SiouxSports.com Forum

Sigh....The Vikings.....

Wilbur

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

When the MRI makes torn Achilles official, does the fire sale in MSP begin. 

I don't think so.  It's a business.  You punt on the season now with 9 games left and your are killing your ticket sales for the four home games you have left.  They've got to figure out a way to keep things exciting.  

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think so.  It's a business.  You punt on the season now with 9 games left and your are killing your ticket sales for the four home games you have left.  They've got to figure out a way to keep things exciting.  

This isn't a circus. The NFL is about winning games and championships. That is what drives ticket and merchandise sales. Being "fun to watch" is no substitute for winning. The Vikings need more talent across the board and you only get that via the draft. I think you could bait Jerry Jones into giving up a lot of draft capital for Justin Jefferson. It would make the Cowboys more "fun to watch", but I don't think it would make them Super Bowl favorites. And it's about time to get payback for the Hershel Walker trade.

BREAKING: Per source, the Minnesota #Vikings and New Orleans #Saints    are discussing a trade that would send QB Jameis Winston to Minnesota. 

I’m told both sides are “pushing hard” to get a deal over the line before tomorrow’s deadline, and Winston is “eager” for the opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

BREAKING: Per source, the Minnesota #Vikings and New Orleans #Saints    are discussing a trade that would send QB Jameis Winston to Minnesota. 

I’m told both sides are “pushing hard” to get a deal over the line before tomorrow’s deadline, and Winston is “eager” for the opportunity.

Winston had 30 TDs and 30 INTs one season with Tampa. He is a high risk/high reward player.

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Winston had 30 TDs and 30 INTs one season with Tampa. He is a high risk/high reward player.

Yes he is not my choice.  Few options I think the best is get a bargain deal Cousins and ride a low wave.  High draft choice.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Yes he is not my choice.  Few options I think the best is get a bargain deal Cousins and ride a low wave.  High draft choice.

Agree. You don't win big at this level without a franchise QB.

PS: Before someone brings up Trent Dilfer and the 2000 Ravens, that was an exception to the rule.

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

tells you about how far carson is off the radar that the vikes would waste a draft pick on trading for dobbs.

stupid move.

Even the Vikings know that Wentz isn't going to get it done for them.   I'd venture a guess that Wentz's football career is over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Carson will be just fine while his haters still go to work. More time with family and of course out in the field hunting. Pretty good life I’d say 

Yep.  Never cheered for him only because he was a Bison but he has done very well for himself with $128,660,396 in career earnings.  He'll be just fine. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Yep.  Never cheered for him only because he was a Bison but he has done very well for himself with $128,660,396 in career earnings.  He'll be just fine. 

half to uncle sam and the probably at least 50 million in sunscreen (ginger problems)...probably has less than 20 million left.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

He bought shotguns for his offensive line in Philly. It was a fun ride while he played. Frustrating at times no doubt but it was cool to have a nephew in the nfl 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, sioux rube said:

He bought shotguns for his offensive line in Philly. It was a fun ride while he played. Frustrating at times no doubt but it was cool to have a nephew in the nfl 

I was hoping the Vikings would test the waters with him.  He seemed like a good option.

I wish him the best.  Really a good guy. 

• Upvote 3