SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Ranking if we win? Ranking if we lose?

The chairman of the FCS Selection Committee said in a podcast last year that losing to an FBS team does not affect your selection possibility, winning would help of course. Then again there is the "Montana Clause" which means if you are Montana nothing else matter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Quite a few of you predicting Albertson's Stadium to become  "The Al ... west" on Saturday. 

I think UND will put a mighty scare into them, but I'm not quite that bold. 

(Massey has Boise by 17; it'll be closer than that.) 

You’re being reasonable, but having confidence and swagger is never reasonable. Gotta will this thing to the finish line …

12 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Lot of confidence on board this week. Not sure if it’s what UND FB FAN said and people are trying to will it by saying (writing) it, or if people really think we’re going to win. 

We really think we're going to win. Everything feels right about this game. Boise is down. We got the players to pull it off. It starts with coming out and getting a lead. Take an early lead and put all the pressure on Boise. 

35-31 UND

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Lot of confidence on board this week. Not sure if it’s what UND FB FAN said and people are trying to will it by saying (writing) it, or if people really think we’re going to win. 

“Champions behave like champions before they are champions; they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners.”

- Bill Walsh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We really think we're going to win. Everything feels right about this game. Boise is down. We got the players to pull it off. It starts with coming out and getting a lead. Take an early lead and put all the pressure on Boise. 

35-31 UND

I’m not sure Boise is down. I think they’ll still win the mountain west. Lost to a couple of really good teams IMO. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is a bull$hit take. Win the fuckin game, and then go down to Brookings and beat them.

Go Hawks 

I will be happy if we beat NDSU or SDSU. Losing to those teams and beating Boise is no consolation. 

we all know you will sheet on this team if they lose to Boise, regardless if they beat NDSU or SDSU………. The season doesn’t hinge on this game, but I agree we need to win if we want to be relevant.

Three games: Boise State, SDSU, NDSU. 
Win all three and we have entered a new era.
Lose all three and it will be the same old same old of mediocrity to not quite good enough. 
Win two out of three and we will have made significant progress and should be a realistic contender. 
Win one out of three and it gets muddled. Hard to tell where we’re at. May depend on who we beat how how competitive were the losses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

“Champions behave like champions before they are champions; they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners.”

- Bill Walsh

I have no problem with the players having this mentality, in fact I expect it. But fans can have a way of being a little delusional when it comes to their favorite team. Was just trying to gauge how much delusion there is from us. :D  I hope it’s a great day tomorrow. 

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

I am not afraid nor embarrassed that I think that we are underdogs and if we win it would be an upset.

I agree with this. Boise lost to the #10 team (at the time) in Washington and a P5 UCF. They're 0-2, but it's not like they've been playing scrubs. I would expect an enormous effort by Boise, and we would need to play a near perfect game to take them down. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I will be happy if we beat NDSU or SDSU. Losing to those teams and beating Boise is no consolation. 

we all know you will sheet on this team if they lose to Boise, regardless if they beat NDSU or SDSU………. The season doesn’t hinge on this game, but I agree we need to win if we want to be relevant.

You’re already hedging that UND can’t beat 2 of these 3: Boise, SDSU, NDSU. You’re sandbagging and lowering expectations to only winning 1 of the 3.
I don’t think those results are going to get UND to the next tier. Just the honest to God truth. As such, need to aim higher. Beat Boise. Beat SDSU. Beat ag school. Can’t beat all 3, fine, okay. Cant beat 2 of the 3, then we have problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

I have no problem with the players having this mentality, in fact I expect it. But fans can have a way of being a little delusional when it comes to their favorite team. Was just trying to gauge how much delusion there is from us. :D  I hope it’s a great day tomorrow. 

Fans are, in fact, fanatic, at times …