SiouxSports.com Forum

Sigh....The Vikings.....

Wilbur

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Man the Packers suck all season and then they stomp the Cowboys so far in the playoffs. Can anyone explain to me why they are still a Vikings fan?

Because real fans stick with their teams no matter what. And the Cowgirls falling flat on their faces shouldn't surprise anyone. This could cost McCarthy his job, the cupboard is hardly bare in Dallas.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Because real fans stick with their teams no matter what. And the Cowgirls falling flat on their faces shouldn't surprise anyone. This could cost McCarthy his job, the cupboard is hardly bare in Dallas.

Dak prime time = cheap folding chair

18 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Man the Packers suck all season and then they stomp the Cowboys so far in the playoffs. Can anyone explain to me why they are still a Vikings fan?

Jordan Love has been playing lights out for the past nine weeks. While the defense may have sucked a majority of the season, the Packers as a team did not.

38 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Jordan Love has been playing lights out for the past nine weeks. While the defense may have sucked a majority of the season, the Packers as a team did not.

Really? Another delusional Packer fan who is drinking the puke green and p8*$% yellow kool-aid. In week 14 against the powerhouse Giants, Love was 25/39 for 218 years and 1 TD and I INT in a loss. The next week, the FudgePackers got boatraced by Tampa Bay at home. If the Packers are fortunate enough to get by the 49ers (which is very unlikely), they get the chance to get steamrolled by the Lions again. They won't catch the Lions sleeping again like Thanksgiving. It will be similar to the last 2 times in Green Bay. The FudgePackers are not even the best team in the North. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Bellichek to Dallas?

53 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Really? Another delusional Packer fan who is drinking the puke green and p8*$% yellow kool-aid. In week 14 against the powerhouse Giants, Love was 25/39 for 218 years and 1 TD and I INT in a loss. The next week, the FudgePackers got boatraced by Tampa Bay at home. If the Packers are fortunate enough to get by the 49ers (which is very unlikely), they get the chance to get steamrolled by the Lions again. They won't catch the Lions sleeping again like Thanksgiving. It will be similar to the last 2 times in Green Bay. The FudgePackers are not even the best team in the North. 

Watching the Packer Pre-Game Show (Fox NFL Sunday) will do that to people.

1 hour ago, skateshattrick said:

And what about the other seven games that they won?  :silly:

Jordan Love's last 9 games:

212/300 for 2,422 yards, 21 TD passes, 1 INT

70.7 completion percentage
8.1 yards per attempt
116.6 passer rating
8 games with multiple TDs, 0 INT, 100.0+ 
Packers: 7-2

• Upvote 1

In a 17 game season, the last eight or so are the pertinent ones should you make post season -> how are you playing now

In the old hockey PWR calcs "last 16 games" record was one factor. I wasn't a fan of it but it has its place. And the NFL might be proving it. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

8.1 yards per attempt
116.6 passer rating

What were Cousins stats the last 9 games?

I'll hang up and listen......

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

8.1 yards per attempt
116.6 passer rating

Statistics for the year according to NFL.com:

Jared Goff      4575 yards 67.3 completion % 30 TDs 12 INTs 97.9 passer rating

Jordan Love   4159 yards 64.2 completion % 32 TDs 11 INTs 96.1 passer rating

Goff also beat the Buccaneers, Broncos, Raiders, Falcons--all teams that Love lost to. Goff did split with the Bears and the Packers swept the Bears, but otherwise, Goff had a better year. I don't know about the random last 9 games that you cherry picked, but Goff is better than Love in almost every statistical category. This is the same Goff that some Bison rubes on this board thought was worse than Wentz (those are the most delusional fans, although Packers fans and Bison fans seem to overlap). I hope and pray that the Lions get to play the Packers again. 

18 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Goff also beat the Buccaneers, Broncos, Raiders, Falcons--all teams that Love lost to. Goff did split with the Bears and the Packers swept the Bears, but otherwise, Goff had a better year. I don't know about the random last 9 games that you cherry picked, but Goff is better than Love in almost every statistical category. This is the same Goff that some Bison rubes on this board thought was worse than Wentz (those are the most delusional fans, although Packers fans and Bison fans seem to overlap). I hope and pray that the Lions get to play the Packers again. 

As to your last sentence that would be great for the NFL. 

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The Niners are going to be tough to beat at home. They are not that mentally-fragile team located in north Texas. Of course, people were saying the same things in 1987......

Purdy is going to have to pull a Dak for GB to win. I like SF and DET to win next weekend.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

Not a fan of either team but I think I would rather have Love than Goff going forward. I believe he started to figure it out the second half of the season and has a higher ceiling. 

23 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

The stats between the two are pretty much the exact same. I wouldn't exactly say that Goff is lights out better than Love. You also need to remember that Love is in his FIRST full year while Goff is 8 years into his NFL career. 
You forgot to mention that Goff lost to the same team Green Bay and Love just lite up.