SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

Nightmare scenario as it currently stands for the NCAA Tournament Committee.....things will change, but as of today I would not envy them.

Natural layout.

BC, Maine, Quinnipiac, Bemidji State

BU, Wisconsin, Michigan, R.I.T.

UND, Minnesota, Colorado College, Massachusetts

Denver, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Providence

last teams out Nebraska Omaha and SCSU.

Issues....Michigan vs. Wisconsin needs to be changed. How do they keep top 2 seeds out East with Massachusetts being a host team and as a 4 seed and not able to matchup against either of them. Providence is not host team but I am sure they would like to keep them in Providence if they could. What if Nebraska Omaha moves up and knocks Providence out? Do you then move UND or Denver out East and Bring BU west?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Nightmare scenario as it currently stands for the NCAA Tournament Committee.....things will change, but as of today I would not envy them.

Natural layout.

Issues....Michigan vs. Wisconsin needs to be changed. How do they keep top 2 seeds out East with Massachusetts being a host team and as a 4 seed and not able to matchup against either of them. Providence is not host team but I am sure they would like to keep them in Providence if they could. What if Nebraska Omaha moves up and knocks Providence out? Do you then move UND or Denver out East and Bring BU west?

Will be very interesting to follow 

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

Think UND will be a 2 seed, they somehow do that

will be a repeat of past regionals, no frozen 4 

Great Attitude. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Goon said:

Great Attitude. 

I guess maybe I shouldn’t base it on the way the Vikings do things, 

‘my biggest fear is a hot goalie , they seem to find us 

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Natural layout.

My fear is in this scenario they would keep bracket integrity as much as possible and send UND out East with UMass. Many of the Sioux Falls tickets have already been sold so I doubt they'd be that worried about attendance.

46 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So we can all just stop watching and get ready for golf season? :silly:

No, i wouldn’t do that 

We are a group on the cliff.  It's okay everyone....

Mark my words.  Omaha won't win on the road to get to the X.  They are likely at CC, won't happen.  They'll slumber at 15 or 16 and then an upset and they are out.  Best case for Omaha would be getting Denver and beating them at Magness....ha....ha....hahaha.... we know how things get officiated at Magness.

We will be in Sioux Falls.  I'd put @Oxbow6's season tickets on it. 

49 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I also wouldn't assume the worst about this team until it actually happens. If they underachieve in the playoffs, I will be the first to point it out. 

I’m just curious why some say the players played so bad last night and why that might happen, I know you can’t be at the top of your game every night

i think some matchups are just tougher to play against sort of like CC.

seems like Brad S had a pretty good handle on what would happen last night.

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

We are a group on the cliff.  It's okay everyone....

Mark my words.  Omaha won't win on the road to get to the X.  They are likely at CC, won't happen.  They'll slumber at 15 or 16 and then an upset and they are out.  Best case for Omaha would be getting Denver and beating them at Magness....ha....ha....hahaha.... we know how things get officiated at Magness.

We will be in Sioux Falls.  I'd put @Oxbow6's season tickets on it. 

Hey @Wilbur, you're not supposed to bring positivity to this group. I feel the same way. To the Mavericks, this weekend's games are their superbowl. 

34 minutes ago, Kab said:

I’m just curious why some say the players played so bad last night and why that might happen, I know you can’t be at the top of your game every night.

I think some matchups are just tougher to play against sort of like CC.

Earlier today, Schloss tweeted that UND is 2-4 in games following Penrose Clinching games. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Kab said:

He predicted a 3-2 Omaha win in game one. :0
He also predicted a 4-1 UND win in game two. Let’s hope he’s right yet again. 

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

He predicted a 3-2 Omaha win in game one. :0
He also predicted a 4-1 UND win in game two. Let’s hope he’s right yet again. 

If he predicts the series correctly, we might want to drink what he's drinking. 

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

Natural layout.

Ship Denver out East and put BU in The midwest problem solved 

2 hours ago, Kab said:

I’m just curious why some say the players played so bad last night and why that might happen, I know you can’t be at the top of your game every night

i think some matchups are just tougher to play against sort of like CC.

I agree on matchups.  UNO plays an "old-fashioned" Dean Blais style of high pressure (watch how many times three forwards are deep in the attack zone), which can result in a lot of "riding time".   We didn't adapt as well last night as in previous games vs UNO.  Holding them to 3 goals was fine, but if we're going to win tonight I think we need to score our "normal" 4.  (Last night we had a lot of chances late to tie it but couldn't convert.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Goon said:

Hey @Wilbur, you're not supposed to bring positivity to this group. I feel the same way. To the Mavericks, this weekend's games are their superbowl. 

Buy or sell:

A team that has never made the X has to string together games on the road to make a push for a postseason at large bid....

I'm selling....

• Upvote 1

If UND ends up getting sent out East so be it.  It is the bed they made for themselves.   Couldn't beat CC one and then decide to take the this weekend off.  All the talent to win it all but wouldn't be surprised if they are one and done either.