SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. DU round two

Overall, this was a VERY good weekend for UND hockey.  4 out of a possible 6 points, winning in come from behind fashion, winning against a top 3 team in the country, BC looses a bad one, and a couple other games broke their way to put them on top of the pairwise.  Take care of CC next weekend,  rest up and enjoy the holidays, and come back and leave no doubt...this is gonna be a fun second half, I think

• Upvote 4

Still #1 in Pairwise. BC dropped an ugly one. We’re still doing well. Overall I am satisfied. Took 4/6 on the road against DU. Solid. Let’s go Sweep CC at home before Christmas and start the second half strong! At least we get DU at home again in Jan. We can fully sweep them then. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

After the terrible start friday night UND played a really good game on Saturday. DU was very good defensively and didn't give a lot of good looks. I don't think the goalie was tested all that much compared to friday's game. Once DU tied it in the 3rd it seemed they took all the energy (in postgame interview Berry didn't think his team was tired...) and momentum. They had quite a few good scoring chances. UND was very close to losing that game in the 3rd but survived to OT. Hopefully we don't see certain players on 3 on 3 ever again. But it's Berry so we know that's not gonna happen. We ended the weekend #1 in the pairwise with BC losing a game so a pretty successful weekend I'd say.

Bubs is 6-2-1 since the 3v3 ot was implemented. I think he knows what he’s doing…. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

I grit my teeth with DU fans going into the fact they have 9 National Championships to our 8. 

I want to say we could have nine if not for Covid. Possibly 10 if Michigan wasn’t such a batch of cheating $)&&))

I hope for nine this year with this team but pucks make odd bounces.  Still hoping though. 

Imagine what 4 rounds of playoffs would look like although it will never be feasible at the college level.   No one and done but there would be several teams without a championship as well.  It would probably come down to the any of the 6 to 8 usual's every year.  Maybe not a good thing for college hockey?   

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

I grit my teeth with DU fans going into the fact they have 9 National Championships to our 8. 

I want to say we could have nine if not for Covid. Possibly 10 if Michigan wasn’t such a batch of cheating $)&&))

I hope for nine this year with this team but pucks make odd bounces.  Still hoping though. 

I care a lot less about bragging rights to banners than I should, but UMich has so many because it was good in the hula hoop era, when they used magazines for shin pads.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

Overall, this was a VERY good weekend for UND hockey.  4 out of a possible 6 points, winning in come from behind fashion, winning against a top 3 team in the country, BC looses a bad one, and a couple other games broke their way to put them on top of the pairwise.  Take care of CC next weekend,  rest up and enjoy the holidays, and come back and leave no doubt...this is gonna be a fun second half, I think

Good post. I don’t think you can emphasize too much the importance of playing our best hockey this weekend against a capable team. We need a sweep to go into the break on a positive note and remain toward the top in both the league and pairwise. Leave no doubt in either the minds of our players nor our opponents that this is a team on a mission to win it all. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Bubs is 6-2-1 since the 3v3 ot was implemented. I think he knows what he’s doing…. 

The players in question have only been on this team this season so 2-1-1 record this season. With goalies changing ends in ot have to be smart when going for a line change. Britt with a bad pass that DU intercepts to go the other way. Johannes was there but decides to go to the bench. 2 on 1 the other way. Puck position is so important. That pass should have never happened. Britt had all the time in the world. Should have skated back to his own end to regoup and get Johannes off the ice.

7 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Good post. I don’t think you can emphasize too much the importance of playing our best hockey this weekend against a capable team. We need a sweep to go into the break on a positive note and remain toward the top in both the league and pairwise. Leave no doubt in either the minds of our players nor our opponents that this is a team on a mission to win it all. 

Leave no doubt is my favorite quote from Remember the Titans...."RUN IT UP HERMAN!...LEAVE NO DOUBT!"

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Thought his insults hurled at UND, AIC, Lindenwood and Johannes regarding academics were completely out of line and unprofessional for someone in that position.

Agreed.  I heard them talking about that and cringed as well.
Not a good look for their broadcast team.

35 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Agreed.  I heard them talking about that and cringed as well.
Not a good look for their broadcast team.

Paging the NCHC....is it okay for the conference to be associated with statements like that on a stream that thousands pay the NCHC for?

On 12/3/2023 at 4:17 AM, Oxbow6 said:

@Godsmack you and the Mrs. heading to the 701 for the CC series?

Unfortunately, no. However, we do plan on getting up to GF sometimes in the second half of the season for a home series.

My wife’s been to a CC/UND series at the Ralph (during the dreadful Mike Haviland era) and let’s just say she didn’t have a very good time. UND curb stomped the Kittens but every UND fan around us felt sorry for her as she sat there watching with her Tiger ears and jersey on. She was very impressed with how nice and gracious UND fans were. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Unfortunately, no. However, we do plan on getting up to GF sometimes in the second half of the season for a home series.

My wife’s been to a CC/UND series at the Ralph (during the dreadful Mike Haviland era) and let’s just say she didn’t have a very good time. UND curb stomped the Kittens but every UND fan around us felt sorry for her as she sat there watching with her Tiger ears and jersey on. She was very impressed with how nice and gracious UND fans were. 

Even when those high-flying CC teams were giving UND fits, I don't recall Sioux fans expressing disrespect for CC or its fans.  I may have just missed it, cause those CC teams were dam good.   

9 minutes ago, burd said:

Even when those high-flying CC teams were giving UND fits, I don't recall Sioux fans expressing disrespect for CC or its fans.  I may have just missed it, cause those CC teams were dam good.   

Yah, I didn’t ever get the sense there was much animosity between CC and UND, players and fans alike. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Yah, I didn’t ever get the sense there was much animosity between CC and UND, players and fans alike. 

More like respect, I think, for another small school with a strong hockey niche--quite unlike the UMinn rivalry.   UW was different too.   Big school and an intense rival, but I recall moving to Wisconsin in "84 (from nonhockey country prior to internet) and finding that Badger fans had a lot of respect for UND hockey and thought the rivalry was fun.   But Wiscovites love to party, so there's that.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Always liked CC's teams as they brought a lot of skill and skating without the douche-iness of the Gofers.:D