SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Wat does Bubba need to do to get extended and keep is job?  Where is the bar he must reach?

-  Beat the Jacks or Bison

-  Winning season

-  Make the playoffs

-  Win a playoff game

-  Reach the Quarterfinals

-  Reach the Semifinals

-  Make it to Frisco

-  Win a National Championship

4 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Wonder if miller will go the extra mile and do an open records check to see who applied 

I thought something changed where they only have to disclose finalists or maybe they don’t even have to do that now?

24 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Wat does Bubba need to do to get extended and keep is job?  Where is the bar he must reach?

-  Winning season

-  Make the playoffs

-  Win a playoff game

-  Reach the Semifinals

-  Make it to Frisco

I would say win 9 regular season games, first round playoff bye, win a minimum of 1 playoff game.  What he has done over the last 10 years, an average coach could do at an FCS program like UND.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Can’t change the past, but can learn from it to affect the future. That’s still important here, so think about that when the posts are regurgitated. 

On that note, a career-concluding, decade-plus head coach is not what UND football needs right now. 

But you can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results and that's what keeps happening.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

-  Winning season

-  Make the playoffs

-  Win a playoff game

-  Reach the Semifinals

-  Make it to Frisco

All of the above

I think I would be very shocked to hear we go internal as Bubba said when the new broke down, he was leaving his phone was blowing off the hook with people, Wained to work here either he was bullshitting or telling the truth

those if he goes internal the word on the street is we’re throwing in the towel

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

-  Winning season

-  Make the playoffs

-  Win a playoff game

-  Reach the Semifinals

-  Make it to Frisco

I think if he reach's the Quarterfinals he gets extended.

On 1/13/2024 at 10:44 AM, Hawkster said:

SDSU went to the SD Legislature and had the law changed so they could give Stig multi year contracts.   They claimed it hurt recruiting, they wanted to reassure the kids that the coach would be around longer.  No way does Bubba get to work to the end of his contract in 2025.  He's either going to be fired or get extended just because of recruits.

USD, not SDSU, led the effort to get approval for multi-year contracts when the Coyotes wanted a longer commitment to offer to Bob Nielsen, current USD football coach. Personally, I think it was a good move and benefitted the schools and their coaches.  

54 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I think if he reach's the Quarterfinals he gets extended.

So you think they'll get to 7 wins and probably backdoor their way in?

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So you think they'll get to 7 wins and probably backdoor their way in?

Way to early to predict a record in my opinion.  Common sense would say 7 wins and 1st round exit.  They need to hit the portal hard after Spring Ball.  Obviously help on the defensive side of the ball.  Interested to see who they bring in as Offensive Coordinator.  I'm think we will see an upgrade at QB.  I'm guessing the Writing was on the Wall or Schuster would have stuck around 1 more year.