SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Want better attendance and more interest in UND FB.....produce a better product. It's been groundhogs day for a decade. 

Been 5-7 wins all but 2 years...one 8 win season followed by a 3 win season...

At a school like UND, that record is not good enough.  

On 11/25/2023 at 5:05 PM, Midwestern Hawk said:

2024 Season:

Assuming Tommy is QB, Coordinators are the same and Bubba is the head coach...

2024 North Dakota Football Schedule
Aug. 31            at Iowa State -L
Sept. 7            vs. Montana-TOSS UP
Sept. 14          vs. Idaho State-TOSS UP
Sept. 21          vs. San Diego-W
Sept. 28          vs. Murray State*-W

Oct. 5               at North Dakota State*-L
Oct. 12             BYE
Oct. 19            vs. Northern Iowa*-W
Oct. 26             at Youngstown State*-L
Nov. 2              at Indiana State*-TOSS UP
Nov. 9              vs. South Dakota State*-L
Nov. 16            vs. South Dakota*-TOSS UP

Nov. 23            at Illinois State*-L

3 WINS

4 TOSS UPS

5 LOSSES

Split the toss ups and we finish with 5 wins and 7 losses...

After the transfer portal and Danny news, I would change Montana to a Loss and Northern Iowa to a Toss Up.

2 WINS

4 TOSS UPS

6 LOSSES

Thankfully San Diego and Murray State come in the first half of the season or it could really snowball.

a .500 record will be tough to accomplish.  Would not be surprised to see a defection or two yet before next fall...

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

After the transfer portal and Danny news, I would change Montana to a Loss and Northern Iowa to a Toss Up.

2 WINS

4 TOSS UPS

6 LOSSES

a .500 record will be tough to accomplish.  Would not be surprised to see a defection or two yet before next fall...

Unproven at QB this year, with a new coordinator......run the ball, field position, while playing good defense should work right?  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Unproven at QB this year, with a new coordinator......run the ball, field position, while playing good defense should work right?  

Yep, we have a defensive minded head coach, so our defense should be good!

42 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Respect within the confines of your comfortable inner circle is easy.

Just ask Epstein......oh wait nevermind. 

Garnering respect outside your comfortable inner circle takes effort and is more challenging.  "Just email me."

Epstein? Wow.

To your other point, the overwhelming large majority of people I have spoke with have had no issues talking and sharing opinions with the current AD. That includes donor events, sporting events, university functions and just in general. I think all stakeholders should be more than welcome to give their opinion, understanding that their voice is just one of thousands, but I'd also be curious the whole story on why you, or maybe just others you are speaking for, aren't getting the attention or responses you feel you deserve.

40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is why the current state of UND athletics is pathetic right now.

Jason Eck made $94,000 his last year as OC at SDSU after 1 final and 1 semifinal appearance his first two years as OC.
Lujan made $83,000 two years ago before he got a raise after he won a national championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Im quite surprised that an offensive or defensive coordinator position at a D1 school makes that little.. particularly in MVFC or Big Sky.  Anyone konw an easy way to look at what the averages are across those conferences?

44 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

Im quite surprised that an offensive or defensive coordinator position at a D1 school makes that little.. particularly in MVFC or Big Sky.  Anyone konw an easy way to look at what the averages are across those conferences?

That short time to apply means they have already selected someone, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

It could.  I am basing my assessment on the last 10 years body of work, this seasons schedule and the fact the offense will likely be less productive this season.  There is always a chance it is better, but that chance is remote IMO.  D could be better, but we will still have the head scratching in game calls, time management and a game or two where Bubba's pregame speech seems to demotivate.  The trend line for this program has been down since the 2021 loss to NDSU at home.  Yes we eat NDSU last season, but that looks now more of an aberration than anything else.

I am surprised with Danny being at UND basically his whole adult life, but I can't blame him.  This is similar to someone on the Gophers staff jumping to Ohio State or Michigan, which is fairly common.  It's just a better situation (unfortunately) and a better path to move up which at his age is his clock was ticking.  Honestly a little surprised that SDSU didn't go for a little higher profile hire being we've won basically no playoff games under him, but I guess if this was just for a QB coach job it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Probably has something to do with Kris Engelstad trying to get Kennedy fired, for his efforts to negotiate a usage agreement that benefits UND Athletics as a whole.

Someday you will learn all that Kris does for UND athletics and UND athletes!

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Someday you will learn all that Kris does for UND athletics and UND athletes!

I don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic.  People have said that she pays summer tuition for FB.  It's been implied that she helps with other stuff as well.  Does the REA usage agreement, in effect, require UND to be dependent on her?  How nice.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Can someone send a link to the bubba interview?

My guess is it will be uploaded to their page on iHeart later today or tomorrow. Just search "Complete Utter Nonsense" They had Sather and Bernahrd on the other day that is their most recent ones available.