SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

To be OC for NDSU you mean? While we have liked Joe and has been good for the OL, I could be wrong but I'm not sure top level FCS teams would immediately have him as top on their list for an OC position. No offense to Joe and I sure hope he sticks around for a while, but I think they would be able to get someone more qualified. We didn't even hire him is our OC. 

I think Roehl was also going to coach the O-line, wasn't he?  Could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

To be OC for NDSU you mean? While we have liked Joe and has been good for the OL, I could be wrong but I'm not sure top level FCS teams would immediately have him as top on their list for an OC position. No offense to Joe and I sure hope he sticks around for a while, but I think they would be able to get someone more qualified. We didn't even hire him is our OC. 

Correct, NDSU isn't going to look at UND's O-line coach who has no experience as an OC.  If Danny was still in GF I doubt NDSU would look at him either.  These options don't make any sense.

I believe the only reason Joe's name gets brought up is because he played for NDSU coach when he was at Iowa, so there is maybe some connection there. Not saying Joe wouldn't be a good OC but with no play calling experience its a stretch. And I would hate to see him leave. UND's Oline play is night and day difference since him coming here.

Just now, CMSioux said:

What does it say about the integrity of a person who is interviewing for a job at the same time they are accepting a job and making a big deal publicly about how happy they are to be taking that job? I'm sure since he's a local kid some will be able to spin this, but it is a very poor reflection on him. 

It’s a business. Jake’s doing what’s best for him and his family. Absolutely nothing wrong with that 

• Upvote 2

Just now, CMSioux said:

What does it say about the integrity of a person who is interviewing for a job at the same time they are accepting a job and making a big deal publicly about how happy they are to be taking that job? I'm sure since he's a local kid some will be able to spin this, but it is a very poor reflection on him. 

Can’t really blame the guy. NDSU is a much better situation and also more $$$.
Don’t think many would turn that opportunity down for 1 year with Bubba before he gets canned 

• Upvote 3