SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU Purple Cows @ UND - Friday Game Day Thread

fightingsioux4life

48 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well, it's Game Day Friday everyone! :)

Need a sweep for PWR purposes and because it's always more fun to win. :wink:

If we make their goaltender look like a Hobey Baker finalist, I think I will pull my hair out! :p

During a recent podcast, Schloss was reminiscing on old WCHA battles between UND and Mankato and reminded the listener of the 2008 series when a Maverick player not only scored a natural hat trick against UND, but all 3 goals were shorties! I don’t remember this happening but perhaps I wanted to forget it at the time. Lol 

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

During a recent podcast, Schloss was reminiscing on old WCHA battles between UND and Mankato and reminded the listener of the 2008 series when a Maverick player not only scored a natural hat trick against UND, but all 3 goals were shorties! I don’t remember this happening but perhaps I wanted to forget it at the time. Lol 

Oh I remember that vividly. Probably because they would never stop talking about it and I think the guy’s stick went into the hockey hall of fame. 

27 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

That happened in Mankato. And it was one of our "down years".

The strangest goal I ever witnessed was circa 2010,  maybe? At World Arena, a delayed penalty was being called on CC. So the UND goaltender skates off for an extra attacker and I wanna say Vandevelde made a no look pass backwards from center ice thinking his D man was back there to reset and start the charge up ice. Unfortunately, he wasn’t aware that his defensemen had skated off for a line change and we all watched the puck slowly but surely drift down the ice into the wide open UND net. CC fans were delirious with joy. I think we got smoked that game something like, 7-3 or something. Scott Owens commented that he’d never seen anything like it. But I digress….back to UND/Mavericks talk here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

We lose this Barry should be in the hot seat

I'm not even sure why you'd make this comment at this point. (Think Motzko is on the hot seat after yesterday?)

Anyhow, I agree that it should be a solid win, and we need to sweep at home. Hopefully no doubt by the 3rd period, but ya just never know. They will want to come in and knock off a top team.

• Like 1

I am actually so far liking our performance this year, even with some sloppy play.  I think it was good for this newer team to have some good victories in exhibition and during ice breaker tourney, and then, BAM some amazing competition and a split with the goofs. It was a good test and showing of hey, this is tier 1 hockey, buckle up. They know what it will take to win games in the Ralph. I think we sweep Mankato.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, LuvHockey said:

Road report says roads clear and OK to Buxton (Mile 118) and scattered snow ice to GF from there (Mile 142 or to US 2). 

Doubt travel will be an issue so let's all get up and GO! (from the south). US 2 from west is another story and I don't know that one.

This....no issues at normal speeds