SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Hoping both QBs are great but one pulls away early so there’s no lingering question who is #1 as we get to the first game.

we have 3 very large OLs coming in. Hoping they are making an impact this year,

Also hope someone smarter than me makes a projected depth chart

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

2 DE and 1 DT transfer are already on campus. Definitely much needed to get these guys there early. Hope they can pick things up fast and the DL room as a whole has a great summer in the weight room. 

Don't think the 1 or more OL transfers have been officially announced yet, or did I miss it while on vacation last week?

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Don't think the 1 or more OL transfers have been officially announced yet, or did I miss it while on vacation last week?

It was noted last week. We now have 3 new OL monster trucks who I hope can open up lots of holes and protect the QB

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, shep said:

It was noted last week. We now have 3 new OL monster trucks who I hope can open up lots of holes and protect the QB

Where was it announced officially.  Other than a tweet from a coach?

7 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

I am trying to get excited for this upcoming season.  But it is just so hard to do.

Think s lot of us have felt this way ever since the announcement Danny was going to SDSu. Landry doing what he did, Bubba getting an extension, losing 3 starting OL......just lots of turmoil in general makes it hard. 

The transfers on on both OL and DL provide some hope....but just don't know how they will pan out. OC may very well likely be a wash or who knows....could be a step forward.... especially if Trey or Jerry are the real deal. 

I think until we see what happens on August 31st.....many are trying to mentally prepare for the worst, but I think there is a chance we could still be pretty decent. Hard to get too excited right now, but I'm sure I will be come August 31st. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Think s lot of us have felt this way ever since the announcement Danny was going to SDSu. Landry doing what he did, Bubba getting an extension, losing 3 starting OL......just lots of turmoil in general makes it hard. 

The transfers on on both OL and DL provide some hope....but just don't know how they will pan out. OC may very well likely be a wash or who knows....could be a step forward.... especially if Trey or Jerry are the real deal. 

I think until we see what happens on August 31st.....many are trying to mentally prepare for the worst, but I think there is a chance we could still be pretty decent. Hard to get too excited right now, but I'm sure I will be come August 31st. 

For all the reasons you've stated, I'm feeling a mix of hope with fear.  Lots of "what if's" right now. 

Yet, I can't wait for that first home game tailgating. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, shep said:

For all the reasons you've stated, I'm feeling a mix of hope with fear.  Lots of "what if's" right now. 

Yet, I can't wait for that first home game tailgating. 

I’ve gone through the gauntlet of emotions this offseason but right now I’m optimistic. Can’t wait for the first home game and can’t wait for Iowa State. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, shep said:

Is it an upgrade to replace FCS guys moving up to FBS with FBS guys moving down to FCS?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NDRA said:

Is it an upgrade to replace FCS guys moving up to FBS with FBS guys moving down to FCS?

The player > the label ... that's what it comes down to. We will see. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NDRA said:

The answer is obvious, this is a downgrade.  Labels going into college(FBS/FCS) don't matter but with a few years development/game action the portal is placing guys at the right level.   UND O-line is going to suck.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

The answer is obvious, this is a downgrade.  Labels going into college(FBS/FCS) don't matter but with a few years development/game action the portal is placing guys at the right level.   UND O-line is going to suck.

I haven't looked as who we have all back and transferred in and I could be wrong but I don't think our OL will suck. Hoping some of the younger guys are good, just a little inexperienced and some of the transfers are decent. That said, there is no way we will be as good as we would have been if they stayed. If they had all stayed....I think we might have had the best offense we've had at the FCS level, assuming the OC and Trey/Jerry are the real deal. Hoping for more big plays down field this year. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I haven't looked as who we have all back and transferred in and I could be wrong but I don't think our OL will suck. Hoping some of the younger guys are good, just a little inexperienced and some of the transfers are decent. That said, there is no way we will be as good as we would have been if they stayed. If they had all stayed....I think we might have had the best offense we've had at the FCS level, assuming the OC and Trey/Jerry are the real deal. Hoping for more big plays down field this year. 

would've loved to see what trey or Jerry could've done with the o line last year.....they might be running for their lives this year but who knows..

On 5/31/2024 at 12:31 PM, gundy1124 said:

Wasn’t there a year where we went smaller as an o-line to get better? I think it will be better then that year :)

23 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would've loved to see what trey or Jerry could've done with the o line last year.....they might be running for their lives this year but who knows..

So you’re setting it up now so that if either of them underperform Schuster, you can pin it on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

So you’re setting it up now so that if either of them underperform Schuster, you can pin it on that.

nope...just saying that if Jerry would've started from game one we might have beat Boise and USD and hosted a weaker team that sac state (not sure that's possible but hey....)...maybe beat said team and who knows we play ndac in the playoffs and beat them too and we might retain some of those transfers bc they see momentum building in the program instead of rebuilding going into the game in Ames this fall.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1