SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-2025 season

ND-fan

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You have to wonder if Katie Richards (RIP) figured into those two meeting. Katie had ties to both UND WBB and Mayville State. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I really like this hire! I am hopeful that him and Coach Motherwell (former Associate Head Coach) can work well together. That could be an interesting dynamic.

I believe this could be a good fit for the team she tall and moves well and will provide person to play on inside and outside plus provide us with some rebounding. I think if we can find couple of more players like her ready to play and start it will be big help. This puts pressure on some of players on roster they are going to need to improve if they want to continue to play significant minutes.

The sooner they can find right roster players for this team and find next assistant coach sooner they can start turning this team around. They need to work on getting established offense and also get this team to play good team defense this has to start very fundamentals with this team. Second, they need to work on shooting, and this has to be combined with type of offense they are going to run. They need players there for whole summer working on basketball and playing together. I hope our new athletic director of training can add some to team by helping them improving jumping, quickness and strength improving there performance on the court too.

This is a bold prediction and also a nominee for next years Preposterous Statement Tournament but I think Jocie Schiller is going to be our Caitlin Clark. Now what I mean by that is she’s going to help rejuvenate our fan base to back what we had in the D2 days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see that DJ Davis is committing to Moorhead State. It’s been quiet on replacement of assistant coach and few remaining roster spots.

SDSU looks to be monster of team for next year and may be one of the best Summit conference has had. NDSU should be number two team but with loss of Heaven Hamling through graduation and Ellie Evan’s through the portal  will need to have several girls step up to keep them in second place. ORU should improve but will need to play some defense. USD with Larkins will be in the top four. Rest of Summit conference will all battle to compete with top four.

This going to be critical year for Mallory if she will have future at UND. The AD is going to have to be on top this program. I still believe if UND can start put together teams that can compete in Summit and be considered for NCAA tournaments this could become one of most successful sports. But it’s going to take improvement in coaching and AD developing this program. let’s face it Basketball is fan favorite if you have teams that compete look how popular women’s basketball with NCAA  was this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, und1995 said:

I guess we'll learn if small town North Dakota translates to DI basketball. We really need to get stronger under the basket. South Dakota schools seem to do okay with them.