SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel

I Ranger

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how all these Gopher fans flock to ss.com...Kinda reminds me of the commerical played after the Superbowl..."Hey you just won't the Superbowl"....what are you going to do ...."Well I'm going to SS.com!!!"...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe this is Disneyland :blush:

He signed with the Goofers, so he is now the enemy. I don't care about this getting to see him in the WCHA crap. I would have rather seen him go out to BU and play than to play for the Goofs. Let the Goofs get all the attention next year, the Sioux have a very good class coming in and a regional at the Ralph. I am fine with flying under the radar for once.

Well heck...looks like its all over then for the next few years...

Anyone interested in buying my season tickets? Two seats, second row from the ice.

Jeepers, the WCHA will probably cancel the season next year and just give the Cup to the Goofies.

Can someone point me in the right direction of finding information about UND's recruiting classes? Specifically, I'm interested in finding out where we rank compared to other schools with regards to our incoming recruits. Thanks! :blush:

TJ Oshie and Brian Lee are playing on TV. I don't know who else we are getting. There is a new crop of Shattuck kids and some guys from BC. There is a superstar from Winnipeg who is comingthis way too.

Kessel is a fine player. I watched him in the WJC. He is not be all or end all yet. A lot of people thought Barry Tallackson was going to be a superstar in this league and he was a bust. I have to think that Kessel's mind is a little warped after seeing the hype and all that encouraged by his Dad.

come on guys, I wish he wasnt going to minnesota also but comparing him to

Barry Tallakson,not even close,this kid is considered perhaps the top pick in the nhl draft, Barry wasnt even close to that,not even close,give the kid his due ,he is the real deal and he is a future Gopher,just start counting the days till he moves on from them,it cant come to soon

Congrats to UM on the big recruiting win. I heard that what really sealed the deal was that Kessel liked the fact that all the Gophers agreed to get perms last year in a show of team unity. That, and the fact that Donny Boy has the team over before games to watch Beaches to get fired up. Gopher fans better hope that his girlfriend doesn't dump him first semester and send him into a tailspin.

All kidding aside, Kessel will be a great player. I saw him play the WJ and he sure seems like the real deal. Sioux-Gopher series will be great the next few years. I just wish Greene would stay around one more year to provide Philly with the proper welcome. :blush:

Congrats to UM on the big recruiting win.  I heard that what really sealed the deal was that Kessel liked the fact that all the Gophers agreed to get perms last year in a show of team unity.  That, and the fact that Donny Boy has the team over before games to watch Beaches to get fired up.  Gopher fans better hope that his girlfriend doesn't dump him first semester and send him into a tailspin.

All kidding aside, Kessel will be a great player.  I saw him play the WJ and he sure seems like the real deal.  Sioux-Gopher series will be great the next few years.  I just wish Greene would stay around one more year to provide Philly with the proper welcome.  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Safe to assume Phil would also like Greene to stick around another year too...that way he can work on his power-play moves.

TJ Oshie and Brian Lee are playing on TV.  I don't know who else we are getting.  There is a new crop of Shattuck kids and some guys from BC.  There is a superstar from Winnipeg who is comingthis way too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like Homer Simpson's explanation of our recruiting class. :blush::D

Congrats to the Gophers, Kessel is a great recruit and will add a lot of scoring to a very tough team already.  Thankfully, the games are played on the ice, so it will be a while until we can say who had a better recruiting class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off but why are people congratulating the Gopher fans on their pick up today. Actually who fricken cares if they got Phil Kessel. If I am not mistaken UND got a player just as good in Johnathon Toews. Besides we have 3/10 Mr hockey candidates from Minnesota. Like I told my brother we also have 3 of the top four players in the BCHL coming to Minnesota. Blah, blah...

Championship for the next year are actually won on the ice and not in the recruiting battels.

Phil Kessel will not be a Barry Talackson!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I would say that Blake Wheeler is probably the next Barry Talackson. I say him play in the Jr All Star game and he wasn't that impressive in my opinion.

He signed with the Goofers, so he is now the enemy. I don't care about this getting to see him in the WCHA crap. I would have rather seen him go out to BU and play than to play for the Goofs. Let the Goofs get all the attention next year, the Sioux have a very good class coming in and a regional at the Ralph. I am fine with flying under the radar for once.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bingo, how soon the Gopher fans forget there is a class that just as good if not better than Up North Dakota. All I can say is bring them on.

I remember Kessel continuously getting stuffed at the blue line in the games after Sweden. The same move got old and the defense knew how to play him.

So now does UW push the NCAA on the recruiting violation by Goldy?!? :blush:

Here's a strange one:

Apparently the UW Fox sports announcers cannot comment on Kessel due to the NCAA rules. I wonder if McCrappo and Wooger will do the same.

I'm guessing radio announcers aren't held to the same standard?

As a loyal Sioux fan, when comparing the Sioux's recruiting class to the rodent's, I like how our class stacks up - stud from Winnipeg that could be as good if not better than Kessel, the top scorers from the Canadien league and some more SSM pipeline. All I hear from the rodent's is blah blah blah.

Wow is this site full of Skippys today.........The Obsession continues

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet here you are, posting in a thread about a Gopher recruit. :)

Lots of sticky keyboards in Gooferville today.

I think the Sioux will do just fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course they will be just fine, so why are so many Sioux fans being so defensive over this signing? UND has a great recruiting class coming in next year and arguing about which class is better - 7 months before any of these kids play a mintue of college hockey - is a bit premature. Nevermind there's a current season yet to be finished.

Who is this Kessel guy that gets a long thread on the wrong school's forum?  :huh:  The only Kessel I know is a guy in the World Juniors that couldn't make a pass if the game depended on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kessel is the leading scorer for the U.S. Under-18 team with 30 goals and 28 assists in 31 games this season. The Red Line Report, an independent international scouting service, ranks the 6-foot, 185-pound 17-year-old number one among all players available for the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. I repeat - none of this is a gurantee for success, but cripes I'm pretty sure none of you would be trying to pick him apart like this if he had chosen UND.