SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Gameday: Denver at the Ralph

Absolutely loved the effort tonight.  Best game they have played this year.  Coupled with St Cloud losing in OT to Omaha, Sioux have first place by 2 points.  DU will be hungry for some points tomorrow; let's see how our boys respond.  You have your foot on their neck...now it's time to step down hard.;)

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

That boy has got some wheels!

He could have had 3-4 goals with all this chances tonight.  He's really finding his groove in college hockey.
We saw glimpses last season, especially near the end of the year.
This year he kicked it up another notch.

Not looking past this year...but I can't wait to watch him develop even more as an upperclassman.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

James is gonna be a top 6 NHLer

Needs to improve on finishing if that is going to be the case.  If that happens UND is going to be loaded with scoring talent.

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Easy there anti-Redite

Red runs in my family.  NCIS has a tendency to recruit red for actors.  I think it a subtext of the show.  Plus I posted it to make us smile during a very tense time in the game.

What A Game.  Never trailed. Very fast- by both teams. Great D. Great snipes. Dominated all aspects overall. Just a joy to have watched.

I feel sorry for all you fans not able to watch in person- this one was well worth it!!

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Absolutely loved the effort tonight.  Best game they have played this year.  Coupled with St Cloud losing in OT to Omaha, Sioux have first place by 2 points.  DU will be hungry for some points tomorrow; let's see how our boys respond.  You have your foot on their neck...now it's time to step down hard.;)

Let em starve

• Upvote 2

This is totally knit picking after a terrifically played game......but a couple guys still have to be wiser in the offensive zone when having the puck one on 2/3/4 to just dump it below the red line. There were a number bad plays/passes that resulted in a quick DU transition the other way.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, burd said:

Anyone notice ol gfhockey didn’t cheer when UND won?  :D

He was getting investment advice from Mr Wonderful post game......

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tnt said:

Needs to improve on finishing if that is going to be the case.  If that happens UND is going to be loaded with scoring talent.

I think he'll have a long career in the bottom six, which is not an insult.  He's built for a role there with his explosive speed, and potentially being able to eat up PK minutes makes him even more valuable.  

James starting to bust out.  Elite level skating.  Kid really epitomizes that you are never a good enough skater and continues to get better in that regard.

Going to get a counter punch from Denver today.  Hope they respond. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

James is gonna be a top 6 NHLer

This might date me but I remember well when Matt Frattin was a younger player like DJ and I see some parallels between their trajectories.  Obviously this was prior to Frattin getting kicked off the team. Frattin was creating a ton of opportunities for himself, he was faster to the puck than most and the more his confidence grew the more opportunities there were. He just couldn’t put the puck in the net consistently. He missed more open nets, and hit more posts than anyone. In our little Monday morning quarterback, discussion group back then, we talked about how close he was and if he could just start hitting some of those corners and slowed the game down one more millisecond and started potting some of those misses, oh boy what would he become. I’m very excited about DJ. Because I think he could be better. He has intangibles that could make him very special. Maybe not today, but fingers crossed.

That was the most physical game I have seen out of the team that I have seen for some time. Maybe DU brings it out in is, but it made our defense up and down the ice so much more effective. Both our forwards ad D men were taking the body very effectively. No big hits drawing penalties-just good solid hockey. And DU don’t like it. 

• Upvote 1