SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND 9/9/2023

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

No, but it’s another thing to think that those few plays didn’t give UND a bit of cushion that kept NAU just out of reach.  But that’s what good teams do, make the plays necessary, and capitalize when the other team doesn’t.  Let’s be honest, if we were on the other side of those plays we would be pointing to them as turning points that kept us behind the eight ball.

Hey man I actually totally agree. Although we used to be on the losing end saying if that one play went different we woulda had them. Now we are saying for the opponent, if one play woulda went different.......we probably wouldn't have had a 20 plus point lead in the 4th quarter.  #progress

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I’ve been told he’s instructed to do that….. in warmups he’s booting them out of the end zone 

If he kicks a touchback 0% chance our special teams makes a play to pin them deep or forces a fumble. How often to kickoffs get taken back for a touchdown? Maybe once a year, got to add a little risk to see if the boys can make a play

• Upvote 2

Got home and watched the highlights. I see what a lot of you were talking about in regards to missed tackles and giving up big yardage on third down. That said, we led 37-9 with 6 minutes to go. That’s a pretty good beat down. No team is gonna come back from that no matter how many on side kicks they recover. Now let’s really go make some noise. 

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Thought Ocansey had a good game and seems to be improving.

Agreed! Several nice pass break ups. There were a number of plays in that game (Ocansey and a few others) where I said to my wife, "They don't make that play last year".

Not perfect and always want to keep improving, but definitely seeing some good things.

• Upvote 1