SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This program is lost.  It can’t help but win 5 -7 games….but that’s all it does.  

A great way to put it.  Almost doesn't matter what the schedule is.  We will win most games at the Alerus, lose most games away from the Alerus and if we have enough home games to make the playoffs we lose the first playoff game.  

I still say this program has never recovered from the NDSU loss in 2021.  The overall trend line has been down ever since that game(of course with the exception of the mirage game against NDSU in 2023).

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Faison is the GOAT! That fat !@#$ can lick my balls.

Let’s face it, if he was hired at UND he wouldn’t have been here long

he did elevate the last 2 programs he was at 

I wonder what the average length a coach stays at an fbs school before leaving or being asked to leave, must be under 10 years 

1 minute ago, Mama Sue said:

There is nothing wrong with recognizing we are a stepping stone HC program…

Absolutely. Our position as a farm program for FBS programs should also include being a farm program for coaches. The fact our current HC has been here over a decade in this day and age should tell you all you need to know about how (and why) UND football is in a bad place right now. Need a more enthusiastic, big plans type of guy at head coach, which is exactly why losing Danny Freund has been hurtful. Bubba Schweigert has drained this program dry, and at this current moment, continues to do so, which absolutely is devastating.

• Upvote 4

Stig was at SDSU for a long time but he did elevate the program and he left on top and their program is in a good place

i think they will have coaches coming and going frequently now 

not sure with Montana and their head coach coming and going and coming back but he did get them to the top again 

maybe 1 year coaching contracts is the way to go 

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

Stig was at SDSU for a long time but he did elevate the program and he left on top and their program is in a good place

not sure with Montana and their head coach coming and going and coming back but he did get them to the top again 

Maybe Bubba will go to Washington for a couple of yrs and then come back.  :D

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

SDSU went to the SD Legislature and had the law changed so they could give Stig multi year contracts.   They claimed it hurt recruiting, they wanted to reassure the kids that the coach would be around longer.  No way does Bubba get to work to the end of his contract in 2025.  He's either going to be fired or get extended just because of recruits.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NDRA said:

Maybe Bubba will go to Washington for a couple of yrs and then come back.  :D

More likely Klieman goes to Washington and then our old friend Gene Taylor hires Bubba at K State.   Especially if Roger Thomas asks Taylor to do that. :)

1 hour ago, MNHawk said:

If you’re curious how a DeBoer tenure would have looked like at UND, you should take a look at what Troy Taylor’s tenure at Sacramento State looked like. That’s the best comparison in my opinion.

DeBoer wouldn’t have been here for a decade, but he would have taken a struggling program and quickly built one of the best FCS teams in the country.

A coach like Deboer would have taken any three teams Bubba had, won a minimum of 9 games and as many as 15 all three years, and had a resume to move to a substantial FBS program.  Same players.

• Upvote 2

On 1/12/2024 at 2:18 PM, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Seems like they are always beating us. Looks like they are undefeated at the Alerus too (2-0).

Anyone willing to bike past one of there practices or their Spring camp? :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/13/2024 at 12:13 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I’m pissed about the DeBoer thing and have posted about it but I’m just not sure how many more ways we can state that this happened and it was a royal F up. Think it’s time to move on and discuss how UND can fix it? Like who’s the next DeBoer that instead of passing on we can hire when Bubba is gone?

Can’t change the past, but can learn from it to affect the future. That’s still important here, so think about that when the posts are regurgitated. 

On that note, a career-concluding, decade-plus head coach is not what UND football needs right now. 

• Upvote 1