SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

51 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

What a blessing to have 6 full ride D1 scholarship offers! More could be coming too! Happy for the kid! 

I agree.  Good for him. 
I’ll just be happy when this whole Covid year thing is done. Sam’s had 4 seasons of college football and is just finishing at a JC as a sophomore. He’s not alone in that. 
Autman-Bell just finished his 7th season at UM. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, homer said:

I’d take Robertson back at UND.  Had a solid first year.  An example of the transfer portal grass not always being greener.  Likely cost him two years as a starter

The way he left made that not an option.  He screwed up his college career about as badly as one person could with his talent level

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bubba? Fire?

We have efforted and received video from that speech ... 

eeyore-14h0x6tq0egvpjnk.gif

Nice - making fun of the head coach on a public forum - setting an excellent example. I thought we had plenty of those handling that responsibility - or perhaps it's just one under six different names. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Nice - making fun of the head coach on a public forum - setting an excellent example. I thought we had plenty of those handling that responsibility - or perhaps it's just one under six different names. 

Bubba is employed in college football, a highly public profession where you are judged (in part) by wins and losses. I think he gets that and has a thick skin, unlike some people on this forum.

• Upvote 1

Pretty quiet out there. What are we thinking the strategy is? Trying to get targets on campus this weekend and offering at that time? Start offers early next week and try to get them on campus next weekend? 20th is coming soon and there are some major needs that need to be filled via the portal. 

54 minutes ago, AJS said:

Pretty quiet out there. What are we thinking the strategy is? Trying to get targets on campus this weekend and offering at that time? Start offers early next week and try to get them on campus next weekend? 20th is coming soon and there are some major needs that need to be filled via the portal. 

It's always in the mid 50's in GF in December!!

1 hour ago, AJS said:

get better players and try to coach them / motivate them better 

Haven't been on the site for about 10-11 days as was getting ready for a trip to NYC. This is the first thread I'm catching up on. After I saw the McNaboe one I was like oh crap.....and I still had 12 pages to read. Thankfully the last 8 pages was all just back and forth banter. All in all unless someone else major enters....we hopefully survived a portal run. Now hopefully we can add some guys and end up being on the positive side. I think the last few years the portal has been a net positive for UND football, hoping that ends up being the case again this year. We obviously won't transfer in an OL as good as Kilty but as many have said can't blame him for leaving. At least the OL has some depth and talent to build on. 

10 years into being a HC and now Bubba is going to have some fire? Hard to think too much will change, but since he is going to be here at least another year hopefully something does. Am looking forward to a potentially much better deep ball passing game next year and having a QB where we can call 5-6 designed runs a game next year and him actually be a threat on the ground. 

15 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

10 years into being a HC and now Bubba is going to have some fire? Hard to think too much will change, but since he is going to be here at least another year hopefully something does. Am looking forward to a potentially much better deep ball passing game next year and having a QB where we can call 5-6 designed runs a game next year and him actually be a threat on the ground. 

nepotistic hire and here we are. Need to do better from the top (athletic director and hiring process) down. Wake me up when we have new competent leadership. Until then, I’ll be present, but sleep walking. UND football at present is so content with slightly above average. 

need major overhaul … otherwise I again suspect a lack of control at the line of scrimmage in 2024

On 12/6/2023 at 3:37 PM, AJS said:

Some guys the coaching staff are following on X that are intriguing to me. 

• Jonathan Bunce (OLB) - St. Thomas
  • Jordan Knapke (SS/OLB) - UNC
  • Khai West (DB) - Mankato
  • Owen Goss (DB) - Colgate
  • Jimmy Buck (WR) - St. John's

Let's get some of those guys offers! 

Early signing day is in 10 days. Let’s see some offers!

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2023 at 6:35 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Bubba is employed in college football, a highly public profession where you are judged (in part) by wins and losses. I think he gets that and has a thick skin, unlike some people on this forum.

Even if he doesn't have thick skin, he called always just say#biteme