SiouxSports.com Forum

Sigh....The Vikings.....

Wilbur

Thankfully they lost that one.  The last two weeks the play calling hasn't deserved to win them those games.  Hopefully KOC can figure out in the future when you've got a one point lead and the other team has the top rushing defense in the NFL that you probably can't run out the clock that way.  Run....run...short pass....terrible punt.....

i know this is next level stuff but..........does flores say before the dj moore pass..."if a bear is past  the ____ yd line running free....let them score the td"

take your chances down 7 or 8 with over a minute and few to's left instead of a chip shot fg as time expires.....

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know this is next level stuff but..........does flores say before the dj moore pass..."if a bear is past  the ____ yd line running free....let them score the td"

take your chances down 7 or 8 with over a minute and few to's left instead of a chip shot fg as time expires.....

I am glad he didn't as I needed Vikings to lose by less than 3 or win to hit the pay window to cap off a 6 game teaser. Got a little worried when the Vikings ran the old pitchy pitchy woo woo play at the end as those often times end up in the wrong end zone.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I am glad he didn't as I needed Vikings to lose by less than 3 or win to hit the pay window to cap off a 6 game teaser. Got a little worried when the Vikings ran the old pitchy pitchy woo woo play at the end as those often times end up in the wrong end zone.

FFL is kinda gambling........i was down 3.8 pts in the baltimore game with only zay flowers left......end around to him on 3rd down (kinda a weird play?) and if he takes a knee (like he should've after getting the first down) i lose by .1....nope he takes it to the house and my buddy in AZ just lost it.

19 minutes ago, petey23 said:

payout????

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

7-1.

$140.

Risk/Reward....had a couple parlays that came up 1 game short in NCAA and NFL so losses covered plus a little.

And, only reason I didn't turn that terrible football game off in the first quarter.:D

haha gambling (i just started last year) makes garbage football watchable!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'd go with Hall at QB next week but think KOC goes with Mullens

Think the Vikes are probably underdogs in these final 4, Bengals and Packers are really playing well while Detroit is struggling at the moment

This.  Best case scenario is 9-8 winning the home games. 

20 minutes ago, Kab said:

Vikings coach has to be one of the worst play callers in nfl 

What?? You don’t think using Powell on the QB shove is brilliant?  O’Connell continues to blow games. He should never be allowed to call plays or make game management decisions. 

5 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

What?? You don’t think using Powell on the QB shove is brilliant?  O’Connell continues to blow games. He should never be allowed to call plays or make game management decisions. 

Where was ham ?

This loss can be put right on KOC but all areas certainly contributed. Defensively you can't finish on some big negative plays and can't go and make a play on the ball, offensively you can't gain 6 inches in two plays and continue to turn the ball over consistently. Coaching-KOC hasn't adapted to coaching like he has a backup QB he still is calling the game like Cousins is back there especially with the lead. Where was the screen game, throws to the flats, and leaning on the run game to keep the clock moving a little with the lead. How about personnel usage the biggest one is why is Powell even on the field for 3rd/4th inches use Hockenson/Oliver/Ham. Remember how good Ham used to be in short yardage? Here is the major red flag for me on KOC along with the number of times not being able to close games in his 2 seasons, we could see in the preseason that Chandler was much more effective runner than Mattison and he still hasn't realized it. Maybe the injury forces him to finally see it today.

4 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

This loss can be put right on KOC but all areas certainly contributed. Defensively you can't finish on some big negative plays and can't go and make a play on the ball, offensively you can't gain 6 inches in two plays and continue to turn the ball over consistently. Coaching-KOC hasn't adapted to coaching like he has a backup QB he still is calling the game like Cousins is back there especially with the lead. Where was the screen game, throws to the flats, and leaning on the run game to keep the clock moving a little with the lead. How about personnel usage the biggest one is why is Powell even on the field for 3rd/4th inches use Hockenson/Oliver/Ham. Remember how good Ham used to be in short yardage? Here is the major red flag for me on KOC along with the number of times not being able to close games in his 2 seasons, we could see in the preseason that Chandler was much more effective runner than Mattison and he still hasn't realized it. Maybe the injury forces him to finally see it today.

I much prefer Chandler to Mattison. Give Chandler enough playing time and maybe even O’Connell will be able to see it. Not really sure what Mattison brings to the table. I see him as an average runner at best with a propensity to fumble. 

The defense went from lights out to three TD possessions in a row.  Then the aforementioned play calling. 

Chandler is the guy at RB.

Mullens okay in the game.  Not the reason they lost, but dumb turnovers. 

Just missing the playoffs would be okay.  7-7 with 3 games to go.