SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ South Dakota State 9/30/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Usually the head coach can get that done, but, well, yeah …

Cant win big games, makes you wonder what’s being said (or not being said) …

“Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.” - Bill Belichick

Yep. On occasion you can bring in a former team member to give a pep talk etc.. but right before the game and or during halftime, that is the head coaches responsibility. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Kab said:

Who wins it

I’ll go with Fresno, they host Boise St.  Wyoming also up there, played Texas tough. Air Force looks solid.

Despite all of that, Air Force barely beat Sam Houston State, and Fresno State barely snuck by Eastern Washington. Portland St hung within 14 of Wyoming.

Meanwhile, UND pisses themselves out at Boise in front of 100+ fans/parents. I’m sorry, but the leadership and results for UND football is and has been lacking.  10 years later, sample size is adequate. I put my money where my mouth is, and get disappointed year after year. Change is needed, look forward to it, whether next year or in 10 years, it needs to happen. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Nothing has changed for me and what I believe the likelihood of the outcome will be. What has changed a week later is I'm absolutely fired up for this opportunity for the program. I truly believe a win on Saturday would change the perception of this program "nationally". Credit to Bubba for getting this program to the point where it can break through. The Boise State loss felt differently. I do get a sense that more and more are getting increasingly frustrated with the status quo. Let's see a complete game, fundamentally sound, somebody be a hero. Make a play that will change this program. Excited for Saturday.

Amen…

On 9/23/2023 at 10:14 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

QB? Special Teams?

Jackrabbit fan here, new to the board. Hoping for a big game this week, and that any UND fans that come down have a good time but leave disappointed, lol. 

What’s prompting me to join and comment is this statement. Tommy is a great QB and fun to watch as an opposing fan. Granted Mark’s one full game FCS loss is to UND but the was his second game of his true freshman year. Sorry, but as it sits the Hawks do not have the edge at QB. 

4 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Where is the best place to park for the game? I am on the UND side. Thanks….

There are free lots just west of Animal Science off a road called Medary Avenue. I added a pic below. Yellow circle is the free lots, Blue circle is the stadium. It’s a further walk but may be the best for exiting after. A google search will help find it as well. Prepare for a long wait(30 min or so) to get on the road. There’ll be +19k fans and that’ll create quite the logjam. 

IMG_4914.jpeg

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Jackedforlife said:

Jackrabbit fan here, new to the board. Hoping for a big game this week, and that any UND fans that come down have a good time but leave disappointed, lol. 

What’s prompting me to join and comment is this statement. Tommy is a great QB and fun to watch as an opposing fan. Granted Mark’s one full game FCS loss is to UND but the was his second game of his true freshman year. Sorry, but as it sits the Hawks do not have the edge at QB. 

define "great"?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

define "great"?

Top 5 in the MVFC, top 20 in the FCS. 

Much like the debate a few years ago with Christion, Stick and Streveler each team is going to pick their guy. Tommy competes and  leads the team. He puts the team in a position to win almost every week. He’s fun to watch. So I’d assume UND and the fans would go for Tommy. Same for Jacks fans regarding Mark. 

10 minutes ago, Jackedforlife said:

Much like the debate a few years ago with Christion, Stick and Streveler each team is going to pick their guy. Tommy competes and  leads the team. He puts the team in a position to win almost every week. He’s fun to watch. So I’d assume UND and the fans would go for Tommy. Same for Jacks fans regarding Mark. 

ummmmm....marky g is a stud. our true freshman jerry kaminski reminds me of marky g but he'll be gone if he doesn't see the field this year or has to sit behind tommy two gloves next year....they both just "look" like qb's.....tommy=backup punter.

assume you haven't watched too much sioux football in the last 20 years?

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ummmmm....marky g is a stud. our true freshman jerry kaminski reminds me of marky g but he'll be gone if he doesn't see the field this year or has to sit behind tommy two gloves next year....they both just "look" like qb's.....tommy=backup punter.

assume you haven't watched too much sioux football in the last 20 years?

Ummm since he is a Jacks fan.....he probably doesn't watch our message board weekly and realize there are a number of people on our board who don't think Tommy is that good. You are obviously at the top of that list. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Jackedforlife said:

2020-21: Took over the reins at starting quarterback as a true freshman and started all 10 games en route to earning numerous team, conference and national accolades 

difference between steig and bubba......steig saw the future in marky g and started him day 1 and a couple years later in title game...year later won title game...probably win again this year.  jerry should've started against drake but......you know the rest.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

If anyone finds an opening betting line post it. 

My degenerative betting mind has SDSU +9.5 and I think that's giving UND a little more than they deserve. 

Massey has it almost double that. Would expect that to be reflected in the line.