SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel

I Ranger

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rodents really got a good one in Kessel, it will be interesting to see the "border" line next year, Kessel-Potulny-Irmen. We've got a great incoming class too. The next couple years will be great battling with the rodents. I for one am excited the way the WCHA is shaping up, teams like ND, Minn, Denver, CC, Wisconsin, and UMD all seem to be getting great talent.

According to Tim and Tim during tonights pregame, they said the coaching staff still hasn't decided whether to bring Oshie in next year or let him play a year in the USHL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like he is going to play some Jr hockey after the Highschool season and see how he does. Sounds like its up in the air wether Oshie is going to come next year of the year after.

Sounds like he is going to play some Jr hockey after the Highschool season and see how he does. Sounds like its up in the air wether Oshie is going to come next year of the year after.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With Miller's recent injury, I wonder if they might ask Brad to stay an extra year and bring Oshie in this year.

According to Tim and Tim during tonights pregame, they said the coaching staff still hasn't decided whether to bring Oshie in next year or let him play a year in the USHL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As with almost all MSHSL players a year of juniors wouldn't hurt him. He is clearly one of the top players in either state tourney this year, but there were several plays against Totino that he couldn't quite get as strong of a shot as he wanted.

The stupid f'n referee wrecked the AA final. NOT COOL.

As with almost all MSHSL players a year of juniors wouldn't hurt him. He is clearly one of the top players in either state tourney this year, but there were several plays against Totino that he couldn't quite get as strong of a shot as he wanted.

The stupid f'n referee wrecked the AA final. NOT COOL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

6-5 final AHA wins. Too bad for Moorhead they finished second again. They have like 6 second place finishes.

6-5 final AHA wins. Too bad for Moorhead they finished second again. They have like 6 second place finishes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They should present the ref with the 1st place trophy for waving off that goal... :D

AHA deserved to win that game, but it's a travesty that Moorhead goal was waved off so the teams could decide it on the ice. Who knows what would have happened if that goal had been counted. Maybe Moorhead doesn't score with one minute left and the outcome doesn't change. But you don't know, and it was suck to be on the losing end of that one.

Moorhead didn't do a good job of getting the puck deep into AHA's end. I'm no expert but Nanne pointed that out and I had to agree after watching Moorhead repeatedly try to stickhandle through a wall of defensemen at the blue line. That gave AHA too many chances, and removed too many for Moorhead, who had a pretty good forecheck going.

Lee didn't seem to have a great game but was more noticeable in the last several minutes. VandeVelde was a machine out there.

I echo the sentiments that I'd prefer Oshie to play a year in the USHL, but if it means that Hakstol has to recruit a "body" who will take up space for 4 years (we've got too many of those now) then might as well bring Oshie in and try to recruit a strong forward in his place for the following year. This late in the year there might not be too many Kessell's left on the table. :D

I echo the sentiments that I'd prefer Oshie to play a year in the USHL, but if it means that Hakstol has to recruit a "body" who will take up space for 4 years (we've got too many of those now) then might as well bring Oshie in and try to recruit a strong forward in his place for the following year.
Edited by Goon

They should present the ref with the 1st place trophy for waving off that goal... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. AHA played hard and earned the trophy. They should present the official with an AHA jersey though. I mean, with him on the ice, the Spuds should have had a power play most of the game. Too many men on the ice. :D

I wonder if Kessel would have committed to  Wisconsin, if Lucia would have sent his allstar recruiting team to try and change his mind (breaking NCAA rules) like they did with Zack Parise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see why we should care.

Kessel is going to be scary, but he isn't the whole team. Ryan Potulny looked scary for the first half of the season. Second half, not so much.

Teams adapt to learn other teams' strengths. Kessel will be scary for the first half of the season. He'll still be scary the second, but not as much. We'll learn how to counter him.

The same thing was said of Earl. No one could stop him early in the season.

Vanek was a good player offensively. I want to see how much of a two way player Kessel really is. If he can play defensive forward as well as his offensive skills seem to be, then I'll be worried.

Remember, one player doesn't make the team.

I wonder if Kessel would have committed to  Wisconsin, if Lucia would have sent his allstar recruiting team to try and change his mind (breaking NCAA rules) like they did with Zack Parise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get over it. Nanne and Somner went as friends of the family. They just happen to have ties with the U. They had known Zach all of his life, Lucia had nothing to do with it.