SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Elijah Klein is probably the most under utilized player in the team. Such a big body and Target out there. But he doesn’t run screens so he is never out there. The guy could be a stud and Danny doesn’t use him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him transfer out of here next season. What a shame. 

Probably why Conklin has blocked Bubba's #

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Postgame video. Next step for progression seems obvious, but there’s still at least one game this season, basically a playoff game.

If the game was in Normal, IL, I would say our season will end next Saturday.  UND plays great at home, but this will be a tough matchup for us.  ISU will be much like UNI.  Would love to see Bubba-coached UND get to the next level, I just don't think it will ever happen.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is Bubba claiming their DBs were holding and it was uncalled? 

That’s how I interpreted it. So, apparently officials are the reason UND offense shut down? 

Honestly, this makes Bubba and Freund look worse. Even more reason UND should have been running the ball more …..

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Would love to see Bubba-coached UND get to the next level, I just don't think it will ever happen.

The sample size at this point is beyond sufficient. 4 years is considered sufficient by most ADs around the country. Unfortunately, at UND, we wait a decade-plus, I guess. UND is not getting to the next level (better than 7-4 program) with Bubba. Period.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The sample size at this point is beyond sufficient. 4 years is considered sufficient by most ADs around the country. Unfortunately, at UND, we wait a decade-plus, I guess. UND is not getting to the next level (better than 7-4 program) with Bubba. Period.

Unfortunately you are correct.  With Bubba in charge, UND will find a way to between 5 and 7 wins, with all but 1 or 2 wins coming at the Alerus Center. 

39 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If the game was in Normal, IL, I would say our season will end next Saturday.  UND plays great at home, but this will be a tough matchup for us.  ISU will be much like UNI.  Would love to see Bubba-coached UND get to the next level, I just don't think it will ever happen.

I don’t know if my memory is correct or not but I think the last time we played at home we went to overtime with a winless football team. Doesn’t give a whole lot of confidence for next Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I don’t know if my memory is correct or not but I think the last time we played at home we went to overtime with a winless football team. Doesn’t give a whole lot of confidence for next Saturday. 

That is true, but we do generally play well at home. And with a playoff bid on the line and if being senior day, I expect the guys will be ready to play and we'll have a good game. I expect a win. 

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I agree.  We have not played well since NDSU.  This is ISU last 5 games...

Indiana St 44-7

@YSU 38-41

UNI 21-24

@Missouri St 36-35

Murray St 44-7

20 hours ago, petey23 said:

Is this a chicken or egg situation on offense? Is Danny's playcalling limited because our QB is limited?

Trey needs to start next weekend. We have scored 3 points and zero touchdowns the last two games against legit FCS opponents.

no chance trey sees the field........at this point it's tommy or bust.

this game will also tell us if tommy is the starter next year too.....if we win and if we get into the playoffs win or lose tommy two gloves starts in Ames........rinse and repeat.

7-4

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That’s how I interpreted it. So, apparently officials are the reason UND offense shut down? 

Honestly, this makes Bubba and Freund look worse. Even more reason UND should have been running the ball more …..

A lot of complaining on here that Bubba just accepts the bad calls and never reacts. 

I think this is his way of getting the narrative out there and maybe impact the next time we have that crew or play USD.  I don't have a problem with that at all.  Hopefully combine it with some video to the league office.  

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this game will also tell us if tommy is the starter next year too.....if we win and if we get into the playoffs win or lose tommy two gloves starts in Ames........rinse and repeat.

7-4

I want to see a whole bunch of new faces in Ames. On and off the field. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

That is true, but we do generally play well at home. And with a playoff bid on the line and if being senior day, I expect the guys will be ready to play and we'll have a good game. I expect a win. 

Good points - although there have been several times - mostly since the Bison game - that I have expected the guys to be ready to play.  

Such an inconsistent team, which probably means we just aren't very good.  D plays well, O plays terrible one week.  O plays well, D looks like a sieve vs. Murray and ISU.  Seems we caught lightning in a bottle and everything went right vs. NDSU.  Odd but that's what teams that just aren't great do.  

Maybe working in the run game more in the 2nd half would have worked, although it seemed we were pretty committed to it in the first half and only scored 3 points so idk.  

Have been a Tommy backer but am ready to move on.  All of the drop back and hesitate and then scramble is getting old - have a hard time believing there is no one open.  Plus the lack of the ability to throw a deep ball - seems like anytime we (rarely) try it's rarely accurate enough to be caught.  

On 11/11/2023 at 10:39 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Elijah Klein is probably the most under utilized player in the team. Such a big body and Target out there. But he doesn’t run screens so he is never out there. The guy could be a stud and Danny doesn’t use him. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him transfer out of here next season. What a shame. 

Definitely agree here! I wonder every game why Klein doesn't get at least a few targets. I'd rather see this over a 2 yard pass to Dennis on the sideline. I've said it before, I don't think Dennis is a bad player, but I have yet to see what the hype is. I keep hearing about his speed, but either he can't get open or the coaches aren't giving him those kinds of routes. If we can't get open at least try throwing it to the kid who can go up above everyone and bring it down. Especially in the Red Zone.

I'm also wondering if Bo is still dinged up, because we certainly haven't seen much of him either lately.

20 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

7-4

And at this point in the season, I probably agree with that. Playoffs come down to winning the next game, and that is not all on Tommy. The seasons downfall has been spread out across the team at different times. I'd have liked to have seem more of the other guys earlier in the season, but it is what it is. Really hoping Feeney can be a solid player for us, but even more excited to see what Jerry can do. (Then again I was really excited about Mollberg and Ketteringham).

I'm not sure I'd want our playoff hopes riding on a kid who hasn't any live actions other than garbage time either. At this point, let Tommy wrap up his career, and let the other two battle it out for the starter spot next season. If Tommy is still in GF and in school, maybe they can keep him involved as a volunteer assistant or something. There is certainly plenty of experience there that would be beneficial and he could help mentor the younger guys.