit a long throw for a TD the play after the 2nd interception. Props to Freuchte for having trust in him and scheming Bo open. I do agree that these simple throws need to start being made or else we need to look at Kaminski.