SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

32 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

So much for wanting to be close to a sick family member 

Tyree.  Had a great half season at UND now collecting some dollars.  Tyree really helps us and he helped himself.  New world in the portal.  One year plan is what is all about.  NCAA screwed everybody.

9 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Tyree.  Had a great half season at UND now collecting some dollars.  Tyree really helps us and he helped himself.  New world in the portal.  One year plan is what is all about.  NCAA screwed everybody.

Would love to see the numbers- Mason Walters reportedly got 40K from Wyoming- Does Wyoming have enough to fork over more and how much more??? My guess is less than 100K

On 4/16/2024 at 10:37 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

northern state big man over the big bad uc buffs big man?

I said what I said...haha!

I've seen them both play...Moni > Hurlburt...and I'll stand by that.

24 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I said what I said...haha!

I've seen them both play...Moni > Hurlburt...and I'll stand by that.

To be fair no one has seen Hurlburt play for 2 years. If I had to guess he could’ve put up some decent numbers at Northern State 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

To be fair no one has seen Hurlburt play for 2 years. If I had to guess he could’ve put up some decent numbers at Northern State 

Exactly. I know recruiting/rankings aren’t a perfect science but Hurlburt had offers from basically the entire Big 10. I think there’s probably some talent there and like you said he would have probably done just fine/great at Northern State too. Comparing apples to oranges. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

On WCCO last night Mike Max said Payne from gophers is gonna get $700k+ somewhere else.  Also hinted the SU big man is approaching 7 figures but wasn’t definite on that. Looks like he went to Nebraska. 

I don't know for certain... but I would be floored if this is close to true.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Exactly. I know recruiting/rankings aren’t a perfect science but Hurlburt had offers from basically the entire Big 10. I think there’s probably some talent there and like you said he would have probably done just fine/great at Northern State too. Comparing apples to oranges. 

Moni came in at Northern and averaged 14/5 as a Freshman...has never been anything but productive in Aberdeen and shoots 86% from the FT line and 35% from 3 as a 6'10" big man (up to 21/8 this past year).  He should have been in the Summit to start with but was raw coming out of HS...he grew up quickly in Aberdeen though!

The Hurlburt twins couldn't get their high school team out of the Region 1 tournament and Joe couldn't find his way to the floor in two years in Boulder.  Not saying he's a complete bust but there's a lot of unknown with him.  And I'll be honest I'm not sure he'd have done as well as Moni at Northern...

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

On WCCO last night Mike Max said Payne from gophers is gonna get $700k+ somewhere else.  Also hinted the SU big man is approaching 7 figures but wasn’t definite on that. Looks like he went to Nebraska. 

I'm guessing that 7 was a typo and was meant to be a 6 because there is absolutely no chance Morgan is getting even remotely close to that amount from Nebraska. 

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I'm guessing that 7 was a typo and was meant to be a 6 because there is absolutely no chance Morgan is getting even remotely close to that amount from Nebraska. 

Correct.

I'm honestly thinking it's probably less than that even... I'm thinking 50K-80K

26 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

He is a goofball and mispronounces names all the time so it’s very possible.  On the screen it did show $700k as the price for Payne. 

On 4/15/2024 at 8:32 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Tyree to Wyoming. 

Thinking the academic standards are a but easier with the Cowboys than the Tommies. This might raise the GPA for both UND and Wyoming.

23 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Wishing the best for Brooks. Thought he could have had a nice career here but was clear he was out of Sather’s plans by conference play this season. 

Where'd he go?  (I'm not on twitter, er, X)