SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

There are quite a few bigs that are still uncommitted on the top 150 JUCO list- but not sure if they are qualifiers or have baggage issues- but there is still time to find a big that can play 15 mpg

57 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I'm not sure, but we need a big man.

Amar as our only 5, and undersized at that, is not making me feel great. 

has hurlburt announced he's for davidson yet like sd says?  if not can bonzer and holth get him some more money and change his mind?

2 for 1 long islands tonight at bonzers to raise some money

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

has hurlburt announced he's for davidson yet like sd says?  if not can bonzer and holth get him some more money and change his mind?

2 for 1 long islands tonight at bonzers to raise some money

He’s announced. He did not want to come back to North Dakota 

7 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Cal has had 9 guys from the portal commit including some guys that certainly could cut into BJ’s minutes. Wonder how it will shake out. 

Definitely not ideal for him. Love Andrej Stojakovic’s game. The Air Force kid looks good. They got JOJ. Tough spot for BJ, wonder what he was told while they were recruiting him 

6 minutes ago, SD UND said:

oops I forgot we have to be blindly supportive of guys leaving.

I dont think anyone said or implied that, I think most of us are fans of BJ’s game and appreciated his 2 years on campus and hope the best for him. I’m not going to pray on a kid’s downfall just because he made a decision to leave. Not like he left to transfer to NDSU 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I dont think anyone said or implied that, I think most of us are fans of BJ’s game and appreciated his 2 years on campus and hope the best for him. I’m not going to pray on a kid’s downfall just because he made a decision to leave. Not like he left to transfer to NDSU 

I'm not praying on a downfall- it's a simple prediction based on who he is as a player and what has happened in the portal.

36 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I'm not praying on a downfall- it's a simple prediction based on who he is as a player and what has happened in the portal.

Obviously I can’t read your mind but I just get the feeling that every kid that enters the portal from UND or elsewhere you think/want to fail at their next school. Maybe Im too optimistic but I’d rather see guys succeed especially guys that I have been cheering for. I might not like/agree with the decisions they make to leave and where they go but at the end of the day the players are going to do what they feel is best for themselves.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Enough portal talk though, does anyone know who UND is looking at with the last scholarships? Any visits coming up? I saw they were talking to Luca Colceag a 6’9” forward from Eastern Florida 

2 scholarships open now with Paneom not coming here 

30 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Obviously I can’t read your mind but I just get the feeling that every kid that enters the portal from UND or elsewhere you think/want to fail at their next school. Maybe Im too optimistic but I’d rather see guys succeed especially guys that I have been cheering for. I might not like/agree with the decisions they make to leave and where they go but at the end of the day the players are going to do what they feel is best for themselves.

If my wife left me for someone who makes more money because it is in her best interest… I would not wish her the best and thank her for her time 

8 minutes ago, SD UND said:

If my wife left me for someone who makes more money because it is in her best interest… I would not wish her the best and thank her for her time 

:D this might be my favorite post of this forum. I would say a coworker leaving for a higher paying job with a more prestigious company might be a better example 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, McBuckets said:

What is wrong with hoping they don’t find success.  Support the hell out of them while wearing Green and White, they are like any other player when they choose to leave.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2